PDA

View Full Version : 2006 75 Diesel won’t start after being stood for 6 months

Peckerpecks
1st July 2018, 22:34
Hi all my 1st post but I’m after some help please. I have a 2006 75 Contemporary SE Tourer diesel. It’s been stood for 6 months plus. I bought it as a car that had supposedly run out of diesel, then battery went flat, then bonnet cable snapped. Then he sold it me and saw me coming but hey ho that’s another story...

So...

Fuel pump in tank had burned out.. changed that..fuel is getting to injectors...it’s not firing...alarm going off... wipers won’t stop... ecu not been flooded...had trouble communicating with diagnostics...somebody said it might be a cable that breaks down between ecu in car and one in scuttle panel?? Any ideas to help please? It’s currently with my mechanic and even he’s tearing his hair out over this one. It’s a good example too with only one owner and 70k

I just want it on the road!

Any help would be much appreciated. Please.

marinabrian
2nd July 2018, 06:33
Hi all my 1st post but I’m after some help please. I have a 2006 75 Contemporary SE Tourer diesel. It’s been stood for 6 months plus. I bought it as a car that had supposedly run out of diesel, then battery went flat, then bonnet cable snapped. Then he sold it me and saw me coming but hey ho that’s another story...

So...

Fuel pump in tank had burned out.. changed that..fuel is getting to injectors...it’s not firing...alarm going off... wipers won’t stop... ecu not been flooded...had trouble communicating with diagnostics...somebody said it might be a cable that breaks down between ecu in car and one in scuttle panel?? Any ideas to help please? It’s currently with my mechanic and even he’s tearing his hair out over this one. It’s a good example too with only one owner and 70k

I just want it on the road!

Any help would be much appreciated. Please.

Speak to BigRuss, this is a one which needs to be diagnosed on the car ;)

There are K bus issues causing the wiper problem, and whatever is causing the non start.....well probably the ECM, but I wouldn't want to discount wiring issues either.

Brian :D