PDA

View Full Version : Traction control power feed for another purpose?

goltho
11th February 2018, 14:23
I have the TC wiring in place behind the panel but no TC, nor will I ever have. I've fitted a twin USB socket onto the blanking plate for the missing driver's drink holder. Having found that there is an ignition supply on the unused TC circuit and after considering the current draw would be minimal, I powered the new socket with it as it was an easy option. It works for a short while™ and then stops. Ignition/engine off & on again makes no difference and it stays off for the duration of a journey. Next time I go to start the car, it works again. Rinse and repeat.

Any ideas? All constructive criticism of use of that circuit for this purpose will be listened to.:}

Dougie

KWIL
11th February 2018, 14:46
Perhaps you should look behind the console front for the LG/Slate wire that would normally feed the traction control switch and originates from Fuse 32. Non facelift situation.

goltho
11th February 2018, 15:24
Perhaps you should look behind the console front for the LG/Slate wire that would normally feed the traction control switch and originates from Fuse 32. Non facelift situation.

I don't understand your suggestion? There are only two TC wires running to/from the switch. Obviously only one is powered. By console front, do you mean the switch panel holding the heated seats/CC/rear blind etc.?

Dougie.

raykay
11th February 2018, 18:53
I don't understand your suggestion? There are only two TC wires running to/from the switch. Obviously only one is powered.

The Light Green/Slate cable should be an ignition feed from the fuse panel. The Slate/Light Green cable is connected to the ABS ECU, if you have used that cable, it may have a 'stray' feed from the ECU, causing your problem.

goltho
11th February 2018, 19:31
The Light Green/Slate cable should be an ignition feed from the fuse panel. The Slate/Light Green cable is connected to the ABS ECU, if you have used that cable, it may have a 'stray' feed from the ECU, causing your problem.

Ah, gotcha now thanks. There was only one live feed when I was checking it out but I'll check more specifically again in the morning. Thanks. :)

Dougie.