PDA

View Full Version : Breather pipe snap connectors

kaiser
11th February 2018, 15:29
Where can one get the red plastic breather pipe snap/quick connectors.?
Are they a pneumatic pipe fitting of sorts?
Mine are getting tired and breaking off lugs.
They are used all over the engine, including the oil dip stick, so I would be interested to find out what they are called, and also who would stock such items.

Salad-Dodger
11th February 2018, 15:45
Hiya. They do look like an air-line fitting. I spent my working life in the print trade and the folding machines had those fitting all over them and there were several sizes.
Best thing is to visit your local compressor/air-tool shop and take a top cover with you to show them. I would say remove the fitting but you wouldn't have much left of the fitting! once they are in, they are in! Steve

kaiser
11th February 2018, 16:22
Thanks! I have tried to see if I can find it on the net, but "air pipe" or "vacuum pipe" searches have not led me to anything that looks like it, - yet!;)

T-Cut
11th February 2018, 17:29
Anything like these? Keyword pneumatic: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xpneumatic+ho se+connectors.TRS0&_nkw=pneumatic+hose+connectors&_sacat=0

TC

Salad-Dodger
11th February 2018, 18:03
Yes, these are the same but they should be the type that would push-fit into the top cover as the red ones do on our engines. They also, of course, be of the correct size. I'm not sure if the sizes are colour coded for identification. Steve