PDA

View Full Version : thrybergh meet in october 2018

andy willi
18th July 2018, 18:57
hi all setting this meet up but with a twist in it the meet will be at the normal place

THRYBURGH COUNTY PARK
DONCASTER ROAD
THYRBURGH
ROTHERHAM
S65 4NU

THE DATE IS SUNDAY 07 /10/2018

now for the twist if anyone can get me a picture from the top of conisbrough castle and arrive at the meet before 11 am i will pay for your breakfast (to the value of £10) and refund the admission fee to the castle the picture must be date stamped to avoid any cheats . first confirmed picture will win

there will also now be two awards given out on the day .

best car of the day ( not the clean one just the best car )

first to arrive prize . ( this wont include me or my no2 brian )

meet starts at 10,30 am .

all awards will be given out by 1pm just in case you need to leave early.

please put your names down for this .

will update when i can but work hinders me so could be slow to do it .

andy

1 andy
2 actros
3 ssizefive
4 Trueiron
5 whitegold
6 Diesel Driver
7 peteroveros
8 Nige B poss
9 phatfiesta75
10 deltic08 poss
11 ROVER2003 POSS
12 elroy
13 Bluejon & Silvervixen
14 Rev Jules

stocktake
18th July 2018, 19:16
Afraid I will be on my way back from Scotland that day Andy.

andy willi
18th July 2018, 19:38
Afraid I will be on my way back from Scotland that day Andy..

just drive faster and make the time up you have no excuse to miss this one can do a late prize just for you..

andy

FLYING BANANA
18th July 2018, 19:48
Mmmmm !!!!!!!! Breakfast.

stocktake
18th July 2018, 20:18

just drive faster and make the time up you have no excuse to miss this one can do a late prize just for you..

andy
No problem matey, lets see, leaving isle of Skye at around noon and it is just over 600 miles So see you at Thryburgh at around 10pm if we don't need to stop for a toilet break :D

ssizefive
19th July 2018, 17:51
Should be OK for this one Andy.

Steve.

boater
19th July 2018, 18:32
Sorry Andy - won't be able to make this as I will be aboard a boat in Norfolk.

Hope it will be a great day for everyone.

Howard

Trueiron
21st July 2018, 21:20
Count me in mate

andy willi
24th July 2018, 06:49
Count me in mate

added to the list

andy willi
24th July 2018, 06:50
Should be OK for this one Andy.

Steve.

added to list

whitegold
25th July 2018, 18:21
Put me down for this Andy please.

andy willi
26th July 2018, 06:50
Put me down for this Andy please.

on the list

andy

Diesel Driver
31st July 2018, 19:22
I'll be there Andy. Thanks for organising the Meet and thanks for your help and advice in the past. Regards John

andy willi
3rd August 2018, 17:22
I'll be there Andy. Thanks for organising the Meet and thanks for your help and advice in the past. Regards John

now on the list
andy

Nige B
5th August 2018, 19:01
will try and make this Andy...as long as nothing gets in the way .

peteroveros
10th August 2018, 18:20
Add me to the list please Andy.

andy willi
13th August 2018, 16:21
will try and make this Andy...as long as nothing gets in the way .

o9n the list

andy willi
13th August 2018, 16:22
Add me to the list please Andy.

added to the list

phatfiesta75
6th September 2018, 11:45
Hi Andy hope you're ok, clutch and gearbox still going strong 👍🙂 hey put me down too please mate be good to catch up again.
Kind regards ste

andy willi
7th September 2018, 18:10
Hi Andy hope you're ok, clutch and gearbox still going strong 👍🙂 hey put me down too please mate be good to catch up again.
Kind regards ste

added to list

phatfiesta75
7th September 2018, 23:11
Thanks Andy cheers, Andy have you changed your number mate tried ringing today but doesn't seem to be working 🤔

deltic08
8th September 2018, 02:58
Still not driving yet after recent stroke. May have to come in wife's Punto as she is happy to drive my Freelander, but doesn't like to drive my ZTs.
I will apply a little pressure.
To be confirmed Andy.
Do you still have your blue 'chicken shed'?
Adrian

ROVER2003
9th September 2018, 15:55
hi all setting this meet up but with a twist in it the meet will be at the normal place

THRYBURGH COUNTY PARK
DONCASTER ROAD
THYRBURGH
ROTHERHAM
S65 4NU

THE DATE IS SUNDAY 07 /10/2018

now for the twist if anyone can get me a picture from the top of conisbrough castle and arrive at the meet before 11 am i will pay for your breakfast (to the value of £10) and refund the admission fee to the castle the picture must be date stamped to avoid any cheats . first confirmed picture will win

there will also now be two awards given out on the day .

best car of the day ( not the clean one just the best car )

first to arrive prize . ( this wont include me or my no2 brian )

meet starts at 10,30 am .

all awards will be given out by 1pm just in case you need to leave early.

please put your names down for this .

will update when i can but work hinders me so could be slow to do it .

andy

1 andy
2 actros
3 ssizefive
4 Trueiron
5 whitegold
6 Diesel Driver
7 peteroveros
8 Nige B poss
9 phatfiesta75

I might be able to go not sure but if so I will be in the rover 75

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

elroy
9th September 2018, 22:45
Hi Andi add me to the list please :}

andy willi
22nd September 2018, 17:56
hi all unfortunately i wont be there as i have taken a new job and will be in germany for a training course on the day of the meet so your yorkshire region old hero will be running the meet sorry for this but work has to come first , i will still buy the breakfast for the first picture from conisbrough castle ( brian will pay and claim it back from me ) please take loads of pictures for me i will miss you all sorry

andy

prizes will still be awarded

Bluejon
25th September 2018, 22:42
Bluejon & Silvervixen please Brian.

John & Jan.

Rev Jules
4th October 2018, 09:28
Hi Andy.

We could be attending this if okay with you.

Rev

actros
4th October 2018, 11:38
Hi Andy.

We could be attending this if okay with you.

RevYou will be welcome Jules

andy willi
6th October 2018, 14:34
list now updated and the weather forecast is good have a good day tomorrow ,

andy

Rev Jules
7th October 2018, 08:16
It says meeting at the normal place,??? where is that then, in the park itself.

Rev

elroy
7th October 2018, 15:13
Thanks for a good day, Deb's enjoyed herself today 😀75698756997570075701757027570375705

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

elroy
7th October 2018, 15:15
A few more7570675708757097571075711

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

Rev Jules
7th October 2018, 18:46
Excellent day, good to meet up again with some of the Mad Hatters, please dont ask???, and a several others, nice bright day a tad on the chilly side.
The Black Pearl won her first trophy for best car on the day, first one in my ownership.

Many thanks Andy and Brian for supervising.

Rev and Dawn

Bluejon
9th October 2018, 19:47
https://i.imgur.com/JBLRNTv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/sINS3g0.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SYQaIfK.jpg

Whilst attending the breakfast meet held at Thrybergh Country Park,Rotherham on Sunday 7th October 2018 a group of us went round the Lake to visit the Park Bench placed by members of the Rover 75 and MGZT Owners Club in honour of a very special & greatly missed Lady Eve White the late Wife of Brian White [Actros] who sadly passed from us in 2012.

As a token of our Respect & appreciation for Eve & all she did for this club of ours over many years,our group placed plants in a pot by the bench in memory of a Lady we knew all too briefly,but met at many a meet & social gathering becoming great Friends with her & Bri, it just remains to say, may we respectfully borrow the Inscription from the bench;-

'STAY A WHILE AND REST ON LIFE'S JOURNEY'

From all of us Eve.....Jan & John.

RS.Our sincere apologies to Dave [Stocktake] & the rest of the Yorkie crew for not mentioning if it had not been for all the organising,fund raising & shear dedication by all involved with this, this project may not have happened,we would very much like to say a special thank you once again to Dave,Marina Tatts & everyone involved.

actros
9th October 2018, 20:18
https://i.imgur.com/JBLRNTv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/sINS3g0.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SYQaIfK.jpg

Whilst attending the breakfast meet held at Thrybergh Country Park,Rotherham on Sunday 7th October 2018 a group of us went round the Lake to visit the Park Bench placed by members of the Rover 75 and MGZT Owners Club in honour of a very special & greatly missed Lady Eve White the late Wife of Brian White [Actros] who sadly passed from us in 2012.

As a token of our Respect & appreciation for Eve & all she did for this club of ours over many years,our group placed plants in a pot by the bench in memory of a Lady we knew all too briefly,but met at many a meet & social gathering becoming great Friends with her & Bri, it just remains to say, may we respectfully borrow the Inscription from the bench;-

'STAY A WHILE AND REST ON LIFE'S JOURNEY'

From all of us Eve.....Jan & John.

John and friends i would to thank you all for the kind words of my late wife Eve she is missed ever day.

stocktake
9th October 2018, 20:31
I remember every detail of organising this along with Tatts ( former member) and others from the Yorkshire region. Even down to the "reveal" where we had to send runners around the lake to make sure the bench was in position and then kidnapping Brian to take him to the site of the bench.
It was worth all the red tape, meetings and cash organising for the end result and to see Brian's reaction.
Rest in peace Eve a special lady.
Dave...

Bluejon
10th October 2018, 11:53
Many thanks to Andy [andy willi] & second in command Brian [Actros] for resurrecting the Thrybergh Breakfast Meet on such a lovely day,meeting up with Friends old & new.

It also gave a group of us;-Brian,Bri & Linda,Julien & Dawn,Jan & Myself, the opportunity to visit [for the first time] the park bench re-p34 placed by the Lake in memory of Brians [Actros] Wife Eve.

A couple of pics of 4 of our small band of 'Mad Hatters' cars lined up in the Sun,many thanks all who attended,congratulations to Roy [Elroy] & Wife for winning a trophy for being first car there,also To Julien [Rev Jules] & Dawn for winning best car.

https://i.imgur.com/QvhlkyK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hHRAp0V.jpg