PDA

View Full Version : Castle Howard Fathers Day Rally - Sunday 17 June 2018 Dates have now been published f

actros
19th March 2018, 14:19
Castle Howard Fathers Day Rally - Sunday 17 June 2018
Dates have now been published for the Castle Howard Fathers Day Rally, as Sunday 17 June 2018, and last year we had around 30 car attending, so this year, the plan will be the same as last year, and I will apply for tickets for all of us, and then you pay me on the day, the cost is likely to be the same as last year, but wont know that until they publish further details.

Names please on the North east thread

ricardo65
19th March 2018, 18:52
This was a great car show and club meet last year so lets give it a good club attendance again it was enjoyed by all so get your names added to the list you won't be disappointed

ricardo65
18th April 2018, 18:43
Giving this meet Yorkshire and Lincolnshire bump as its beginning to creep up on us we attended this meet last year and represented the club well with over 30 cars on the club stand everybody had a brilliant day ,we were parked on the grass right in front of castle Howard who could ask for more there was entertainment for everybody to enjoy so let's see some more names down for this one as it is a fantastic day out :}

Fusilier
18th April 2018, 19:22
Giving this meet Yorkshire and Lincolnshire bump as its beginning to creep up on us we attended this meet last year and represented the club well with over 30 cars on the club stand everybody had a brilliant day ,we were parked on the grass right in front of castle Howard who could ask for more there was entertainment for everybody to enjoy so let's see some more names down for this one as it is a fantastic day out :}

Rich

Many thanks and it is a really good day out, last year, we attended our first one at this location, as it had previously been held at Harewood House, and Castle Howard is a stunning location, so can see why it was moved, and we had a really good attendance last year, and lots to see and a lot of other entertainment was also on display, and the cost of entry is only £5 for a car with all occupants, so treat yourself to a great day out

Don't leave it to the last minute, as we will soon be sending off for our tickets for this event, and once we have submitted out entry, then they only way to attend will be to pay on the day and it will be quite expensive at £11.95 per adult

Live thread of attendance is at

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=279458

Regards

Stu

ROVER2003
28th April 2018, 20:23
Castle Howard Fathers Day Rally - Sunday 17 June 2018
Dates have now been published for the Castle Howard Fathers Day Rally, as Sunday 17 June 2018, and last year we had around 30 car attending, so this year, the plan will be the same as last year, and I will apply for tickets for all of us, and then you pay me on the day, the cost is likely to be the same as last year, but wont know that until they publish further details.

Names please on the North east thread

i will be there went in my dads red capri last year rover 75 this year

Happy Wanderer
7th May 2018, 13:56
What's the deadline for entries?

Fusilier
7th May 2018, 14:10
Andy

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=2627624&postcount=36

Hope that Helps

Stu

ricardo65
23rd May 2018, 17:48
Castle Howard Fathers Day Rally Sunday 17th June

Attendees

Actros
Mgste
Mgpete
Ricardo65
Fusilier
Gordyb
Bluejon silvervixen
Stocktake and marina
Ssizefive
Lotuslc and Lydia
Bri and Linda
Peteroverus
Ziggy72
Goodmojo
Bigd and Gloria
Roverrobson
Marina Brian ( own ticket )
Briodyjl01 ( own ticket )

Fusilier
23rd May 2018, 17:55
Richard

Can you add me to the list please

Many thanks

Stu

GordyB
23rd May 2018, 18:39
I can confirm I am still attending :bowdown:

Great day last year, bargain entry price too :D

ricardo65
23rd May 2018, 19:02

Attendees

Actros
Mgste
Mgpete
Ricardo65
Fusilier
Gordyb

List updated :}

Bluejon
23rd May 2018, 19:10
As requested Rich,just to confirm [Bluejon & Silvervixen] for Castle Howard,many thanks mate.

John & Jan.

stocktake
23rd May 2018, 19:40
Can you add Marina and I please :)

ricardo65
23rd May 2018, 20:02
Can you add Marina and I please :)

both added :}

ssizefive
23rd May 2018, 21:37
Could you add me to the list please.

thanks
Steve.

ricardo65
24th May 2018, 06:29

Attendees

Actros
Mgste
Mgpete
Ricardo65
Fusilier
Gordyb
Bluejon silvervixen
Stocktake
Ssizefive

list updated :}

stocktake
24th May 2018, 06:30
Could you add me to the list please.

thanks
Steve.
Are you following me? :)

ssizefive
24th May 2018, 06:48
Are you following me? :)

Don't know, i may be put off driving admiring the rear end :eek::eek:

Steve.

LotusLC
24th May 2018, 07:19
Lydia and myself will be attending . Thanks.

BRI
24th May 2018, 08:43
Bri and Linda will be there

willshot
24th May 2018, 09:09
Me please, Rich.

ricardo65
24th May 2018, 11:08

Attendees

Actros
Mgste
Mgpete
Ricardo65
Fusilier
Gordyb
Bluejon silvervixen
Stocktake and marina
Ssizefive
Lotuslc and Lydia
Bri and Linda
Wilshot

List updated thanks

ziggy72
24th May 2018, 12:06
Yes I will be going still. Many thanks.

ricardo65
24th May 2018, 13:42

Attendees

Actros
Mgste
Mgpete
Ricardo65
Fusilier
Gordyb
Bluejon silvervixen
Stocktake and marina
Ssizefive
Lotuslc and Lydia
Bri and Linda
Wilshot
Ziggy72
Goodmojo

List updated :}

ricardo65
24th May 2018, 18:02

Attendees

Actros
Mgste
Mgpete
Ricardo65
Fusilier
Gordyb
Bluejon silvervixen
Stocktake and marina
Ssizefive
Lotuslc and Lydia
Bri and Linda
Wilshot
Ziggy72
Goodmojo
Bid and Gloria
Rebecca smith

list updated anybody else up for this meet applying for tickets very soon ,once applied for you will have to pay in full at the gate then you would park where allocated by the marshals so don't leave it to late :}

ricardo65
25th May 2018, 19:03
I have received the entry form from Stu and have been in touch with the organisers and have arranged to hand final numbers into them next Fri they were very pleased we were attending again as a club bri and l have decided there will be no club prizes so the cost of the passes are £4.50 each car excellent value just to remind everyone that if your name is on the attendance list once I have sent off for tickets you are committed to paying for your entry the cut off for entry will run up to Thurs midnight after that if you want to attend you are responsible for your own tickets :}

regards Richard

bigd
27th May 2018, 18:40
please add me and Gloria cheers
DEREK:bowdown:

ricardo65
27th May 2018, 22:14

Attendees

Actros
Mgste
Mgpete
Ricardo65
Fusilier
Gordyb
Bluejon silvervixen
Stocktake and marina
Ssizefive
Lotuslc and Lydia
Bri and Linda
Wilshot
Ziggy72
Goodmojo
Bigd and Gloria
Rebecca smith

Name added Derek anymore for this fantastic day out :}

ricardo65
29th May 2018, 16:48

Attendees

Actros
Mgste
Mgpete
Ricardo65
Fusilier
Gordyb
Bluejon silvervixen
Stocktake and marina
Ssizefive
Lotuslc and Lydia
Bri and Linda
Wilshot
Ziggy72
Goodmojo
Bigd and Gloria
Rebecca smith

16 cars

Last call for this meet if your name is on the list above I will be sending off for tickets Friday evening if you want to attend this meet and your name is not on the list and was planning on joining us all on the club stand you would be better get it added before Thurs midnight as after the cut off point you will be responsible for your own ticket this is a great day out with over 750 cars on show plus other entertainment for all the family everybody who attended this meet last year had a fantastic day the price of entry when pre booked is £4.50 pay on the day is £11.95 and parked away from the club stand so if you are interested please add your name before Thursday 12 midnight

Thank you rich

Fusilier
29th May 2018, 17:03
and just to add to what Ricardo has mentioned, there will also be some form of motor display on during the day in the main arena, (they have had a monster truck crushing cars, a mini car and motor cycle display team, and usually they have a Monster truck, which you can take a ride in for a small extra fee. There are also lots of car dealers displaying their latest wares, which you can actually sit in and try out for size if you are interested in a new car, as well as the many food outlets, and you can also take a tour of the house for an extra fee, but still much cheaper than going as an individual entry during the rest of the year, and the setting of Castle Howard is absolutely stunning (This is where they filmed Brideshead Revisited

A lot of work goes into organising these meets, so please support it, and let us show the general public just how good our marque is and what they are missing out on, as we do get quite a few asking lots of questions about the marque, and give them a better understanding of what they are missing out on

They had this team a few years ago

http://www.bolddog.com/team_show.html

and at the end of the show, if you take your ticket to the Yellow Bus parked near the arena, then you will receive a commerative Plaque for free

Stu

Fusilier
31st May 2018, 13:33
Just a quick bump for this meet which is being organised by Ricardo and Actros, great day out for the family, and lots of other things to do at the venue, has to be one of the nicest locations to hold a car show, and one very rare thing to see will be my MGF, which very rarely makes an appearance out of the Man Cave

So please support this great event, as a lot of work has gone on behind the scenes to organise it for our attendance

Regards

Stu

actros
31st May 2018, 13:40
Just a quick bump for this meet which is being organised by Ricardo and Actros, great day out for the family, and lots of other things to do at the venue, has to be one of the nicest locations to hold a car show, and one very rare thing to see will be my MGF, which very rarely makes an appearance out of the Man Cave

So please support this great event, as a lot of work has gone on behind the scenes to organise it for our attendance

Regards

StuIf you want to go then this your last chance as we will be sending off for the ticket tomorrow so midnight tonight is the dead line. Just like to say for all those that are going thank you all :bowdown::bowdown:

ricardo65
1st June 2018, 19:00

Attendees

Actros
Mgste
Mgpete
Ricardo65
Fusilier
Gordyb
Bluejon silvervixen
Stocktake and marina
Ssizefive
Lotuslc and Lydia
Bri and Linda
Wilshot
Ziggy72
Goodmojo
Bigd and Gloria
Rebecca smith

tickets have now been applied for, so if your name is on the above list relax and look forward to a very special day out, looking forward to this one travel arrangements and meet up plans have not been finalized as yet so keep an eye on this thread as updates will follow :}

just to remind everyone if your name is on the list above you are now committed to pay the £4.50 entry to the show weather you attend or not id just like to thank everybody who is supporting this meet look forward to catching up with you all on the 17th :}

regards Richard

Diesel Driver
1st June 2018, 21:58
I would like to attend Castle Howard on the 17 June with a +1. My vehicle is a Rover 75

ricardo65
2nd June 2018, 05:41
I would like to attend Castle Howard on the 17 June with a +1. My vehicle is a Rover 75

Tickets have now been applied and paid for as the cut off was Thursday midnight if you are still wanting to attend this meet you are welcome to apply for your own ticket or can pay on the day at the gate ( full price ) I can pm you the details if you would like to apply for your own ticket

Regards Richard

Diesel Driver
3rd June 2018, 20:17
Hello Richard,
Looks like I was too late to be on the list for the Castle Howard Meet. Could you please let me know how I can get my own ticket?
Regards John ( Diesel Driver ).

ricardo65
4th June 2018, 05:59
Pm sent John :}

ricardo65
4th June 2018, 06:12
Pm sent John :}

John your pm box is full

marinabrian
4th June 2018, 11:42
Hello Richard,
Looks like I was too late to be on the list for the Castle Howard Meet. Could you please let me know how I can get my own ticket?
Regards John ( Diesel Driver ).

For anyone who has not spoken to Ricardo, or Stu about tickets, now is the time to get your finger out ;)

You can contact Classic Shows direct on 01484 667776 and book your ticket over the phone upto and including Friday 9th of June.

When ordering simply let them know that you intend exhibiting with the 75 and ZT owners Club and payment can be made with a card :)

See you there

Brian :D

peteroveros
10th June 2018, 13:50
Confirming that I am attending.
Name added to the north east list.

Fusilier
10th June 2018, 14:58
Confirming that I am attending.
Name added to the north east list.

Pete

You need to see the thread above by Brian, as I am no longer RS for the North East and York/Lincs have taken over the organisation, but you can still get tickets if you phone the number above and state part of the 75/ZT Club

Stu

peteroveros
10th June 2018, 19:45
Hi Rich/ Brian.
Could you please add my name to the list.
Wilshot has very kindly passed his place over to me.
Regards.

ricardo65
10th June 2018, 20:13
Hi Rich/ Brian.
Could you please add my name to the list.
Wilshot has very kindly passed his place over to me.
Regards.

Will do pete a really nice gesture from willshot :bowdown:

See you on sunday

Fusilier
14th June 2018, 18:55
Richard

Can you confirm where we are meeting up, and at what time, or is it the place previously mentioned, and which members are attending ?

Stu

actros
14th June 2018, 19:38
Richard

Can you confirm where we are meeting up, and at what time, or is it the place previously mentioned, and which members are attending ?

StuHi Stu we are meeting at the Four All inn on the A64 at 9.00am.

ricardo65
14th June 2018, 20:12

Attendees

Actros
Mgste
Mgpete
Ricardo65
Fusilier
Gordyb
Bluejon silvervixen
Stocktake and marina
Ssizefive
Lotuslc and Lydia
Bri and Linda
Peteroverus
Ziggy72
Goodmojo
Bigd and Gloria
Roverrobson

Here is the updated prepaid attendance list

Thanks Everyone

And here is the link to the meeting times

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=284253

A64

https://goo.gl/maps/e3d8vFUb4qu

Fusilier
14th June 2018, 20:30
Many thanks for the update

See you Sunday

Stu

Briodyjl01
14th June 2018, 21:35
Here is the updated prepaid attendance list

Thanks Everyone

And here is the link to the meeting times

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=284253

I’m going aswell......

ricardo65
14th June 2018, 21:46
I’m going aswell......

I'll update the list tomorrow with people attending with there own tickets if you have your own ticket or planning on paying on entry to the show could you please let us know in this thread also it would be better if everybody would meet at the four inns so we can travel up together it's alot easier when we park up in the ground s

Thanks Everyone :}

ricardo65
15th June 2018, 19:13

Attendees (pre booked tickets )

Actros
Mgste
Mgpete
Ricardo65
Fusilier
Gordyb
Bluejon silvervixen
Stocktake and marina
Ssizefive
Lotuslc and Lydia
Bri and Linda
Peteroverus
Ziggy72
Goodmojo
Bigd and Gloria
Roverrobson
Briodyjl01 ( own ticket )

just a update for everyone attending we will be meeting up at the ... Four All Inn ... on the A64 YO329TW at 9am Actros has organised the use of the car park so we can meet up and hand the tickets out ( just to remind everyone that the tickets are £4.50 each and this will be paid when we hand the tickets out at the Four All Inn ) we will depart the Four All Inn after the tickets have been handed out 915 am we will travel up convoy style to castle Howard were we will be parked up as a club once parked up you are free to polish chat wander do whatever you want but most of all enjoy the day this was a great meet last year and we are expecting the same this year :} I've been in touch with the organisers today and they said the pitch is big enough if any more cars wanted to attend on the day just remember if attending on the day the price on entry will be £11.95 , for those who are travelling from the south we will be meeting up at the humberbridge car park north bank at 730-745am this will be the last post now so see you all on Sunday

regards Richard :}

https://goo.gl/maps/e3d8vFUb4qu

RoverRobson
16th June 2018, 08:36
Looking forward to this.

Weather is looking fine for tomorrow.

See you all then! Hopefully I won’t overheat on the way to Castle Howard this year!

Fusilier
16th June 2018, 20:17
Car all packed and ready for show tomorrow, and looking forward to the meet, as it is a great day out

so see you all at the meeting point at 0900 hrs

Stu

Comfortably Numb
16th June 2018, 23:39
Have a great day,folks. Just a bit too far for my liking, if I wasn't commuting 100 miles a day, I might consider it. Perhaps next year. Looking forward to the pics.

J1MBO
17th June 2018, 10:39
Hoped to have finally made this event this year, however as per last year not currently feeling my best so it wasn't to be.

Make sure there's plenty of photos of the day!

Jim

suzublu
17th June 2018, 15:56
Cracking day, not too hot, loads of very lottery winning spend it all cars on view, including a few old Rovers:o:D
Nice to meet up with everyone again, well done all attendees:bowdown:
Oh, spotted a Borgward, never heard of or seen one before, very rare:cool:

Fusilier
17th June 2018, 17:28
Had a good day out and was nice to meet fellow members at the show, some very nice cars on show, and well done to Robson on winning 2nd Prize in the Category, he entered, and thanks to those involved in organising the day, appreciated, nice to attend a show without having to do the organisation.

Got back at 1830 hrs after I went on to A64, then turned back as it was tail to tail, so turn back towards Castle Howard, then through the small villages then went via A19, and then back onto A1, but had to stop for a comfort break.

was a good show, and hopefully lots of photo's taken by members

Till next show at MG Northumbria in a fortnight.

Stu

PS will now have to spend the next few days cleaning the MGF, as it got dust on it going out

Briodyjl01
17th June 2018, 19:09
Thank you for a great day.

It was good to finally meet some of you. And you all have some very nice cars.

Josh

suzublu
17th June 2018, 19:47
Did anyone see the "Wheeler Dealers" Jag XJ Coupe:shrug::D ssIl9GAOV9Q

myfirstrover
17th June 2018, 20:49
Very good day out with good company and some rare cars , sorry for the confusion about the ticket and thanks to all those for chipping in , a very kind gesture :bowdown:

ziggy72
17th June 2018, 21:09
Another great day out with the 75 / ZT club. Some lovely cars on display as well as other marques to feast the eyes on.
Yes Ronnie I saw the XJ coupe. It was also at the Jaguar national last year that myself and Stu attended and is very nice.
Well done Robson for the award , well deserved.

bigd
18th June 2018, 06:35
Thanks to all concerned and another great day had by all cheers everyone :D:D

willshot
18th June 2018, 06:52
Great afternoon out visiting friends at Castle Howard. Nice to catch up with you all. Some cracking cars on display, fav was 1972 Ford Capri 3000GXL in Sebring Red. :}:}:}:}

ssizefive
18th June 2018, 17:44
Had a great time yesterday, lovely to catch up with everyone. My daughter really enjoyed herself, this was the second meet she has attended so maybe she will become a regular visitor!! Ross's girlfriend was impressed with his 'Uncle Dave', I actually think she was a little disappointed when we told her he wasn't his real uncle!! :eek:
Thanks to rich, bri and stu for arranging things.

Steve.

stocktake
18th June 2018, 18:21
Had a great time yesterday, lovely to catch up with everyone. My daughter really enjoyed herself, this was the second meet she has attended so maybe she will become a regular visitor!! Ross's girlfriend was impressed with his 'Uncle Dave', I actually think she was a little disappointed when we told her he wasn't his real uncle!! :eek:
Thanks to rich, bri and stu for arranging things.

Steve.

You should be proud of Ross, he has turned out to be and excellent young man.

However, I'm not sure that your youngest daughter should be laughing about caravan rocking jokes though :D :D :D you may have work to do there :laughing2:

I follower Roverobson from the meet to the show, absolutely stunning vehicle.

Thanks to Stuart for the initial idea and to Rich and Brian for taking the reins on the meet, much appreciated.

Biggest thanks though goes to the driver of the ZTT who pulled out on to the main A64 and stopped the whole of the holiday traffic to let 17 Rover 75/ZTs out in front of him so the convoy to Castle Howard could actually exist, Brilliant, can only imagine the language from the cars behind :bowdown:

RoverRobson
18th June 2018, 18:33
Biggest thanks though goes to the driver of the ZTT who pulled out on to the main A64 and stopped the whole of the holiday traffic to let 17 Rover 75/ZTs out in front of him so the convoy to Castle Howard could actually exist, Brilliant, can only imagine the language from the cars behind :bowdown:

That was my good friend Lee Butler in his Firefrost ZT-T. Really nice young lad. His dad has a Nocturne 75 that’s getting ready to come to shows.

Bluejon
19th June 2018, 00:49
Can only re-iterate the
comments of others by saying many thanks to Stu,initially for arranging our attendance at this event & then many thanks to Bri & Rich for taking over the reigns following Stu's unfortunate resignation from running this on our behalf.

Stu has been a rock to us all in his role as N.E. RS with the professional way he ran the arrangement of the events he organised & will be sorely missed,I as an RS
know first hand how hard & sometimes thankless a task it can be,so my praise goes out to Stu for all he has done for us all over the years & can only hope he may have a re-think,still many thanks Mate very much appreciated.

This of course is taking nothing away from Bri & Rich for stepping in to run the arrangements for us to attend Castle Howard,congratulations Lads on a job well done & to everyone who attended for making it all possible.

Lastly,as others have said, many thanks to the member who had the foresight to pull out so we could all keep together on the run to the event,well done young Sir,very much appreciated.

Now for some pics of our cars at the show.

https://i.imgur.com/N5Ywsas.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nBYL8aI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eYwUPv2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TX9ZILX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1bwqQ1p.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yT8vDtX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qY0vjQs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Yk9eGkV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rkFicIZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oTrGsNY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jJju9IJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hj7mT1v.jpg

John.

Bluejon
19th June 2018, 01:05
https://i.imgur.com/XgHBPv3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EY30yZI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lizULH6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ahi1v9f.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CUtfDEc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Z5b0QEC.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/v8qHhRt.jpg

John.

Bluejon
19th June 2018, 01:23
https://i.imgur.com/CgIo81T.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7Ln84uE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gGfHLZJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/zAhzM8L.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lpUymOL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/a0o5R0s.jpg

John.

Briodyjl01
19th June 2018, 06:57
John,

Did you get any photos of my tourer?

Bluejon
19th June 2018, 11:07
John,

Did you get any photos of my tourer?

I'm not sure,which one was yours,I did not get around until late on & some had already left,my sincere apologies to you & anyone else if any cars were missed out.

Regards.....John.

Comfortably Numb
19th June 2018, 18:30
Fantastic display, and a real credit to their owners. I think mine would have let the side down! I have never been to the Castle Howard show, but it looks pretty big. How did the 75/ZT turnout compare for numbers with any other type?

Fusilier
19th June 2018, 19:21
Fantastic display, and a real credit to their owners. I think mine would have let the side down! I have never been to the Castle Howard show, but it looks pretty big. How did the 75/ZT turnout compare for numbers with any other type?

Andrew

I would say that the biggest car club turnout would have been the SAAB owners, followed by the Lotus Club, then the Mercedes Benz Group, and then ourselves, closed followed by the XKEC club who were behind us, and then the Stag Owners Club. we had a decent turnout (I think there was 19 of us), and some very special vehicles were in attendance, ranging from Bentley's, to Morris Minors, and lots of other interesting vehicles, and all in all a very enjoyable day in great company.

And a huge thanks to Bluejon for the brilliant photo's as a reminder of the day

Stu

ricardo65
22nd June 2018, 05:57
A little belated id just like to thank everyone who supported this meet and making it a great club meet and day out with some very nice club cars on display also congratulations to Robson who respresented the club in the arena and collecting a trophy well done mate thanks to bluejon for the photos great reminder of the day 😀https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180622/6302740e7e5af7cc0224c1218b33d98a.jpg

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk