PDA

View Full Version : Anything happening in the SE?

G.F
30th March 2018, 13:32
Anything planned for 2018?
Something for Drive It Day maybe?

keithst24
31st March 2018, 11:23
There is a regular meet in Whitstable that Bob (Flying Banana) posts up, also regular breakfast meets in Denham and Camberley which are really good, bit further for you though.....also there is normally a Sussex run day organised.............just keep popping into the meet section for updates.
And of course the club National meet in May :D

BigBen
5th April 2018, 15:34
There's a meet on the last Sunday of every month a The Long Reach Beefeater, Whitstable, From Midday onwards. :cool:

Used to go every month when I lived near Canterbury.

F.B. Page :smilie_re: HERE (https://www.facebook.com/groups/MGRKentnSurrounding/)

There's an MG Owners Workshop meet at The Granville, Street End, near
Canterbury from 8pm on every 2nd Tuesday of the month, too - further details :smilie_re: HERE (https://mgccse.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/cmgow-information-document-any-use-.pdf) . :D

Alex30013k
18th April 2018, 16:57
I've just seen there is a meet on the 6th May in Hampshire, I'm gonna go as its only an hour and half from Ashford. Plus not been to any meets for a while,

I have been to the longreach meets a few times, but I work weekends so its hard to attend,

keithst24
21st April 2018, 21:14
I've just seen there is a meet on the 6th May in Hampshire, I'm gonna go as its only an hour and half from Ashford. Plus not been to any meets for a while,

I have been to the longreach meets a few times, but I work weekends so its hard to attend,

That is the National meet, will be a cracking day out.....see you there.

G.F
31st May 2018, 19:02
A bit disappointed to see no sign of events in the South East or am I missing something?

Unicorn1
2nd June 2018, 21:42
Me too :shrug:

keithst24
12th June 2018, 22:23
Try the London and South ...lot more going on :D

FLYING BANANA
13th June 2018, 05:19
A bit disappointed to see no sign of events in the South East or am I missing something?

Me too :shrug:

Find a venue, sort out some dates, and post it up in the appropriate section and see if anyone is interested. You do not have to be a Regional Secertary to post up meets/events but you should just contact them just to see that any of your meets/dates clash with anything that they might have planned. Send them a PM.

What about the Dirtee South, Independent group and nothing to do with this club, meets that are usually held on the last Saturday of every month in Canterbury.

Midas, Bonnie Evans, is Regional Secertary for Essex, North and South London. She also posts up events in Kent occasionally. Her recent Kent posting was for the Faversham festival of transport.

Harrisop, Peter Harris, is the Regional Secertary for South and West London.

Have a look on some of the other areas to get some ideas.

I have now re-located to Cornwall and the first meet I'm putting together is on a Wednesday evening, "Cars Under The Stars". Just an informal meet plus a bite to eat in a pub.

Always ask the owners of a pub or cafe if it is ok to hold a meet or event. It's the polite way of going about things.

I'm still a member of the Kent and Surrounding area MG-Rover club. I'll check out there events on their Facebook page and I'll get them posted up on here.

Midas
19th June 2018, 11:57
Plenty going on here :} https://www.facebook.com/groups/MGRSE/