PDA

View Full Version : Open door warning light

mbev51
20th January 2018, 15:25
Began to flash, then came on full time, then finally went off. This was on a journey of 130 miles. For a year or two I have had no bonnet open switch fitted, could it be the plug connector touching something? On the journey I pulled into some services and opened and closed all the doors, the warning light was still on when I drove away. If it was on at mot time would that be a failure? Actually it's going in for mot next week. What could be causing it?

dave lincs
20th January 2018, 16:51
possibly cold and damp in one of the lock motors ive had a few do this at this time of year

goltho
20th January 2018, 18:36
possibly cold and damp in one of the lock motors ive had a few do this at this time of year

I collected my first 75 this afternoon :D and had this happen to me at or around 70mph. I thought it was a speed limit warning at first! :eek: It mostly happens when I'm accelerating - when I let go of the gas, it disappears. It was indeed cold and very wet. Cheers.

suzublu
20th January 2018, 18:39
I collected my first 75 this afternoon :D and had this happen to me at or around 70mph. I thought it was a speed limit warning at first! :eek: It mostly happens when I'm accelerating - when I let go of the gas, it disappears. It was indeed cold and very wet. Cheers.

That'll be the bonnet switch;) Take it to Dave, he'll sort you out:bowdown:

dave lincs
20th January 2018, 18:55

That will possibly be the bonnet no latching on both sides, bring it over I will sort it for you :D

goltho
22nd January 2018, 01:48
That will possibly be the bonnet no latching on both sides, bring it over I will sort it for you :D

Right, it's happening. :D When are you about? I'm only over in Wragby.

goltho
22nd January 2018, 16:13
Had a look this afternoon. The bonnet switch was half-broken and disconnected so that was a little clue. I connected it and the warning light is now staying on, confirming my sleuth-like deductions. I've therefore ordered another off fleaBay for a fiver which should hopefully straighten me out.

Dougie.

goltho
29th January 2018, 21:24
I fitted the new bonnet switch yesterday and the warning light has not reappeared since. The weather however has turned generally drier and milder so I'll give it a few days before declaring the issue resolved. ;)

Dougie.

goltho
1st February 2018, 09:42
Official declaration - issue resolved. :D