PDA

View Full Version : 75 v6

steady eddie
14th January 2018, 20:09
Hi' I have been offered a V6 I dont yet know if it is a 2lt or 2.5lt what I do know is that it has suffered water pump failure it was recovered and not driven with the pump failure. Would I be right in thinking this would be a major job to replace I think it is possibly a o2 reg car possibly connoisseur saloon.

chris75
14th January 2018, 20:40
Yes , big job .Replacing a water pump is basically the same operation as replacing the timing belts and a lot of stuff has to be removed . It is identical for both the 2.0 and the 2.5 .
Sorry if this is a silly question , but might be worth checking that it definitely is the pump ? :shrug: If it is sudden water loss then it might be the thermostat housing , more common , which is an easier job :}

SD1too
14th January 2018, 22:17
... might be worth checking that it definitely is the pump ? If it is sudden water loss then it might be the thermostat housing ...
:wot:
Good advice here from Chris.

Another possibility is overheating due to electric radiator fan slow speed failure (very common) and misdiagnosed. You can check this by using the 'demist test'. :}

Simon

steady eddie
15th January 2018, 08:07
I am waiting for some photos of the car, it was offered to me before Christmas by a colleague from our bristol depot, if the price is right it might be worth a look if not for me maybe for someone else.