PDA

View Full Version : help help

maudlawes
23rd January 2018, 09:35
other thread,car wont start,thought it was fuel pump in tank,but found out pump works but no power getting to pump via conection to pump fuse no20 is fine under dash jules advises read fault codes,im going to look at fuel cutof switch,but had no warning light to say it was that,anyone have any idea what else i can try,plebs clear oil lights comes on on dash,engine turns over,only done 90-000,have not yet tested ubp yet,really need some help here regards harry:mad:

T-Cut
23rd January 2018, 10:41
The fuel pumps relay? (R5)

This is the earlier fuse board.

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/90ce/bq2s61jujzc4hjr6g.jpg

And the later board (R3):

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/2077/ymwy6pnk3nsgery6g.jpg
TC

Mike Noc
23rd January 2018, 10:51
Take it you have checked that the plenum isn't flooded? The ECM doesn't like going for a swim.

The fuel pump relay is common to both pumps and is switched on the earth side by the ECM, so if they both check out you may have a break in the wire between the two.

Does the oil light come on with key to position II like it should, and if you have an auto, is the gear display showing the correct gear or EP?

maudlawes
23rd January 2018, 15:55
the gear positiom is showing ep what does this mean thanks

minty2
23rd January 2018, 15:58
Does the oil light come on with key to position II like it should, and if you have an auto, is the gear display showing the correct gear or EP?

I had a single case of this happening just over a year ago. Engine turned but wouldn't start. I gradually persuaded it to do so but it certainly took its time. I thought fuel pump was simply starving the engine for some reason. My car has the older version so not prone to the separation problem. I also have an auto and I'm curious about the gear error 'EP' what does that signify? I occasionally get an 'Err' on my odometer reading. The non-starting issue never returned thankfully.

suzublu
23rd January 2018, 16:09
the gear positiom is showing ep what does this mean thanks

EP is emergency Program & a gearbox problem:o Are the footwells dry:shrug: The gearbox ecu thingy is under the passenger carpet.:cool:

marinabrian
23rd January 2018, 17:31
Your ECM is wet, and the canbus processor is now sadly defunct :(

You won't have an oil pressure warning lamp on ignition position 2.

I can take a look at it for you, depending on type either NNN100720, or NNN500340 I will be able to repair this usually.

If not I carry service exchange units on the shelf for a quick turnaround ;)

Brian :D

COLVERT
23rd January 2018, 21:20
The fuel pumps relay? (R5)

This is the earlier fuse board.

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/90ce/bq2s61jujzc4hjr6g.jpg

And the later board (R3):

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/2077/ymwy6pnk3nsgery6g.jpg
TC

Hey, Mr Bergerac. You need another shot at your first pic cos somebody's nabbed it.---:eek::eek::eek:

Mike Noc
23rd January 2018, 22:33
I had a single case of this happening just over a year ago. Engine turned but wouldn't start. I gradually persuaded it to do so but it certainly took its time. I thought fuel pump was simply starving the engine for some reason. My car has the older version so not prone to the separation problem. I also have an auto and I'm curious about the gear error 'EP' what does that signify? I occasionally get an 'Err' on my odometer reading. The non-starting issue never returned thankfully.

As Brian mentioned EP on the gear display can be down to a faulty ECM. The reason the gearbox goes into the Emergency Program is that it can't communicate with the ECM.

Had this on a car I bought as a non runner and with Brian's expertise, and a very fast turnaround, a replacement ECM got it back on the road. :bowdown:

As to the occaisional Err, this can just be a glitch in the software on cars of a certain age. Our 2002 diesel does it every now and again.

If it is constant then it can mean a mileage mismatch between the IPK and LSM.

marinabrian
29th January 2018, 11:33
The last new processor in captivity has been fitted to Harry's ECM, followed by a test drive to Middlesbrough and back, plus a little running around yesterday, and I'm happy with it.

All parcelled up and ready to head back southward and fit back to his tourer, don't you just love a happy ending :cool:

Number 6
29th January 2018, 11:52
The last new processor in captivity has been fitted to Harry's ECM, followed by a test drive to Middlesbrough and back, plus a little running around yesterday, and I'm happy with it.

All parcelled up and ready to head back southward and fit back to his tourer, don't you just love a happy ending :cool:

Well done that man :bowdown::bowdown: