PDA

View Full Version : Bloomin wipers

minimutly
3rd February 2018, 22:59
Fitted a pair of new wipers (valeo) about a month or two ago, which were a great improvement over the old ones (they were generally poor, rattly on the screen, leaving patches behind' but the were old).
Anyway, two months later and these new ones have gone "hard", symptoms similar to the old ones. This isn't something I'd expect, so I'm wondering - is this a wiper or washer fluid issue? In my washer fluid causing this?
The squeeking, rattling and patchy missed bits is winding me up!

Mgaz
3rd February 2018, 23:40
Fitted a pair of new wipers (valeo) about a month or two ago, which were a great improvement over the old ones (they were generally poor, rattly on the screen, leaving patches behind' but the were old).
Anyway, two months later and these new ones have gone "hard", symptoms similar to the old ones. This isn't something I'd expect, so I'm wondering - is this a wiper or washer fluid issue? In my washer fluid causing this?

got a pair of Bosch aero style wipers on my new zt . Seem pretty good, but do smear a little sometimes. Could just use a clean maybe. I think vinegar I've heard some people use?

Don't know how long these Bosch ones have been on the car, as they were on it when i bought it.

I've had no end of disappointment with wipers on my audis . They either don't wipe property or they squeak a lot.

rrobson
4th February 2018, 07:50
I got some Michelin wipers from Costco months ago and they've been great. Going to get another set for my 75 when I'm there next

Canonite
4th February 2018, 07:54
Stick with the Bosch SP22 ones

mo12
4th February 2018, 08:43
I found that some de-icers can make the wipers go hard.

rustymotor
4th February 2018, 08:46
Someone posted give blade tips a wipe with white vinegar though, never tried it. :}

Rogue
4th February 2018, 08:57
Someone posted give blade tips a wipe with white vinegar though, never tried it. :}

Yup... White vinegar works a treat... Just put some on a rag and clean the blade with it and nice smear free wipes :)

kelvo
4th February 2018, 09:05

Are they the old fashioned type or the new aero type - I've got a set of Valeo aero on my new car and think they are suffering the same so will be replacing them, don't know how old they are.

got a pair of Bosch aero style wipers on my new zt . Seem pretty good, but do smear a little sometimes. Could just use a clean maybe. I think vinegar I've heard some people use?

Don't know how long these Bosch ones have been on the car, as they were on it when i bought it.

I've had no end of disappointment with wipers on my audis . They either don't wipe property or they squeak a lot.

I put the Bosch ones that that car a few years back now and they have lasted well. I've ordered a new set for my new 'frosty'

Having tried aero blades I certainly wouldn't go back to the old fashioned frame type, think I must have tried all sorts of different types over the years and always end up with smearing or blade judder no matter how clean the screen was or what screen wash I used.

Important thing I found as well is to clean the screen every so often with a cream cleaner - you can get proper cleaner in Halfords , or you can you something non abrasive like Cif. I also tend to avoid letting any wash n wax shampoo get on the wiped area of the screen when I wash the car and quickly leather it off when I've rinsed the car.

dbt01
4th February 2018, 09:27
Bosch AeroTwin are excellent I think and last ages. Their construction means they are unlikely (impossible?) to scratch the screen if one ever fails. Got them on all 4 of my 75's.

minimutly
4th February 2018, 17:18
I found that some de-icers can make the wipers go hard.

Given that mine have gone hard in less than two months this is what I think has happened..