PDA

View Full Version : MG-ZT 190 V6 Clutch Fitter - Nr. Reading

lordlucas79
30th January 2018, 17:12
Hello everyone,

I need some advice if anyone can help please... my clutch has been confirmed by my local mechanic that it is gone, pedal to the floor, it does come up and works for a bit but it feels like its grinding!
He said he was NOT the man for this job! (nice and honest!)

So, I called 'Mr Clutch' earlier & they quoted just under £1150!
This gets me a clutch, master and flywheel with labour as well.

Is this price ridiculous or pretty standard for a ZT? I have the most basic of mechanic skills but even to me it seemed a fair chunk of cash!

Could anyone help point me towards a better priced mechanic or garage based near as possible to Reading, Berkshire?

I wish matey had told me to get a cuppa and take a seat before he delivered that news!

Thanks anyone who might be able to help a poorly MG!

CHEERS

Bradley

another_clean_sheet
30th January 2018, 18:18
A couple of weeks ago there were posts re Mr Clutch and everyone says DO NOT touch him.
General view is that you will not need a new DMF - Andy Willi has changed hundreds with only a few failures.
Not sure if Phil T4 does them as he is not too far away from you at Milton Keynes.

MSS
30th January 2018, 19:04
Try member Shiner. He is in your area.

another_clean_sheet
30th January 2018, 19:07
Try member Shiner. He is in your area.

I know he has a good reputation but I was not sure what he did on 75/ZTs

Rev Jules
30th January 2018, 20:44
Can recommend Andy knows these cars inside out, don't know if he does clutches though, you can only ask.

Rev

tantallon
31st January 2018, 00:28
Mods
There seems to be a deleted post from Marina Brian .Can you please explain why this has been removed

Stickman
31st January 2018, 00:41
I know he has a good reputation but I was not sure what he did on 75/ZTs
I can also vouch for Andy (shiner) he’s extremely good with anything on your car
But also a very busy guy
You can only ask mate-send him a pm
Regards
Chris

tantallon
31st January 2018, 01:02
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods
There seems to be a deleted post from Marina Brian .Can you please explain why this has been removed

Simondi
31st January 2018, 06:45
Sorry for not responding at either 0128 or 0202;)
Brian has deleted the post himself, no mod involvement to the best of my knowledge

lordlucas79
31st January 2018, 12:22
Thanks everyone for your help, I have sent Shiner/Andy an email to ask his advice.
Really appreciate the quick replies, help and advice as always, true gents all round! :)

Bradley