PDA

View Full Version : Climate control sensor thingy

Daveluck
6th February 2018, 11:50
Is there a history of noisy climate control sensors?

There is a definite fan type whine from the region of the cabin sensor which is quite loud?

Is that normal?

Cheers

Dave

first-things-first
6th February 2018, 14:01
There is usually a small fan to draw air in over the sensor for climate systems. Probably there for our systems.

Could it be fluff around the fan blades? If you can get the sensor and fan assembly out, might just need a blow off (fnarrr) or vacuum?

T-Cut
6th February 2018, 21:40
Is there a history of noisy climate control sensors?

Sensors never make sound.

There is a definite fan type whine from the region of the cabin sensor which is quite loud?

Which sensor do you mean? There's a pyramid shaped sunlight sensor near the windscreen. This is totally passive. And there's a little air intake on the dash behind the steering wheel that directs cabin air to the interior temperature sensor. There's no fan or motor directly fitted to that. The air is inducted by the venturi effect from normal aircon flow.

Is that normal?
The aircon/heating system shouldn't produce anything you'd call noisy.
Maybe there's a dried leaf stuck in the main fan housing?

TC

Daveluck
6th February 2018, 21:53
Sensors never make sound.

Which sensor do you mean? There's a pyramid shaped sunlight sensor near the windscreen. This is totally passive. And there's a little air intake on the dash behind the steering wheel that directs cabin air to the interior temperature sensor. There's no fan or motor directly fitted to that. The air is inducted by the venturi effect from normal aircon flow.

The aircon/heating system shouldn't produce anything you'd call noisy.
Maybe there's a dried leaf stuck in the main fan housing?

TC

Thanks TC.

I was talking about the air intake on the dash.

Definitely not a leaf as its more a whine. It is there with the ATC turned off.

Mmmmmmm...I wondering if this is my new not so whisper quiet ubp I purchased from DMGRS.:shrug:

More investigation needed...