PDA

View Full Version : 2500 V6 fuel pipe fittings

MGTourer
16th February 2018, 09:28
Hello, I have a problem with my 2004 facelifted MG ZTT V6 190 where the right-angled fuel pipe which connects the flexi pipe to the fuel rail has come adrift at the fuel rail end with inevitable results! I don't seem to be able to buy new internal fittings - does anyone know who could supply these please? All help greatly appreciated.

T-Cut
16th February 2018, 09:41
You'll have to buy second hand parts from a scrap yard or a dismantler. The traders on here may be able to help. Alternatively, check on eBay for a fuel rail. They do appear now and then.

TC

MGTourer
16th February 2018, 12:58
Many thanks TC, seems it is not advisable to replace the individual fastenings!

MGTourer
23rd February 2018, 09:19
Thanks all, through the network I managed to purchase and have fitted a replacement rail and pipe assembly. Wonder if the ethanol content of modern petrol was a contributor to the collapse of the fitting? I don't relish the consequences of a repeat... I carry a fire extinguisher at all times!Looking forward to getting some local car club use out of the car this year.

Enjoy your cars.

T-Cut
23rd February 2018, 10:34
Wonder if the ethanol content of modern petrol was a contributor to the collapse of the fitting?

I doubt it. What happened to the fitting? What collapsed? Do you mean the o-rings failed or a problem with the spring clip?

TC