PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel

bigmark
3rd November 2008, 21:24
Hi my r75 has got black marks on the steering wheel (from where the wheel is griped) is there any way of cleaning this or is it a case of a new wheel.

thanks for any advice.

Dragrad
3rd November 2008, 21:26
Try some Iso-Propanol Alcohol, works a treat for all sorts of stubborn stains. But be careful. Try it on a little bit first that cannot be seen. Worked well on mine after the greae-monkeys had been all over it:)

baxlin
4th November 2008, 09:11
Sounds silly, but try a damp cloth first. I was parked up the other day, early for an appointment, and noticed the steering wheel was dirty - just general grubbiness. So I delicately spat onto a duster, and used this to clean a bit of the wheel.

I had to do the rest later, of course, and used an even better method, Leather wipes from Tesco at around £3 a pack, but at a push the "spit and polish" method would have worked.

Malcolm

majedm75
4th November 2008, 11:24
Tried a product from GS27 (German product) but did not do the job. Tried warm water on a micro-fibre and worked well. Finished the job with a product from Meguiar's for leather :lol:.

Pilch
8th November 2008, 20:48
I tried several things to clean a horrible lookig wheel, washing up liquid, meths, white spirit and spit to mention a few. The best cure I found was to blame the previous owner and then fit a new wheel. Looks a treat, gone from all leather to wood and leather.

baxlin
12th November 2008, 16:26
I tried several things to clean a horrible lookig wheel, washing up liquid, meths, white spirit and spit to mention a few. The best cure I found was to blame the previous owner and then fit a new wheel. Looks a treat, gone from all leather to wood and leather.

Can I have first dibs on it then when it gets dirty? :D