PDA

View Full Version : Alarm centre operation?

minimutly
9th February 2018, 15:17
Hi, locked the zt in town this afternoon as usual with the fob. 10 minutes later, a tractor or something similar went by and the alarm went off. I'm not sure if this was co-incidence or not. I ran out (i was having my bi annual haircut), unlocked and locked it to stop the alarm, but got a "blip" from the horn as I did it.
A quick check on the doors revealed all closed normally, but the door open indication stayed on.
Nothing to do but carry on cutting, shure enough it went off again.
This time I checked bonnet, boot as well as all the doors, still the indication was on (red car symbol on the dash).
So, I drove home normally, and within a mile or so, as I went around a bend it went off, came on again, then went off, and now refuses to come on again unless I open a door.
Does anyone know where to look for this?

suzublu
9th February 2018, 15:28
Bonnet switch faulty, probably got water in it:cool:

minimutly
9th February 2018, 21:21
Thanks, had the bonnett switch play up before, usually comes on at speed, this is different, it goes off when driving. I'm not saying its not the bonnet, just that its different.
Thanks for replying.

T-Cut
10th February 2018, 14:50
had the bonnet switch play up before, usually comes on at speed, this is different, it goes off when driving. I'm not saying its not the bonnet, just that its different.

Bonnet switch activates (closes) when wind blast slightly lifts bonnet.
Switch also activates if water shorts the switch.
Driving will dry out any water making things normal.
?

TC

minimutly
10th February 2018, 22:06
Thanks tc, will check it out tomorrow, anyone know if this can be checked using the dashboard?

minimutly
11th February 2018, 10:07
Just refreshed my knowledge of the diagnostic system, (thanks tcut), it seems this doesn't show door/boot/bonnet open, so will have to do this the hard way.
Edit - in the mean time, can I lock the car without setting the alarm?

suzublu
11th February 2018, 10:52
Just lock it with the key:cool:

Mike Noc
11th February 2018, 21:38
Edit - in the mean time, can I lock the car without setting the alarm?

Leave any door open apart from the driver's door, push all the internal lock buttons down then get out and shut the door.

minimutly
14th February 2018, 21:19
Thanks for this Mike - might need it since the problem has temporarily gone away.