PDA

View Full Version : V6 Ztt won't fire up

Cable Tie
20th January 2018, 14:56
Just picked up a v6-190 Ztt no keys but doors open changed the ecu,ews,and key and barrel but still won't fire up have I missed something the fuel pump sounds as if it's working any advice would be good thanks in advance

SD1too
20th January 2018, 18:28
What about FFS (Fuel Filter Syndrome) Matt? ;)

Simon

marinabrian
20th January 2018, 19:44
Just picked up a v6-190 Ztt no keys but doors open changed the ecu,ews,and key and barrel but still won't fire up have I missed something the fuel pump sounds as if it's working any advice would be good thanks in advance

Any idea if the EWS, transponder and EMS2000 were from a 190 Matt? failing that, send me the original EWS and I'll programme a transponder for you ;)

Brian :D

Cable Tie
20th January 2018, 21:21
Yes from a same year 190 both ecu s have same numbers really strange ok Brian I'll try more fuel tomorrow and let you know the outcome thanks guys

SD1too
21st January 2018, 07:48
... I'll try more fuel tomorrow ..
It's not a question of insufficient fuel Matt (you're thinking of the diesels' problem). You need to check that the two halves of the fuel filter are absolutely tight and whether the orange clip has been fitted. If the filter has loosened, even slightly, fuel pressure will be low and the engine won't start.

However, MarinaBrian will be able to tell you whether your replacement ECUs need 'programming' to match your car.

Simon

marinabrian
21st January 2018, 13:37
Yes from a same year 190 both ecu s have same numbers really strange ok Brian I'll try more fuel tomorrow and let you know the outcome thanks guys

Same numbers as in NNN000170 Matt, what were the NNW (tune assembly numbers) on the white label bearing the VIN?

Brian :D

frankson
21st January 2018, 15:11
Probably a long shot but check fuse no3 (15amp, camshaft and oxygen sensors) in the engine compartment fusebox. It fooled me once, it appeared that one of the oxygen sensor wires had shorted on the exhaust heatshield. It's something simple to rule out if nothing else!:D

SCP440
21st January 2018, 17:32
Give it a squirt of easy start, if it tries to start you will know it is fuel or spark.