PDA

View Full Version : Rear washer pipe on Tourer

pugcrew
14th January 2018, 16:08
Due to a leak I need to replace the short length of pipe that runs through the flexible rubber tube that is visible when you open the glass hatch only.

Firstly I think the washer pipe runs through the left rubber tube but can anyone confirm this?

Secondly does anyone have any advice on replacing this short length of tube? It looks like it will be a PITA to disconnect the rubber tube and I suspect that feeding a new washer pipe through the rubber tube will also be a PITA. Does anyone have any tips on doing this?

Finally, I have read some posts on here where people have removed the rear washer jet and found that the 'grommet' that holds the jet breaks into a number of pieces. Do I need to remove the jet or can I simply remove the washer pipe from the jets while they are in place?

Mickyboy
14th January 2018, 18:06
Black washer pipe runs though the top centre hole, also has heated rear screen plug and wiper motor plug run though that hole.
That’s if my memory serves me correctly, I remove enough of them lol
They normally have a small white joiner fitted on the washer fluid feed
Mick;)

pugcrew
14th January 2018, 21:37
Black washer pipe runs though the top centre hole, also has heated rear screen plug and wiper motor plug run though that hole.
That’s if my memory serves me correctly, I remove enough of them lol
They normally have a small white joiner fitted on the washer fluid feed
Mick;)

I can see the small white joiner which is where I want to replace the pipe from. I assume that from the top centre hole the washer pipe runs down the left hand rubber tube. I had a quick look and the rubber tube looks quite tightly fitted and I'm also concerned that it will be hard to get a new tube threaded through this and connected to the washer jets. Have you got any tips?

GeoffWW
20th January 2018, 15:31
Before trying to separate the pipe ends from the joiner, and the jet connector, warm the pipe ends with a hair drier.

pugcrew
20th January 2018, 18:57
Before trying to separate the pipe ends from the joiner, and the jet connector, warm the pipe ends with a hair drier.

Thanks for this, good idea.

However when I exposed the pipe I found that there was a small section of rubber hose that connected to the washer jet spigot so I did have to disturb the jets.

All now fixed so I have working rear washer and no more leaks into the rear load space!!