PDA

View Full Version : Zt spoiler and pressed plates fitted.

steve1975
24th March 2018, 13:08
Finally got round to fitting my zt high level spoiler and pressed plates fitted.
http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt247/dodgyste/IMAG0130_zpssctlpswd.jpg (http://s616.photobucket.com/user/dodgyste/media/IMAG0130_zpssctlpswd.jpg.html)

neilll
24th March 2018, 13:18
Hi Steve,
I like the extra boomerang spoiler ( have one on my saloon ), but it`s smiley plates for me on the rear all day long (only my opinion of course).
Neil

klarzy
24th March 2018, 13:50
gotta be a smiley dude,,,, anything else just isn't cricket...

Stormbringer
24th March 2018, 13:50
I too have the extra spoiler. And as Neilll say, smiley plates all the way for me too.

Pete

roverbarmy
24th March 2018, 14:13
They don't call them spoilers for nothing! :shrug:

ZedTeeT
24th March 2018, 18:38
I'm with you, I've got pressed plates on mine too, not a fan of smiley plates they're just too big and too much yellow going on............

I'm gonna get a kicking for saying that I just know it! :getmecoat:

Brunty
24th March 2018, 18:59
Had a new smiley plate fitted 2 weeks ago, Smiley for me!

JanCo
24th March 2018, 19:13
I like the pressed plates. Thinking about getting a set for my TF but how legal are they for MOT? Anyone know?

Nice work on the spoiler too

BigBen
24th March 2018, 19:44
In theory, AFAIK on any vehicle first registered from September 2001 they are not legal for road use.

Number plates on vehicles from 1st September 2001 on need to be compliant with both DVLA specifications (font and spacing) and BS AU154d, which also refers to https://www.bnma.org/legislation.html

Where it states :-

"BSAU145D
COMPONENTS

The new British Standard requires the following:-

Acrylic

A new toughened acrylic has been introduced with a stronger impact. Due to the process involved in the manufacture, this acrylic absorbs more light.

Reflective

This has improved reflectivity due to the extra light absorption of the acrylic."

Only vehicles first used before 1st September 2001 are legally allowed to use white/yellow metal plates, and only those used before 1st January 1973 are allowed to have plates with black background and silver or white lettering.

They may well pass the MOT, but that won't stop you getting a £100 fine if a copper in a bad mood stops you....

But if you have a Cowley '75 you're fine... lol!

sworks
24th March 2018, 19:56
I saw the car the other day, looking really good and sounded nice

steve1975
24th March 2018, 20:36
I like the pressed plates. Thinking about getting a set for my TF but how legal are they for MOT? Anyone know?

Nice work on the spoiler too
Mine are completely legal with all the markings of a normal plate including the maker of the plates

steve1975
24th March 2018, 20:38
I'm with you, I've got pressed plates on mine too, not a fan of smiley plates they're just too big and too much yellow going on............

I'm gonna get a kicking for saying that I just know it! :getmecoat:

I'm with you on that,way too big and too much yellow

BigBen
25th March 2018, 06:42
Mine are completely legal with all the markings of a normal plate including the maker of the plates

Just because they have the markings doesn't make them road legal.

I could get a piece of cardboard, paint it yellow stick on some Charles Wright numbers and print BSAU145d and my postcode on it.... Wouldn't make it legal to use...