PDA

View Full Version : Best handbrake shoes?

Richard1973
5th February 2018, 17:49
I know this topic has probable been done to death, but what are the best handbrake shoes to buy in terms of fitment?
I have bought Pagid before when I did my discs last time, but found they needed a fair amount of filing to get them to fit and the disc go on.
Been looking for some Unipart ones, but cannot find any at the moment. Any other recommendations?

I ended up using both pairs in the box and now my original off side set is coming away from the backing, and the backplate is about shot. I will be changing the backplate and the shoes together.

Number 6
5th February 2018, 17:53
I know this topic has probable been done to death, but what are the best handbrake shoes to buy in terms of fitment?
I have bought Pagid before when I did my discs last time, but found they needed a fair amount of filing to get them to fit and the disc go on.
Been looking for some Unipart ones, but cannot find any at the moment. Any other recommendations?

I ended up using both pairs in the box and now my original off side set is coming away from the backing, and the backplate is about shot. I will be changing the backplate and the shoes together.

There was a post on here a very short while ago (Days) where some one (a company) was selling New Back plates complete with brake shoes,adjusters and H/B expander fitting.

sorry but at the moment cant find the posting...some one will I am sure.

David Lawrence
5th February 2018, 18:25
There was a post on here a very short while ago (Days) where some one (a company) was selling New Back plates complete with brake shoes,adjusters and H/B expander fitting.

sorry but at the moment cant find the posting...some one will I am sure.

Think it was Matt at DMGRS

solarsailor
5th February 2018, 19:36
https://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/brake-discs-and-pads/products/r75-mg-zt-rear-brake-disc-backplates-shoes-and-adjuster-kit-smf100201-smf100211-sfs100190-sxs100000-smn100290-smn000140

ceedy
6th February 2018, 09:47
The diameter of aftermarket shoes seems to vary .. so you may never gt full contact until well worn in ..and having tried a few differing makes over the years , I've come to conclusion that TRW seem to be the best ..

And I believe they made the original Fitments ?? .

But my Hand brake has always been a many clicker:duh: but is the best its ever been with the TRW 's (and yes a compensator is fitted ;))

C.

Richard1973
7th February 2018, 20:52
Thanks for the replies. I have seen the listing on DMGRS for the full kits, but I have already replaced the N/S back plate. A quick look on ebay reveals plenty of TRW shoes available for reasonable prices.

It would be nice to have the luxury of waiting for warmer weather, but I am now getting occasional scraping noises, so definately a case of sooner rather than later!