PDA

View Full Version : Key immobiliser chip

rovervitesse
28th January 2018, 20:31
Two questions:
Can a used second hand chip from another 75 be programmed to the car with TOAF?
And if not, where can I buy a new virgin chip?

Atcchus
28th January 2018, 21:02
Two questions:
Can a used second hand chip from another 75 be programmed to the car with TOAF?
And if not, where can I buy a new virgin chip?

Don’t think you can program a immobiliser with TOAF , contact Marinabrian he may be able to code you a immobiliser. You have to send your EWS to Brian

rovervitesse
28th January 2018, 21:07
Don’t think you can program a immobiliser with TOAF , contact Marinabrian he may be able to code you a immobiliser. You have to send your EWS to Brian

I know he can do it, but I want to know for sure whether a used one from another car can be re-programmed with TOAF.

marinabrian
28th January 2018, 21:13
Used transponders cannot be reprogrammed, end of story.

When BMW programmed the originals, the security fuse is "blown" meaning the transponder cannot have it's fixed coding and VIN changed.

And you can't programme new transponders with either T4 or TOAF, you need other equipment to do that ;)

Brian :D

Phil-T4
28th January 2018, 21:14
No a used one can't be re-programmed and toaf can't program a new one either.

rovervitesse
28th January 2018, 22:32
Thank you both for the definitive answer.

Brian - are you able to clone a second key from a perfectly functioning one? Remote and immobiliser? Or do you need the EWS?

BigRuss
28th January 2018, 23:00
You can't clone the remote, it is possible to clone the transponder but it can cause problems eventually the rolling code will go out of sync with the other key and one will stop working ;)
Timpson's fell foul of this year's ago which is one of the reasons they won't have anything to do with our keys, it ended up costing them thousands.

Russ

Mike Noc
29th January 2018, 08:26

Brian - are you able to clone a second key from a perfectly functioning one? Remote and immobiliser? Or do you need the EWS?

All you need to know about replacing a key courtesy of Brian. :}

key service, and prices

Subscribed members

The options are

1. Supply key complete with new transponder, blank key & new casing, refurbished remote PCB coded to unlock, lock and start the car £70

2. Supply key as above but without remote facility, but starts the car
£60

3. Send your EWS immobiliser unit to me, I will program a new transponder to work with your EWS unit, I will then post it back to you, and you can supply your own key blank, and fit the transponder to the casing.
£45

Registered users

Add on £10 to the above price list, so to qualify for the discounted members prices, simply pay your subs, and enjoy the other benefits membership brings .

For options 1 & 2, you will have to bring the car to me, the operation takes roughly 1 Hour, and you'll get a cuppa & a biscuit whilst I do the job, also whilst I have T4 hooked up, any dealer options you may wish to have enabled or disabled can be carried out free of charge.

If you have bought a second hand key, I may also be able to utilise the remote locking PCB, so you would pay for option 2, but receive the option 1 service, or indeed if you wish to code your own remote PCB to the car, take a look HERE (http://forums.mg-rover.org/8367481-post1.html)

I'm currently unable to cut the key blanks to match your existing key, however most reputable locksmiths can carry this out for you, budget between £5 and £10 for this.

I would like to point out that these keys, which ever option you decide to choose, are NOT CLONES, and won't "fall out of sync" with your cars immobiliser they will behave in exactly the same manner as if you had paid over £180 from the dealer, with the exception that you have to get the keyblade cut

For regions such as Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, and Lancashire, contact BigRuss (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=1792).
For the Home Counties, and South East contact Phil-T4 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=14661)
For Portsmouth and the South Coastal regions cb750chris (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=14945) is your man.

Now all of these people are sterling chaps, and I'm sure will be more than happy to assist.

marinabrian
29th January 2018, 09:13

You need the EWS to programme a transponder, and the BCU to programme the remote..........however you have TOAF so could programme your own remote easily enough ;)

Brian :D