PDA

View Full Version : Auto Gearbox Cooler Union Question

Alanbp
29th January 2018, 12:45
I had the "lovely" job at the weekend of removing the Matrix on my 75 CDT Auto to flush it out. Usual cool on the passenger side issue.

Anyway as I was draining the coolant via the lower hose clip, I noticed that there was a slightly oily deposit around the cooler assembly, ie slight drips underneath, although more "damp" than leaking profusely. After finishing the coolant stuff, I ran through the usual check on gearbox oil level- expecting it to be low , but in fact some dribbled out, so can only assume that the leak if at all is minimal.

Has anyone else had leakage at the cooler hose unions? Its the one more or less directly in the middle of the car that is the issue- the other is dry as a bone!

Cheers

first-things-first
29th January 2018, 18:14
I got this when I replaced my ATF fluid and took the cooler union off to do a full flush. Looks like this?

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=48911&d=1432116212

never lost any fluid. Just looked like "sweating" to me. Looks OK now. I could smell a little ATF before, but not now.

It's been over 2.5 years since the change.