PDA

View Full Version : Engine cut out problems

tintin
3rd February 2018, 19:30
Good evening all,
Have got a problem with my zt-t diesel, it has cut out 3 times now (whilst accelerating and stationary at a junction)! The car has started again usually after the 2nd attempt and has been ok until the next time.
It is now parked on the drive and won't be moving for fear of being stranded!

I have checked a few obvious things like the battery terminals and easy to reach connectors but everything seems ok.

The last time it cut out the engine management light together with the oil light were flashing intermittently with the associated clicking noise from the ECM behind the glovebox. (Oil level is fine)?

The car has got fitted one of these tune up boxes connected to the MAF! I will disconnect this and return the car to standard before I do anything else, But can anyone help as to where to start looking and any common or possible causes ??

Many Thanks,
Tintin

marinabrian
3rd February 2018, 19:44
Good evening all,
Have got a problem with my zt-t diesel, it has cut out 3 times now (whilst accelerating and stationary at a junction)! The car has started again usually after the 2nd attempt and has been ok until the next time.
It is now parked on the drive and won't be moving for fear of being stranded!

I have checked a few obvious things like the battery terminals and easy to reach connectors but everything seems ok.

The last time it cut out the engine management light together with the oil light were flashing intermittently with the associated clicking noise from the ECM behind the glovebox. (Oil level is fine)?

The car has got fitted one of these tune up boxes connected to the MAF! I will disconnect this and return the car to standard before I do anything else, But can anyone help as to where to start looking and any common or possible causes ??

Many Thanks,
Tintin

Your CANBUS processor has bought the farm :(

The ECM is or has been wet, and requires repair, the oil lamp flickering is a classic sign, especially when you associate it with the fuel pump relay chattering in the passenger compartment fusebox.

Drop me a PM if you need it fixing ;)

Brian :D

trikey
3rd February 2018, 20:11

Simples :D:bowdown:

tintin
3rd February 2018, 20:26
Thanks for the quick replies, I will be in touch shortly
T

Comfortably Numb
3rd February 2018, 23:35
Have you tried simply disconnecting the MAF sensor? It stopped mine cutting out and jerking, randomly at times, although it was not accompanied by ANYclicking or dashboard lights. New MAF sensor has sorted mine. However, Brian knows so much about these, he's probably certain about your symptoms.

tintin
16th March 2018, 00:00
Many thanks to big Russ and marina Brian for the help, all sorted out now.
T

slovcan
16th March 2018, 10:58
Many thanks to big Russ and marina Brian for the help, all sorted out now.
T

And what was the cause? ECU?

Mike Noc
16th March 2018, 11:50
My money is on Brian's earlier diagnosis;

Your CANBUS processor has bought the farm :(

The ECM is or has been wet, and requires repair, the oil lamp flickering is a classic sign, especially when you associate it with the fuel pump relay chattering in the passenger compartment fusebox.

Arctic
17th March 2018, 00:37
HI Mr D tintin.
The car has got fitted one of these tune up boxes connected to the MAF! I will disconnect this and return the car to standard before I do anything else

I hope when you disconnected the above tuner it was not replaced after you got the car sorted, I am sure advise was given to not to ;)

tintin
18th March 2018, 08:49
Hello
The plenum chamber was full of water and had just reached the level of the ECU hence the problems. Brian's diagnosis was spot on as was big Russ s.
All sorted now though.

Arctic
18th March 2018, 10:57
Hello
The plenum chamber was full of water and had just reached the level of the ECU hence the problems. Brian's diagnosis was spot on as was big Russ s.
All sorted now though.

Great news hopefully you have been pointed to the direction of this link below for the future.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=125864