PDA

View Full Version : Is there aux socket wiring on a MKII?

macafee2
1st February 2018, 14:01
I have a Facelift 75. Fuse 5 and 6 in the passenger foot well show as accessories.
The two fuses are missing but there have power, 5 I think all the time and 6 is ignition switched.

Where would the other end of the wiring be for me to connect to? Behind the ashtray? What am I looking for?

macafee2

steve-45
1st February 2018, 14:29
On my MK2, I found an ignition switch empty fuse position for the cubby hole torch supply and a permanent live for the power socket.

I got some piggy back fuse holders and just plugged them into the fuse box (behind the glove box).

The two positions I used only had power running to one end of the fuse box - other end had no contact in it, the piggy back holders plugged straight in and gave you a wire tail to connect your wiring to.

macafee2
1st February 2018, 14:51
cheers. I've used a piggy back in 6. I see you say other end has no contact, agh so no wiring :)
I wonder how hard to connect into the back of the fuse box and do a proper job?

Have also marked up my owners manual and labelled the cable I've run in.

This has been a good exercise as I may have a spare wire running up to my centre light that can be switched as well for use with dash cam

macafee2

steve-45
1st February 2018, 17:50
The end you can see supplies the power, if you plug one end of the “piggyback “ connector into it so that the power flows through the fuse you don’t need to connect anymore wires into the fusebox.

Hope that makes sense

macafee2
1st February 2018, 18:29
The end you can see supplies the power, if you plug one end of the “piggyback “ connector into it so that the power flows through the fuse you don’t need to connect anymore wires into the fusebox.

Hope that makes sense

yes it does and that is what I have done but it would be a more professional job if the wires were properly terminated into the fuse box.

macafee2

steve-45
1st February 2018, 21:58
I think I read somewhere that you can retro fit the missing terminals into the fuse box, but it would probably mean the removal of the fusebox from the car for fitting.