PDA

View Full Version : ZT Boot Lock & Wiper Stalk issues

surprisingskoda
14th January 2018, 14:49
Hi,
I joined here as I've had a couple of problems with my 51 plate ZT 190+ and. although I've lived with them for a while now, the car continues to endear itself to me and I'd like to make it even more pleasing to use.

To whit, two issues.
One, the boot does not usually open using the "popper" button in the drivers footwell. The motor loudly bangs three times, trying to open I assume, but it does not release. Occasionally, but usually not, it works. I know somethings up, and I'd just like to know (if anyone can tell me) which part is faulty and likely to be the cause.
Two, the wipers bug the life out of me. I have rain-sensing wipers but they are very temperamental. Almost always they don't work, when switched to "intermittent" on the stalk, they will wipe once, then remain parked. Maybe a minute later, again, but maybe not.
I know they have to be switched on each time you start the car. OK (annoying, my other cars dont, but OK). But once switched on, they may or may not work, usually not. If I change the sensitivity setting on the stalk end, they will wipe once, park, and not move again.
So either I drive around twiddling the stalk end constantly, or knocking it down to one-wipe every few seconds, or switch to full-on. Not ideal in the prevalence of misty or drizzly conditions these days.
For that, if there is something obvious that's wrong, I'd appreciate any kind of heads-up, and open to any workaround to better the system if there is one.

suzublu
14th January 2018, 14:58
Hi & welcome, winding the rubber boot stops out a quarter turn will stop the "machine gunning" as we call it, as to your wipers, not sure:cool:

roverbarmy
14th January 2018, 15:04
Try "unscrewing" the rubber buffers on the underside of the boot (they are adjustable) a turn at a time. The cold weather takes the springiness out of them, they "pop" the boot open.;)
EDIT . Suzu beat me to it!

surprisingskoda
14th January 2018, 15:15
"machine gunning" is exactly how it sounds and I've just tried that, and it seems to be working! Never even thought of that... Thanks!