PDA

View Full Version : key fob just completely stopped working?

Pete_901
12th February 2018, 20:09
on my 05 plate ZTT my key fob has completely just stopped working randomly. changed the battery and still the same. starts etc all fine just no central locking! I don't want to lock the car because sometimes when I lock it with the key the alarm goes off about 10 seconds later and cant seem to disable the alarm without the fob! anyone got any ideas?

my drivers door central locking also sometimes doesn't go down or up on the fob. 70% works fine and 30% of the time doesn't work.

thanks

roverbarmy
13th February 2018, 14:02
It could be the door actuator. Do you have another key to try?:shrug:

achmelvich
13th February 2018, 15:36
Hi Pete 901.
The same has just happened to me today.. I've never been able to lock the door manually since I got the car last October and have been waiting for better weather to strip the door down and check problem, but the remote lock / unlock has always worked - until today!!!
I have replaced the keyfob battery but still no joy. Have you managed to get your problem resolved?

genpk
13th February 2018, 22:18
If it’s the door lock actuator, when you press the key unlock button second time
You should see the other doors unlock.
If you have no noise or any movement then either the BCU may not be seeing it
or more likely the key circuit may have gone faulty.
I have a key that has a circuit that’s faulty, lights up and appears to be working but no matter how many times I’ve tried to code it to my car it just won’t operate anything .
Think it has lost its frequency.
There are a couple of expert posters here who can give you a more definitive answer than I as to why this happens !!!

hpold
14th February 2018, 16:31
on my 05 plate ZTT my key fob has completely just stopped working randomly. changed the battery and still the same. starts etc all fine just no central locking! I don't want to lock the car because sometimes when I lock it with the key the alarm goes off about 10 seconds later and cant seem to disable the alarm without the fob! anyone got any ideas?

my drivers door central locking also sometimes doesn't go down or up on the fob. 70% works fine and 30% of the time doesn't work.

thanks
Give Big Russ a blast he can sort it out for you . Great guy like all the rest on here .