PDA

View Full Version : Leaking window

pugcrew
4th February 2018, 21:10
I have traced a water leak to the rear side window on my tourer.

I would prefer to remove the rubber seal and refit with or without some extra sealant. I also think I have read somewhere that there are some clips under the seal which tend to leak which I may seal as well.

Has anyone done anything like this before or at least got any ideas on how I might go about this?

I have read that some people have used Captain Tollys Creeping Crack Seal which would be my Plan B if I can't do this but from what I can see from the outside I suspect that the gap I have got is going to be too large for it to work.

drewbie
4th February 2018, 23:01
Cant advise on removing seal but can recommend Captain Tollys, I had a bad leak into the boot thru the rear screen, everything must be dry and it my take a few applications but the repair has been good for a few years now.

pugcrew
5th February 2018, 17:58
Cant advise on removing seal but can recommend Captain Tollys, I had a bad leak into the boot thru the rear screen, everything must be dry and it my take a few applications but the repair has been good for a few years now.

Thanks for the response. One of the reasons I want to take the approach I outlined is that as my car is not garaged it will be a long time before we get any decent weather for everything to fully dry out.