PDA

View Full Version : The Waterwheel MG Rover meet

ricardo65
2nd June 2018, 19:33
On Sunday 5th of August 2018 from 10am onwards

We have been invited to the waterwheel MG Rover meet so if you fancy joining us for a social gathering please add your names to the list :} the waterwheel has been set up with the car enthusiasts in mind with ample parking also a bar restaurant that is just jaw dropping amazing with loads of memorabilia there is great food and drink available (I can vouch for that) :D and plenty of indoor outdoor places to relax the venue itself is very accessible from all directions so let's have a good turn out for this one all you have to do is add your name to the list and turn up on the day so come on let's get some names down :}

The waterwheel tea rooms
Howden Goole
DN147JP

https://www.waterwheeltearoom.co.uk/

attendees

Actros
Ricardo65
Suzublu
Harrybowie
M.atty.G
Bluejon and silvevixen
shadomobile
Wilshot
LotusLC and Lydia
Andy willi
Fusilier
Diesel Driver
Mgsteve
Mgpete
Robbrooks
Snetty
Gordyb
Stocktake and old English
White gold
Rover2003
Rev Jules ... maybe
Briodyjl01
Trueiron
Brit and Linda
Newguypete
NigeB
KLM
Garryk
John3:16
Stevosnr
Tourersteve

suzublu
2nd June 2018, 19:45
Go on then:cool:

ricardo65
2nd June 2018, 20:00
Name added Ron cheers for the heads up the other night :}

Bluejon
2nd June 2018, 20:51
Hi Rich.

Bluejon & Silvervixen for this one please,looks like a cracking venue,many thanks mate.

John & Jan.

Captain Crappycrimp
2nd June 2018, 21:42
Gives me a target to get my ZTT back on the road, put me down.

LotusLC
3rd June 2018, 07:33
Count Lydia and myself in please Rich.

willshot
3rd June 2018, 09:13
Can you add me to the list, please, Rich. I'll be in the TF.

ricardo65
3rd June 2018, 09:51
List updated thanks everyone :bowdown: anymore for this meet this is a great place to hold a car meet the owner is a car enthusiast and has planned the whole waterwheel tearoom around making it a great place for enthusiasts to meet up chat and show their cars and the memorabilia on display is amazing so let's have a good club turnout as other mg rover clubs will be there as well

ricardo65
3rd June 2018, 09:59
A quick photo of the inside 😀https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180603/0fc58749f309ddf763b36f52e9a64740.jpg

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

andy willi
3rd June 2018, 16:48
put me in for this deffo of work

andy

ricardo65
3rd June 2018, 19:37
put me in for this deffo of work

andy

name added Andy great place to hold a meet :}

GJ53 DGO
3rd June 2018, 19:51
Would love to be able to make this but will be freshly married and in Cyprus...have a drink to the end of my life.....:duh: I mean the beginning of a new chapter haha

ricardo65
3rd June 2018, 21:11
Would love to be able to make this but will be freshly married and in Cyprus...have a drink to the end of my life.....:duh: I mean the beginning of a new chapter haha

Lol no worries matey there will be more I'm sure :}

Fusilier
4th June 2018, 16:17
Rich

put me down as a possible, might take a runout in one of the cars

Stu

ricardo65
4th June 2018, 16:33
Rich

put me down as a possible, might take a runout in one of the cars

Stu

Will do stu quite well situated from the north A19 , A63 hopefully be a good gathering :}

Diesel Driver
4th June 2018, 18:47
Would you please put me on the list for the Waterwheel meet. R75 diesel. Thanks

ricardo65
4th June 2018, 19:31
Would you please put me on the list for the Waterwheel meet. R75 diesel. Thanks

name added John, have you seen the castle Howard thread how to apply for own tickets :}

robbrooks
5th June 2018, 10:25
Please put my name down for this. Hopefully the car will be looking good by then after yet more bumps to both bumpers. To be replaced!
Jeanette and me
Thanks
Rob:}

Snetty
5th June 2018, 19:12
Please could I be added to the list.

GordyB
5th June 2018, 20:06
Put me down on the list please Rich

ricardo65
5th June 2018, 21:15
List updated thanks for supporting :}

stocktake
6th June 2018, 06:48
Should be able to make this one, depending on Marinas' shifts

ricardo65
6th June 2018, 15:54
Should be able to make this one, depending on Marinas' shifts

Dave both added :}

whitegold
11th July 2018, 07:56
Nearly missed this one Rich :duh:
Put me on the list please, be there if I am at home.

Rev Jules
11th July 2018, 08:23
Hi Could you put us down for a maybe.

Cheers.

Rev

ROVER2003
11th July 2018, 17:16

We have been invited to the waterwheel MG Rover meet so if you fancy joining us for a social gathering please add your names to the list :} the waterwheel has been set up with the car enthusiasts in mind with ample parking also a bar restaurant that is just jaw dropping amazing with loads of memorabilia there is great food and drink available (I can vouch for that) 😀 and plenty of indoor outdoor places to relax the venue itself is very accessible from all directions so let's have a good turn out for this one all you have to do is add your name to the list and turn up on the day so come on let's get some names down :}

The waterwheel tea rooms

Howden Goole

DN147JP

attendees

Actros

Ricardo65

Suzublu

Harrybowie

M.atty.G

Bluejon and silvevixen

shadomobile

Wilshot

LotusLC and Lydia

Andy willi

Fusilier ....poss

Diesel Driver

Mgsteve

Mgpete

Robbrooks

Snetty

Gordyb

Stocktake and marina

I can go so will see you there

Briodyjl01
11th July 2018, 20:04
Put me down on the list please

ricardo65
12th July 2018, 06:30

We have been invited to the waterwheel MG Rover meet so if you fancy joining us for a social gathering please add your names to the list :} the waterwheel has been set up with the car enthusiasts in mind with ample parking also a bar restaurant that is just jaw dropping amazing with loads of memorabilia there is great food and drink available (I can vouch for that) :D and plenty of indoor outdoor places to relax the venue itself is very accessible from all directions so let's have a good turn out for this one all you have to do is add your name to the list and turn up on the day so come on let's get some names down :}

The waterwheel tea rooms
Howden Goole
DN147JP

attendees

Actros
Ricardo65
Suzublu
Harrybowie
M.atty.G
Bluejon and silvevixen
shadomobile
Wilshot
LotusLC and Lydia
Andy willi
Fusilier ....poss
Diesel Driver
Mgsteve
Mgpete
Robbrooks
Snetty
Gordyb
Stocktake and marina
White gold
Rover2003
Rev Jules ... maybe
Briodyjl01

list updated thanks everyone :}

Trueiron
13th July 2018, 16:49
Add me to this one mate. Been organised by a friend. Cracking location

ricardo65
16th July 2018, 17:53
Add me to this one mate. Been organised by a friend. Cracking location

name added Shane like you say great location anybody else fancy joining us :}

ricardo65
20th July 2018, 06:35

The waterwheel tea rooms
Howden Goole
DN147JP

attendees

Actros
Ricardo65
Suzublu
Harrybowie
M.atty.G
Bluejon and silvevixen
shadomobile
Wilshot
LotusLC and Lydia
Andy willi
Fusilier ....poss
Diesel Driver
Mgsteve
Mgpete
Robbrooks
Snetty
Gordyb
Stocktake and marina
White gold
Rover2003
Rev Jules ... maybe
Briodyjl01
Trueiron

weekend bump please add your name if you fancy joining us at the waterwheel :}

BRI
20th July 2018, 06:46
Bri and Linda will be there please

stocktake
20th July 2018, 07:15
Hi Rich, Unfortunately Marina is working on the day so it will just be me, may bring something old and English for a change :) ( No not Actros :D )

NewGuyPete
20th July 2018, 07:47
Rich,

Can you put my name down, would like a nice day out, other side of Peninnes ( do I need permission? )

actros
20th July 2018, 08:49
Rich,

Can you put my name down, would like a nice day out, other side of Peninnes ( do I need permission? )No mate just come along.

ricardo65
20th July 2018, 16:38
Hi Rich, Unfortunately Marina is working on the day so it will just be me, may bring something old and English for a change :) ( No not Actros :D )

list updated everyone :} Dave are you sure its not Actros :D

ricardo65
20th July 2018, 19:26

The waterwheel tea rooms
Howden Goole
DN147JP

attendees

Actros
Ricardo65
Suzublu
Harrybowie
M.atty.G
Bluejon and silvevixen
shadomobile
Wilshot
LotusLC and Lydia
Andy willi
Fusilier
Diesel Driver
Mgsteve
Mgpete
Robbrooks
Snetty
Gordyb
Stocktake and old English
White gold
Rover2003
Rev Jules ... maybe
Briodyjl01
Trueiron
Brit and Linda
Newguypete

anybody else joining us at the waterwheel :}

Trueiron
21st July 2018, 21:20
This should be a good day. The venue is stunning

Nige B
22nd July 2018, 07:42
Hi Richard , stick me down , as long as "call outs " haven't started at work , I should be ok to attend.Not met up properly for a while , so will be nice to join in..Cheers Nige

ricardo65
22nd July 2018, 08:55
Hi Richard , stick me down , as long as "call outs " haven't started at work , I should be ok to attend.Not met up properly for a while , so will be nice to join in..Cheers NigeWill do nige away this week will update the list at weekend 😀

KLM
22nd July 2018, 18:10
Put my name on the list please. I'll have some of that. :D

Kev.

ricardo65
23rd July 2018, 08:12
Put my name on the list please. I'll have some of that. :D

Kev.Glad you can make it Kev will add your name to the list 😁

Garry k
25th July 2018, 18:04
Put my name down I’ll be there Garry k

ricardo65
25th July 2018, 18:14
Put my name down I’ll be there Garry kHi Garry will add your name to the list anybody else joining us for this meet 😁

26th July 2018, 22:56

We have been invited to the waterwheel MG Rover meet so if you fancy joining us for a social gathering

Yes please. I'll be sure to make this one with Sandie.

Neill

stevo snr
27th July 2018, 10:29
I'll try to make this one. The old bus could do with a run out.

ricardo65
28th July 2018, 15:25
List is now updated thank you for supporting still plenty of time to add your name for this meet if you want to join in the fun :}

TourerSteve
28th July 2018, 20:34
You better put the old timers taxi down as he will only sulk if he doesn't get to go !

LButler91
28th July 2018, 20:36
Hi guys!

Great to see soo many names down for this. I have a further 19 confirmed and 41 interested (on Facebook) so hopefully it will be a great turnout!

Below is a specially revised menu for us offered by the extremely nice staff at the waterwheel. May seem a little pricey but please bear in mind this is a bistro with real qualified chefs and the food is top noch! Ask Richard!

Breakfast....
Two slices of toast & jam £2.50
Tea cakes £2.50
Yorkshire Breakfast £8.50
Mini York’s breakfast £6.50
Breakfast sandwiches £5.50
Scones & Jam £3.50
All served upto 11.30am

Lunch/afternoon
Quiche of the day £8.95
Waterwheel Pie £7.50
Ploughman’s £8.45
Scampi £8.95
Soup of the day £4.95
Melenzane parmigiana (v) £7.25
Afternoon tea £16.95
Sandwiches from£4.95-£5.95
Scones £3.50
Cakes from £3.95
All served up until 4.30pm

trikey
28th July 2018, 20:40
Hi guys!

Great to see soo many names down for this. I have a further 19 confirmed and 41 interested (on Facebook) so hopefully it will be a great turnout!

Below is a specially revised menu for us offered by the extremely nice staff at the waterwheel. May seem a little pricey but please bear in mind this is a bistro with real qualified chefs and the food is top noch! Ask Richard!

Breakfast....
Tea cakes £2.50
Scones & Jam £3.50
All served upto 11.30am

Lunch/afternoon
Quiche of the day £8.95
Waterwheel Pie £7.50
Ploughman’s £8.45
Scampi £8.95
Soup of the day £4.95
Afternoon tea £16.95
Scones £3.50
Cakes from £3.95

Those prices ain't out of the way mate. :bowdown:

suzublu
28th July 2018, 20:42
Those prices ain't out of the way mate. :bowdown:

Pfft, flask & jam 'n bread for me then:getmecoat::D:D

ricardo65
29th July 2018, 08:38
Hi guys!

Breakfast....
Tea cakes £2.50
Scones & Jam £3.50
All served upto 11.30am

Lunch/afternoon
Quiche of the day £8.95
Waterwheel Pie £7.50
Ploughman’s £8.45
Scampi £8.95
Soup of the day £4.95
Afternoon tea £16.95
Scones £3.50
Cakes from £3.95

thanks for posting this up lee only a week to go now as lee has said the food is very good :drool4: with plenty of inside and outside seating set in a very tranquil atmosphere , also this looks as though it is going to be very well attended by both clubs if you still haven't added your names to the list its not too late as this one is a turn up on the day meet, this really is a great place for the car enthusiasts to meet up so don't miss out on this one see you next Sunday

Richard

willshot
1st August 2018, 14:12
Hi Rich,
somethings come up and I can no longer attend this meet. Sorry.

Regards

Will

ricardo65
1st August 2018, 17:50
Hi Rich,
somethings come up and I can no longer attend this meet. Sorry.

Regards

Will

no problem will catch up with you soon :}

ricardo65
1st August 2018, 17:53
Midweek bump for this one if you fancy joining in the fun just add you name to the list and come on and join us at the waterwheel on Sunday you'll be made very welcome :}

Snetty
2nd August 2018, 09:26
Rich,
Don't think I will make this one, hope yoy all have a great day.

HarryBowie
3rd August 2018, 20:00
Hi Rich. Can’t make this Sunday I’m afraid. Hope you all have a lovely day.
Laura X

GordyB
4th August 2018, 15:14
I know it's short notice but does anyone going have a spare gold fan resistor I can buy off them instead of buying online and waiting a few days for postage? I'd rather get the car back together tomorrow evening and be done ....

Thanks

suzublu
4th August 2018, 15:15
I've got loads in the shed Gordy, what resistance:shrug: Just checked, the one's I have are 50w if it's any good?

GordyB
4th August 2018, 15:34
I've got loads in the shed Gordy, what resistance:shrug: Just checked, the one's I have are 50w if it's any good?

Thanks

Err, dunno about 50W. Have you fitted one to yours?

I think the ones Jules sells (which I'll buy Monday if I can't get one tomorrow) are 100W but not sure and don't know the rest of the spec....

Anyone know?

andy willi
4th August 2018, 18:36
all ready for the morning wont be late ,

andy

4th August 2018, 19:51
List is now updated thank you for supporting still plenty of time to add your name for this meet if you want to join in the fun :}

Hi

Anyone meeting at the Humber Bridge and going "Convoy" or are we all meeting there for around 10am? I think a delicate drive from the Humber Bridge should see us there in under 45 minutes :D ??

Neill

ricardo65
5th August 2018, 07:45
Hope you all have a great day sorry I couldn't make it, I've landed safely in Chongqing in the middle of a lightening storm and now the sun is out and it's 44° it's nearly 4oclock here so I'm just heading out to try the local fodda catch up with you all soon enjoy your day :}

Briodyjl01
5th August 2018, 09:13
I will see you all soon!

andy willi
5th August 2018, 17:17
well what can i say has to be one of the best meeting places of all time absolutely brilliant cant say more perfect really enjoyed it will definitely go there again meet or not . even some one praying to blue john !.

andy

whitegold
5th August 2018, 17:31
Agree with Andy-great venue.
Good to meet up with some old faces and new ones, Nigel, Tractor Ted, Brian, Bluejohn and others. Checked my paintcode with Fusalier- Thanks Stuart :D.
Had a long drool over Daves beautiful Sunbeam Talbot 90-gorgeous!
Looking forward now to next time.

stocktake
5th August 2018, 19:20
Had a great day with friends old and new, forgot to get the camera out but remembered to get sunburn on my face (ouch) :D. Great venue.

stocktake
5th August 2018, 19:22
That explains the saliva marks on the wing :D

Nige B
5th August 2018, 19:23
Very good venue , never sampled the food ( not enough time) wish I could have hung around a little longer.Still managed to have a chat with some of the guys , nice chat with Gordy , lovely wheels :drool4:.And Ted , a pleasure as always ..(hope you get that small scuff sorted soon mate , marred the visit a tad .) Stocktake " new old wheels " looks very nice .and some very nice MGs ( other models) ..hope we can all meet up again and get to know a little more .Many thanks to absent friend ( Ricardo) who arranged the meet...see you all at Thrybergh ( hopefully ).

suzublu
5th August 2018, 19:31
Canny little venue, enjoyed it:bowdown:

Nige B
5th August 2018, 19:48
Canny little venue, enjoyed it:bowdown:
You must have got there after i left Ronnie , shame that .maybe next time .:}

suzublu
5th August 2018, 19:51
You must have got there after i left Ronnie , shame that .maybe next time .:}

Always fashionably late Nige;) about 12 I turned up. Might see you at Thrybergh:cool:

GordyB
5th August 2018, 19:53
Great place for a local meet, looks well used by other clubs by the look of the car park too. Didn't sample the food but the coffee was good :D, even Nige turned up !!!

I am so burnt :duh::duh:

Briodyjl01
5th August 2018, 20:03
Agree with Andy-great venue.
Good to meet up with some old faces and new ones, Nigel, Tractor Ted, Brian, Bluejohn and others. Checked my paintcode with Fusalier- Thanks Stuart :D.

It’s nice to meet you all. Good little meet up.

The door handle surrounds are fitted already.

Thank you.

LButler91
5th August 2018, 20:26
Hi all, very glad you all enjoyed this meet! Im over tge moon at some of the feedback and comments I got about the venue, and I will be liasing with Richard to get another meet going as soon as he's back and recovered from his holiday....I mean work 😂

LotusLC
5th August 2018, 20:27
Sorry i never got to this meet but a power steering leak put pay to my day :devil:

ricardo65
6th August 2018, 01:31
Thankyou to everyone who supported this meet and I'm pleased you all enjoyed it as Lee has said we will be working together on some more meets at the waterwheel 😀 I haven't managed to find any rovers over here but I did stumble across the new mg 6 hoping to go to a mg dealership today breakfast first 😁

whitegold
6th August 2018, 08:10
It’s nice to meet you all. Good little meet up.

The door handle surrounds are fitted already.

Thank you.

That didn't take long, glad you are pleased.
Good to meet you again.

whitegold
6th August 2018, 08:13
That explains the saliva marks on the wing :D

You'd betta believe it, beautiful !

robbrooks
6th August 2018, 08:47
Great venue and meeting up with Rover friends!

Briodyjl01
6th August 2018, 09:27
That didn't take long, glad you are pleased.
Good to meet you again.

I fitted them as soon as I got home. Send me over your email address and I’ll forward you some photos.

Josh

LButler91
11th November 2018, 08:44
Hi all, the next meet has been posted up in events :)