PDA

View Full Version : VIN/specs question

goltho
20th January 2018, 15:47
Greetings. Baby's first post after bringing home my new 75 this afternoon.:} Always wanted one, had a bad week, decided I deserved a treat, found a FSH 2005 2.0 Conn CDT SE at a reputable and flexible dealer not too far away, did the deal, and brought 'er home.:D I've spent the last 2 days poring over many threads here becoming familiar with the highs and lows of the model and seeing what's possible in terms of mods etc. so I appreciate the forum already.

I've tried to access the spec-check at mg-rover.info but it doesn't seem to like my VIN. Is this a known issue or indeed is there a better site for car-specific specs? I'm puzzled that despite having digital climate control & heated seats, I don't appear to have air con which almost made me re-think the deal (I got over it though). I knew the car didn't have cruise beforehand and have already found three 6-pin plugs (white, blue and green) behind the walnut switch panel so I'm hopeful the loom is there when I go to install it.

So any help with a site for spec-checking the car would be muy bien. Thanks,

Dougie.

Reebs
20th January 2018, 15:51
Hi check the links in my signature to check what your cars specs are and if you Private message me your VIN, I'll look up your build data from our Database ;)

goltho
20th January 2018, 16:45
Hi check the links in my signature to check what your cars specs are and if you Private message me your VIN, I'll look up your build data from our Database ;)

Thanks for that. PMing you now. It's been your thread which I've referred to principally; my combination of missing and present items don't appear to match the car's spec though.:duh:

Dougie.

dave lincs
20th January 2018, 17:13
The car will have air con there is a button on the switchpack that says econ that's the switch to turn it off

if not sure im near louth pop over and ill have a look at it for you

goltho
22nd January 2018, 01:33
The car will have air con there is a button on the switchpack that says econ that's the switch to turn it off

if not sure im near louth pop over and ill have a look at it for you

Sorry Dave, only just seen this as my profile was (unusually) set to not receive notifications of replies. I'm actually quite a bit nearer Louth than my displayed profile town so might be good to meet up for a coffee or summat. :) Meantime, I've already been edumacated in the ways of the climate control and of course you're correct about the Econ setting. So I'm delighted I have in fact got air con!:D

Cheers.

steve-45
22nd January 2018, 03:32
Thanks for that. PMing you now. It's been your thread which I've referred to principally; my combination of missing and present items don't appear to match the car's spec though.:duh:

Dougie.

What items do you think are missing?

goltho
22nd January 2018, 07:43
What items do you think are missing?

Reebs was kind enough to check the car out and discovered it's a facelift Connoisseur SE. It appears not to have the any of the optional pack:-

Electric sunroof
Rear sunblind
Side head impact airbags
Cruise control
Auto dimming rear view mirror
Rain sensing wipers
Message Centre instrument pack including trip computer
Trafficmaster alert

although it's soon going to have cruise control. ;) Oh, and of course the best feature on the car - the rear blind. Just cos I can (and I've already got one for twenty squid). :D

Reebs
22nd January 2018, 09:14
The good thing seems to be that although your SE does not have the extra 'SE pack', the wiring for those goodies appears to be there for them :cool:

As I said, what you got in the Mark 1 Connoisseur SE as standard, they seemed to divide up in to Conn SE / and Conn SE with extra SE Pack for the facelifts :(

Anyway, happy retro fitting :}

P.S,

Here's a guide I did to retrofitting the Auto Dipping Rear View Mirror

:smilie_re: https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=1329150&postcount=3

goltho
22nd January 2018, 11:17
WILL YOU STOP IT :D Now I have to have the mirror too!! Does it come with the rain sensor?

Reebs
22nd January 2018, 11:27
Nope that's a separate thing, you'd need to replace the windscreen glass too as the rain sensor has a different 'patch' area for it to go.