PDA

View Full Version : Webasto FBH?

Comfortably Numb
16th January 2018, 23:31
There is a thread on here about servicing your FBH. As the owner of a diesel day van, and nearly fainted at the price of a new Webasto heater, am I right in thinking that the FBH was a factory-fitted option on these cars, and could therefore be rescued from a scrapper? Where in the engine bay(or elsewhere) would I look for it, and are they only a diesel option (so no good checking out petrol engined scrappers?)

Coups
17th January 2018, 07:16
There is a thread on here about servicing your FBH. As the owner of a diesel day van, and nearly fainted at the price of a new Webasto heater, am I right in thinking that the FBH was a factory-fitted option on these cars, and could therefore be rescued from a scrapper? Where in the engine bay(or elsewhere) would I look for it, and are they only a diesel option (so no good checking out petrol engined scrappers?)

Hi Andrew.
You’re right in what you’re saying. The Webasto FBH was an option on the diesel cars only and more common on the earlier ones. You may well be able to source one from a scrapper or one of the traders on here. They do pop up for sale with some regularity on the for sale pages on this forum.

I’ve no experience of fitting one to any other vehicle but I’d imagine the mechanics of it are the same in which case you’ll need the dosing pump to feed the heater. The pump is located on a bracket under the car just to the front of the rear offside wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macafee2
17th January 2018, 08:39
the webasto (FBH) is fitted just in front of the battery. you will need the webasto, exhaust and dozing pump. For our cars they are only diesels.
I fitted one to my 75, fairly easy. It is plug and play in a 75, sorry as retro fit to another vehicle I'd have no idea.
if cheap enough from scrap yard and it probably will be even if it does not work, repairing it should not make it expensive

macafee2

HarryM1BYT
17th January 2018, 08:43
Many of the 75's FBH's found in scrap yards will be faulty, but usually it will be the PCB which has failed. There were two versions of the FBH on the 75, the later one is more prone to PCB failure. It was only fitted to the diesel and much more common on the early ones (it might have even been a standard fit), much less common on the later cars because it was an expensive option. Both had the FBH mounted in exactly the same location, by the front N/S inner wing, with the flue going through a hole in the engine under panel.

Installing in a none Rover might or might not be difficult, it fits in the smaller pipe of the heater circuit. The wiring couldn't be easier, it would need a ground, permanent 20amp feed, then it needs a on/off control switch. One version of the FBH needs to be switched by connecting the control to +ve, the other to ground.

You MUST use the correct dosing pump, it is not a normal rotary pump, but a solenoid operated metering pump.

Comfortably Numb
18th January 2018, 00:20
Thanks all, a great response, as always. Next question, does anyone have one to sell? (Not for my CDT, but for my Mitsubishi Delica?http://cdn6.bigcommerce.com/s-0bd7v3l/products/224/images/1379/p1020090_800x450___96167.1416452360.513.513.jpg?c= 2

Coups
18th January 2018, 10:08
Thanks all, a great response, as always. Next question, does anyone have one to sell? (Not for my CDT, but for my Mitsubishi Delica?http://cdn6.bigcommerce.com/s-0bd7v3l/products/224/images/1379/p1020090_800x450___96167.1416452360.513.513.jpg?c= 2

Member Mickyboy has a complete set up for sale at the moment for £60 plus postage. His advert is in the for sale section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk