PDA

View Full Version : Please confirm Which Slave is best to have

Saxyem
14th February 2018, 22:08
Hi,
I have decided to get my 75 tourer back on the road and am looking at clutch kits, some have said to buy a metal slave and others advice plastic ones are ok, i.e. Borg & Beck plastic V Tazu metal, my car had the Tazu master changed but not sure regards these, all advice welcome.

andy willi
15th February 2018, 06:43
i use genuine LUK slaves all the time have had problems with the metal tazu one .

andy

EastPete
15th February 2018, 08:11
Hi,
I have decided to get my 75 tourer back on the road and am looking at clutch kits, some have said to buy a metal slave and others advice plastic ones are ok, i.e. Borg & Beck plastic V Tazu metal, my car had the Tazu master changed but not sure regards these, all advice welcome.

Borg and Beck is a good choice for the actual clutch kit (pressure and centre/driven plate). For the slave, the current consensus seems to be LUK or possibly the items offered by AP or Delphi, which seem to be made on the original tooling (AP made the clutch parts for the factory). The metal slave performs OK, but can suffer from release bearing noise after a few miles, due to inadequate grease in the bearing race.
Pete

JonMs
15th February 2018, 11:21
My view was that the original AP slave on my car was still in great condition when my clutch plate failed at 115k miles. I could see no reason not to replace it with with the identical (bar copper pipes) Delphi/AP unit.