PDA

View Full Version : Premium bumper

oxfordblue75
7th July 2018, 12:48
I have just finished transferring the premium bumper off the v6 onto my 1.8t as the v6 will be moving on soon . The job took a while due to me thinking the lower inner black bracket that steps the bumper down from the under tray was not original , so I spent ages unbolting the rusty fittings only to discover I did need it !!, I had done my research but I could not find any parts diagrams that showed the bracket in question ??.. well now it's done , after lots &lots of fettling , it looks great , but now I am thinking that I have seen some old motor show pics of v8's with two little black "spats",if that's what you call them, under the bumper at each side, but yet again no parts diagrams seem to show them ????, can anyone advise please ??

trikey
7th July 2018, 20:13
Yes the V8 has a small rubber spoiler in the area you mention, like hens teeth to find nowadays though.

oxfordblue75
7th July 2018, 20:57
Many thanks , do you know if it id one piece or two separate ?

trikey
7th July 2018, 21:10
Many thanks , do you know if it id one piece or two separate ?

from memory its one piece.

trebor
8th July 2018, 08:10
As Trikey says it's one piece and known as a V8 splitter, there is a picture of one in my how to below about half a dozen or so pictures down, very rare now and you will be lucky to get hold of one.

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=112447

oxfordblue75
8th July 2018, 11:00
Many thanks , I have that part but I think the splitters have been trimmed off , doh !!

marinabrian
8th July 2018, 13:41
I hope you swapped the wheelarch liners over too, as they are different for the premium bumper ;)

Brian :D

oxfordblue75
8th July 2018, 14:37
Unfortunately Brian the V6 did not originally have the premium bumper fitted so as you say the liners are different so I had to make some infill trims out of another liner to bridge the gap ;)