PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard light on for mileage area

magicsbaby
19th January 2018, 11:52
Hi,

Something odd has happened this last few days, the light for the area on the 75 that shows the mileage etc is permanently on all the time. So when locked you can view this information all the time. As I lock the red light next to it flashes really fast.

Any ideas, as I have no idea what to do about it, or what this might be.

Thanks

Mickyboy
19th January 2018, 12:09
Drop MarinaBrian a message he will probably know, I’ll hazard a guess at LSM issue or IPK at fault
Mick

neilll
19th January 2018, 13:08
Try a battery reset 20/30 mins!
Neil

magicsbaby
19th January 2018, 13:33
Drop MarinaBrian a message he will probably know, I’ll hazard a guess at LSM issue or IPK at fault
Mick

What are they? How are they solved

magicsbaby
19th January 2018, 13:34
Try a battery reset 20/30 mins!
Neil

Thanks will try this when other half home later

Mickyboy
19th January 2018, 14:13
What are they? How are they solved

IPK is the instrument pack cluster (speedo) and the LSM is light switch module, I have known the light switch modules to become corroded at the terminal pins and cause all sorts of oddities, you may wonder why I’m saying to check the LSM as obviously the LSM controls the lighting i.e. headlights, tail lights et cetera, however the LSM also holds the mileage.
The LSM is retained by three screws to either side and one at the back underneath, you will have to remove the trim pad area near your shins to be able to remove and and check the plug on the LSM
Mick:cool:

T-Cut
20th January 2018, 09:06
I’ll hazard a guess at LSM issue or IPK at fault

What are they?

This might be worth a read. It'll help you to translate the forum speak.

Click: https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=53394

TC

stocktake
20th January 2018, 09:13
Battery off for 30 mins sorted mine, make sure you have radio codes and follow sat nav shut down procedure if you have the original sat nav installed

dbt01
20th January 2018, 12:38
Battery off for 30 mins sorted mine, make sure you have radio codes and follow sat nav shut down procedure if you have the original sat nav installed
Exactly the same for me. Cured it and it never returned.
Do make sure your battery is well charged though, or it may well return. All kind of odd things can happen when battery voltage drops significantly below the 12.4.