PDA

View Full Version : Question about steering wheel controls for new headunit

Nockalous
16th January 2018, 04:45
Hi guys,

Got a new headunit (Sony xa-vax100) and placed it in the car, all was good and dandy however the steering wheel controls would not work even with an adaptor. This is mainly due to the fact the car connectors were already in ISO and the adapter was designed for the previously used BMW connector. My question is does anyone know how to keep the steering wheel controls because currently I do not have any controls at all as I can't find an adaptor for the ISO plug. At first without the controls it was fine now it's just annoying.

Thanks heaps for the help

(Sorry if this has been posted before couldn't find another thread)

championdaddy
16th January 2018, 19:19
Do you have the little Blue LED in the top of the stereo gap when you took the eyebrow off ?

If you did..... you may need to hard wire the stereo in.....like Im going to do to mine next week.

Can't really advise as to which wires from the stereo you need to connect...... but the swc ones in the car are behind the stereo...... in a black sheath connected to a black box...... inside are 3 wires....... I think you cut all 3 and tape up the green one.....connect the others.