PDA

View Full Version : Really odd question regarding SmartNav

neilbaker86
10th February 2018, 18:56
A couple of weeks ago I was sat in my 05 ZT (with the ignition on position II), whilst I was fiddling with the settings on my radio (with the sound turned down). I noticed in the background a faint dialing tone, the type you get when a phone number has not been recognised.

I just assumed this was coming from a neighbouring property on loudspeaker.

However, today, whilst sat in it again, I heard the same noise, so I instantly opened the door, only the noise is not coming from outside, it's coming from inside my car.

This had me puzzled as to where this sound was coming from, but I can only assume this has something to do with the fact my car has the Smartnav option fitted.

Has the service stopped operating?, and the number the device rings no longer working? And is anyone elses doing this? You need to switch the ignition on, and sit there quietly for a couple of minutes.

If so, how can I disable the damned thing? I never use it anyway.

Edit: Just found this:
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=221672&highlight=smartnav&page=2

Looks like someone elses is doing it?

steve-45
10th February 2018, 19:05
It was working about a year ago when I pushed the button an a friends newly acquired 75.

Not sure how much the annual subscription is, it was told its about £75.00 per year.