PDA

View Full Version : Noise from the heater matrix area?

Supervinnie40
31st January 2018, 18:08
Hi everybody,

When I drive my car to work, I drive for roughly 20 to 30 minutes. When I leave house the engine is cold obviously and the blower is on a very low setting. When the engine gets warmer, the blower blows faster to heat up the interior. But after roughly 15 to 20 minutes the air switches to colder air again. (possible to prevent it from getting to warm?)
When this happens, I hear all kinds of flaps moving in the dashboard behing the mid-center (where the AC panel is). It doens't make 1 or 2 flapping noises, it does this for a few minutes. Sounding like its trying to find a certain setting?
After a while it stops.

Is this normal? Is this something I can/should fix?

Supervinnie40
5th February 2018, 05:12
I was slightly hoping there was an answer to this.

first-things-first
5th February 2018, 10:08
Not had this on mine. It will get cooler as the desired temperature is achieved, but not making lots of noises as flaps keep adjusting.

Have you tried a diagnostic on the ATC panel?

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=162975

Unless you do as the instructions say, you will most likely get errors 21 and 22.

COLVERT
5th February 2018, 10:23
It could be a problem with the circuit boards that control the internal heater flaps.

Or maybe the signal from the temperature sensor is not continuous due to a poor connection or failing sensor.

Supervinnie40
5th February 2018, 19:43
Not had this on mine. It will get cooler as the desired temperature is achieved, but not making lots of noises as flaps keep adjusting.

Have you tried a diagnostic on the ATC panel?

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=162975

Unless you do as the instructions say, you will most likely get errors 21 and 22.
Interesting :O Something to try tomorrow.

It could be a problem with the circuit boards that control the internal heater flaps.

Or maybe the signal from the temperature sensor is not continuous due to a poor connection or failing sensor.

It does sound like flaps moving around. Would the flaps keep moving for some reason at a certain point? They only do it after roughly 20 orso minutes (a good 15 minutes after the engine is warm enough to start heating the interior)