PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Club Calendar

GreyGhost
5th November 2008, 20:15
Your club has decided to produce a pictorial calendar for 2009.
The format will be A3 glossy.

The cost will be £ 12.95 including delivery by first class post to UK.
Other destinations at cost

Submissions are limited to one per subscribed member so if you want to enter then you must subscribe. It’s only £3.00
See here Clicky (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=9) for an example of the kind of pic we are looking for

You are each invited to submit 1 picture only of your car for possible inclusion in the calendar. Scanned pictures must be 300 DPI A4 or digital photographs must be high quality for print at 2480px x 1748px in landscape mode.

A 4 megapixel camera will in most cases output 2288px x 1712px this can be adjusted upward to the required size with only very minor loss of quality. Most cameras will output at the desired resolution or greater, which can be reduced to the required size without loss of quality.

Obviously only twelve can be chosen, this by the club team. Our cars will not be included and the teams selection will be final.
We are considering a group photo of 75's and ZT's for the front cover so if you have any suitable quality pics from any of the meets they will also be considered.

Submissions should be in jpeg (100%) or pdf landscape format, if you would prefer to submit your offering in TIFF or RAW format that will be acceptable. All files will be converted to .pdf for onward transmission.

To submit your photograph:- You must compress your file before uploading to ensure it's integrity during transit. (.sitx .sit Zip Tar etc.......)
Please name your file using your forum username or part thereof.
Point your web browser at. http://idisk.mac.com/mgzt180-Public Be patient please.
Double click on the folder "Club Calendar 2009"
Click Upload.
Click Choose file.
Select your file.
Click Choose.
Wait until upload is complete before closing your browser window.

Mac users can access this public folder from the Go/Idisk menu. User name mgzt180
Password protection has been disabled for the duration of this exercise.

Owing to time constraints at this time of year we can only accept photos for the next two weeks closing at midnight
Wednesday November 19th.

Small print
Copyright of submitted pictures must belong to the person submitting them, this to be transferred to the club for the purposes of creating the calendar.
This is to cover the club in the event stock or studio photographs are submitted. Personal ownership, ie your own photographs, the club simply requires your permission which we will take as read by your submission.
We also need to know whether you have a preference for displaying your number plate, or not. Blanking out of number plates may possibly render the picture unusable.

JohnDotCom
5th November 2008, 20:17
Ooh A Club Calendar sounds Great.
Better get the Camera out and Car on the Beach!

Simon
5th November 2008, 20:19
Ooh A Club Calendar sounds Great.
Better get the Camera out and Car on the Beach!

A great idea indeed John - but us greenies are exempt my friend :o

Christopher
5th November 2008, 20:20
Our cars will not be included ...

Ahem!! :D :D

Edit: Snap Simon!

Jürgen
5th November 2008, 20:23
Very good idea! :pic:

JohnDotCom
5th November 2008, 20:28
Ahem!! :D :D

Edit: Snap Simon!

It was Worth a Try.....:getmecoat: ;)

stocktake
5th November 2008, 20:31
Oooo that idea rings a bell :D

Dave Goody
5th November 2008, 20:31
Is this going to be anything like the W.I. one
Jan Kandyman
Feb GG
Mar Simon
Apr JDC

etc. nude across a 75 bonnet????:o:o:o:o:o

Greeners
5th November 2008, 20:32
can you try and make it a split between 75's, ZT's, saloons and tourers please....

Simon
5th November 2008, 20:33
etc. nude across a 75 bonnet????:o:o:o:o:o

I'll have you know I drive a ZT :p: :D :D

Nude on a 75.... Well I never.... :jedi:

GreyGhost
5th November 2008, 20:35
can you try and make it a split between 75's, ZT's, saloons and tourers please....

It will to some extent rely on the best pics but we will do our best.
In a different world it would just be Mk1 ZT's in XPG Just like err erm, yours and Daves............Oh yes and :getmecoat:

@Stocktake, definitely not my idea Dave. :)

Greeners
5th November 2008, 20:36
It will to some extent rely on the best pics but we will do our best.
In a different world it would just be Mk1 ZT's in XPG Just like err erm, yours and Daves............Oh yes and :getmecoat:

Now there's a though...XPG cars only........

Dave Goody
5th November 2008, 20:38
I'll have you know I drive a ZT :p: :D :D

Nude on a 75.... Well I never.... :jedi:

Is it worth contacting Anna:o:o:o:o:getmecoat:

GreyGhost
5th November 2008, 20:40
Is it worth contacting Anna:o:o:o:o:getmecoat:

For photograph of her car definitely.

sworks
5th November 2008, 20:48
What a great idea.......silver tourer shot in HDR! can i go RED for two weeks :getmecoat:

zojosc
5th November 2008, 21:37
Well if it's like the WI one my baby's not taking her top off!!:wss:

Ken
6th November 2008, 06:37
Well done to the club for another good idea showing the club is going from strength to strength :) If a group picture is being thought about for he front cover could I suggest two possible pictures. There was a picture of the cars parked in a curve at Holker Hall and the first Beaulieu meet taken from the monorail. I don't have them but they are on the site somewhere. I know the quality won't be good enough but perhaps the original is still with the member.

Great idea and looking forward to ordering mine :D

Well done everyone :D

Ken

majedm75
6th November 2008, 11:13
nude across a 75 bonnet????:o:o:o:o:o

Dave: Why do you want to spoil the looks of the cars??? :p:

Great idea for the calendar. I'll be waiting for mine also ;)

Ken's idea is great about the group picture, but how about this picture from this year's Beaulieu meet? (with the permission of its owner off course :lol:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=181223&postcount=4

Ken
6th November 2008, 11:21
Ken's idea is great about the group picture, but how about this picture from this year's Beaulieu meet? (with the permission of its owner off course :lol:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=181223&postcount=4

Going by memory I think that ones even better than the one I suggested. I had forgotten about this picture :getmecoat:

GreyGhost
6th November 2008, 11:30
So far only 1 file uploaded. Labelled 75(2).jpg. I'm sorry to say that it is far to small to be of use 373 X 280 32K .jpg. If you have the original and it complies with the file size requirements in the OP then feel free to upload again.

Thanks

Christopher
6th November 2008, 11:34
Going by memory I think that ones even better than the one I suggested. I had forgotten about this picture :getmecoat:

If only we could photoshop out that errant car in the foreground though ... ;)

GreyGhost
6th November 2008, 12:08
If only we could photoshop out that errant car in the foreground though ... ;)

No problem doing that as long as the original is of the required resolution.

stocktake
6th November 2008, 15:43
I will be out with my camera and old bus at the weekend, haven't got a clue about size, format etc. I assume previous pikkies of mine are correct format?

I simply point and shoot

And for pictures, I do the same :D:D:D
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff289/stocktake/DSCF0028-1.jpg

GreyGhost
6th November 2008, 15:48
Your picture is 1024 x 768 Dave needs to be twice that resolution, read your camera manual re:- Very High Quality photographs. Anything less than the quoted numbers in my OP will be rejected as not suitable for print.

stocktake
6th November 2008, 15:51
Your picture is 1024 x 768 Dave needs to be twice that resolution, read your camera manual re:- Very High Quality photographs. Anything less than the quoted numbers in my OP will be rejected as not suitable for print.

Instructions probably say, time to buy a new camera :D

adrenalin rush
6th November 2008, 17:33
Christmas just has to be a 75 with ....................Pipe , Slippers & Cardidan
Near by:D:D:D

Jürgen
6th November 2008, 17:36
So far only 1 file uploaded.

It's far too difficult to decide which one to use ... :shrug:

So, how many pics are allowed? ;)

JohnDotCom
6th November 2008, 17:37
Come on read the Post. ;)

You are each invited to submit 1 picture only of your car for possible inclusion in the calendar. Scanned pictures must be 300 DPI A4 or digital photographs must be high quality for print at 2480px x 1748px in landscape mode.

Ken
6th November 2008, 17:43

Its not a prize draw Juergen ;)

GreyGhost
6th November 2008, 17:51

I like the ones with my car in them best. Hint hint. :D

Jürgen
6th November 2008, 19:18
Come on read the Post. ;)
So the 1 has been there before? :nastypc:

... I don't believe that, that post has been edited! :D

I like the ones with my car in them best. Hint hint. :D

Like this one? Our cars are on the left, well, a bit far to the left, I admit. :D

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/7149/img2121bi7.jpg

Bluejon
6th November 2008, 19:57
Well done to the club for another good idea showing the club is going from strength to strength :) If a group picture is being thought about for he front cover could I suggest two possible pictures. There was a picture of the cars parked in a curve at Holker Hall and the first Beaulieu meet taken from the monorail. I don't have them but they are on the site somewhere. I know the quality won't be good enough but perhaps the original is still with the member.

Great idea and looking forward to ordering mine :D

Well done everyone :D

Ken

Hi Mick,

Would have to agree with Ken on the Beaulieu picture for front cover,I have this on my desktop,also looking forward to ordering two calenders when ready,in the meantime sorting out a good pic to send in,trouble is I have that many I cant make my mind up which one to use.

Best Regards.

John.

Simon
6th November 2008, 20:12
If you're having trouble deciding then choose pictures with appealing backgrounds ;)

briantilley
6th November 2008, 22:28
Hi, GG.

How long would you expect a 6MB file to take to upload?

The iDisk screen has now been sitting there with "Loading" displayed for some 15 minutes after data transfer on my broadband link finished.

Thanks!

briantilley
6th November 2008, 22:38
Hi, GG.

How long would you expect a 6MB file to take to upload?

The iDisk screen has now been sitting there with "Loading" displayed for some 15 minutes after data transfer on my broadband link finished.

Thanks!

OK, I should have waited just a bit longer - it's finished OK now :)

Just a thought - how are you going to know who uploaded each picture, or doesn't that matter?

If it helps, my file is called zt.zip, and the image itself is ZT-3.jpg. It's sized to A4 at 300dpi, as requested.

GreyGhost
6th November 2008, 22:48
Thanks Brian.
I did ask in the OP for forum username to be used as the file name, I'll alter yours on the server.

Good luck

briantilley
6th November 2008, 22:49
Thanks Brian.
I did ask in the OP for forum username to be used as the file name, I'll alter yours on the server.

Good luck

Sorry - I missed that! Thank you very much, GG.

If there is a problem, let me know and I'll upload a correctly-named file tomorrow.

I'm off to bed now...

GreyGhost
6th November 2008, 23:01
Sorry - I missed that! Thank you very much, GG.

If there is a problem, let me know and I'll upload a correctly-named file tomorrow.

I'm off to bed now...

Sorted, Lovely car. :)

Rob75
6th November 2008, 23:29
right time to get the camera out i think, im a complete novice when it comes to cameras, all i know is that i've got a fujifilm S 5600 with 5.1 mega pixels is that any good?:confused:

podge
6th November 2008, 23:30
Has anybody checked to see the printers have lots of SILVER ink!!!:getmecoat:P.

GreyGhost
6th November 2008, 23:53
right time to get the camera out i think, im a complete novice when it comes to cameras, all i know is that i've got a fujifilm S 5600 with 5.1 mega pixels is that any good?:confused:

Available resolutions on your camera =
Still Image: 2,592 x 1,944 (5.04 million) / 2,736 x 1,824 (3:2) / 2,048 x 1,536 / 1,600 x 1,200 / 640 x 480 pixels

Set it for 2,592 x 1,944 shoot in landscape mode (camera the right way up) , will be just about perfect. :)

Rob75
7th November 2008, 00:04
thanks GG will have a practice now!:lol:

Bluejon
7th November 2008, 02:23
Hi Mick,

Can you please assist,my camera is also a FUJIFILM but an S3500 the info says 4.0Mil effective pixels,2272X1704 recorded pixels,would this be alright or not big enough,many thanks.

Best Regards.

John.

GreyGhost
7th November 2008, 07:13
Hi Mick,

Can you please assist,my camera is also a FUJIFILM but an S3500 the info says 4.0Mil effective pixels,2272X1704 recorded pixels,would this be alright or not big enough,many thanks.

Best Regards.

John.

Set it on highest quality and that will be OK John.

willshot
7th November 2008, 11:32
ZT is well "blathered" at the moment but it's supposed to be sunny on Monday if the Met office can be believed. I will endeavour to take said vehicle and pose it somewhere scenic before taking some pics. :lol:

stocktake
7th November 2008, 13:55
ZT is well "blathered" at the moment but it's supposed to be sunny on Monday if the Met office can be believed. I will endeavour to take said vehicle and pose it somewhere scenic before taking some pics. :lol:

And pray tell which car wash will that be at Will? :laughing2:

willshot
7th November 2008, 14:35
And pray tell which car wash will that be at Will?

Tempted as I am to use the local spit & Polish, Dave, I will be washing the ZT by hand myself. In fact I've already done it. Now I have to work out how to get it a couple of miles to the photo location without it getting "blathered" again. :mad: :mad:

Bluejon
7th November 2008, 16:37
Set it on highest quality and that will be OK John.

Hi Mick,

Jan has kindly sent in a pic under Johns Car,could you please let me know if size is ok,many thanks.

Best Regards.

John & Jan.

GreyGhost
7th November 2008, 17:42
Size is OK, John, pic is a little fuzzy but I can sharpen it up a bit.

sworks
7th November 2008, 18:43
i am now off work till Tuesday - just need 1 nice day

sworks
7th November 2008, 18:45
after all the judging has been done do we get to see all the entrys?

GreyGhost
7th November 2008, 18:51
I'll put a gallery up as soon as we have completed the choosing.

willshot
7th November 2008, 20:51
Is there a closing date for entries ??????????????

GreyGhost
7th November 2008, 20:53
Is there a closing date for entries ??????????????

Yes. ;)

sworks
7th November 2008, 20:54
November 19th

Dave Goody
8th November 2008, 19:44
Size is OK, John, pic is a little fuzzy but I can sharpen it up a bit.

To save me cleaning mine, if I send a pic of it dirty, can you clean it and polish it up a bit??:lol:

FROGGY
8th November 2008, 19:45
Put pic on but not sure if you have it?

Waited 25 minutes, still showed downloading, shutdown link, went back in and it is listed. Is it OK?

Mick

GreyGhost
8th November 2008, 21:12
Put pic on but not sure if you have it?

Waited 25 minutes, still showed downloading, shutdown link, went back in and it is listed. Is it OK?

Mick

Sorry to say it is not complete, please try again.

You have a PM

GreyGhost
8th November 2008, 21:14
To save me cleaning mine, if I send a pic of it dirty, can you clean it and polish it up a bit??:lol:

I'll post a pic of mine, they'll never know. :D

JohnDotCom
8th November 2008, 21:35
Tut Tut, I heard that GG. :D

Jürgen
9th November 2008, 13:07
Tut Tut, I heard that GG. :D

It might be just your imagination, John. :D

trebor
9th November 2008, 19:16
Great idea for a club calendar and i will be buying for definite, pity you cant afford to do a daily calendar and accomodate 365 members instead of just 12 !

I have a question and an idea for the mods to consider:

Q: Will only completely original cars be considered, i want to submit a picture of mine but it has non standard wheels fitted.

I: You will no doubt receive lots of great quality pictures that dont make the calendar so will you consider putting them all in a gallery section on the forum somewhere, that way those that miss out on the calendar can still take some comfort from seeing a quality picture of their beauty in all its glory on the site ?

GreyGhost
9th November 2008, 19:28
Quality of the photograph, clarity, artistic merit, background, oh yes and any members car regardless of modifications. Stock photos are also welcome providing the proper copyright rules are adhered to. That's the criteria.

As for a gallery after the event.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=249842&postcount=52

trebor
9th November 2008, 19:34
Thanks for the clarification GG, i did see the reference to the gallery but read that as just the 12 making the calendar, so my mistake

GERFIX
10th November 2008, 06:03
GG, I tried yesterday uploading a picture but it seemed to sit forever saying loading (I mean hours). It's a 5.5MB zipped file. Can you tell me if it's OK? Cheers. http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

GreyGhost
10th November 2008, 08:40
Yes that arrived safely.

GERFIX
10th November 2008, 10:07
Yes that arrived safely.
Great, thanks GG.

podge
10th November 2008, 10:23
I thought of sending a picture of Jules's new machine with my number plate...do you think I would be tumbled!P.

majedm75
10th November 2008, 10:43
I have a nice picture of my car, but it's in half the required resolution. Good weather needed to take new pictures. Now where is Ken when we need him??? ;)

JohnDotCom
10th November 2008, 16:28
Come on all you Pros, Semi Pros and Amateurs,
you are running out of time,
Where's your Pictures?

Reebs
10th November 2008, 19:08
If it would just stop raining for a minute, we could all dash out with our cameras and get clicking.

I'm thinking of trading my car in for a Rover "Ark" Club SE. Not much to look at, but plenty of leg room in the back for all those animals it's designed to hold :D.

JohnDotCom
10th November 2008, 19:45
Nothing looks better than a Snow Scene, a Flood, or even a Autumn Storm
as long as the Plenums keep empty.
Not all Months of the Year on Calendar have to be sunny. http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

trebor
10th November 2008, 21:36
i will be submitting and have a picture in mind taken at the weekend, but the deadline is still a few days away so i wait in case i get the opportunity to take something better

RoverDance
10th November 2008, 22:13
The way the weather is at present I think April is going to be awfully oversubscribed.

Simon W
11th November 2008, 12:31
digital photographs must be ....... for print at 2480px x 1748px in landscape mode.

2480x1748 is 1.419:1 (W:H). Does it need to be this exact ratio GG?

(An FX sensor is slightly different - i.e. 1.503:1 - so image would have to be cropped to match your print ratio exactly).

GreyGhost
11th November 2008, 12:45
That's the criteria required by the printers to produce an A4 size print in landscape mode, they will not do any post processing except for a very large sum of money. I will have to adjust almost all of the pictures submitted so far so that the horizontal axis is 2480 or thereabouts. Just as close as you can Simon. Pshop can do the rest.

Simon W
11th November 2008, 13:12
Ok GG.

(re-sizing to 2480W is easy but H won't be 1748 without cropping).

davediamond
11th November 2008, 20:20
Ok, probably a stupid question but I can't find any compresion software on my computer. Is there a free program available anywhere?

Cheers

Dave

GreyGhost
11th November 2008, 20:45
Ok, probably a stupid question but I can't find any compresion software on my computer. Is there a free program available anywhere?

Cheers

Dave

Just send as is it will be OK.

davediamond
11th November 2008, 21:05
Just send as is it will be OK.

Thanks GG

willshot
12th November 2008, 10:00
I'm not very good at the photo thing. Simon can you check my upload to see if it's acceptable, please.

GreyGhost
12th November 2008, 10:21
I'm not very good at the photo thing. Simon can you check my upload to see if it's acceptable, please.

Simon can't help you as he has not seen any of the uploaded pics. Your picture is of the correct size but is a little blurred. I can sharpen it but it would be better if you have if you have a sharper one at the same resolution?

willshot
12th November 2008, 11:22
Thanks GG.
I've just been with an 8 mp camera and a 3.1mp uncompressed but by the time I'd got to the location (1.5 miles) the car was well blathered. Heffing dirty farmers !!!!!!!!!!!
I can't be bothered to take any more now, sorry.

GreyGhost
12th November 2008, 12:09
I'll have a play with one submitted.

willshot
12th November 2008, 13:30
Hi GG. I relented and did some more pics with my new 8.1mp camera. Once I'd mastered it I took some more pics. One is uploaded as willshot2.jpg, can you have a look at it for me , please.

stevemac
12th November 2008, 13:39

Cheers

Dave

There is no point in trying to compress a jpeg. Its already compressed.

GreyGhost
12th November 2008, 13:52
There is no point in trying to compress a jpeg. Its already compressed.

There is every point, using a compression tool on a file puts a wrapper round it thus making it less likely to be corrupted during transit. As you may note using a compression tool on an already compressed file will in fact increase the file size.
In most cases the file will arrive intact regardless of how it is treated. So don't be too concerned about it. If any arrive damaged I will of course ask for them to be re-submitted.

calibrax
12th November 2008, 15:02
Ooh this is a great idea! I'll get my camera out this weekend once I've picked up my ZT. :)

slickster
12th November 2008, 19:23
Do we/you need to 'hide' the reg number or are they to be left on show?

I've got a front, side and rear shot of my car in front of a nice backdrop but don't know which is the best! They are all kind of equally as good as each other, it's just difficult to know which the judges may prefer a front to a side or a side to a rear...

GreyGhost
12th November 2008, 19:36
Do we/you need to 'hide' the reg number or are they to be left on show?
That's your choice. I won't be blanking any. :)

I've got a front, side and rear shot of my car in front of a nice backdrop but don't know which is the best! They are all kind of equally as good as each other, it's just difficult to know which the judges may prefer a front to a side or a side to a rear...
Just one please, you choose.

Bluejon
12th November 2008, 21:07
Hi Mick,

Hope you dont mind I have uploaded another pic,I am also not very clued up with the workings of digi cams,can you please let me know if this one is any better.

I have also inadvertently uploaded the same pic as Bluejon 11 can you please delete this one,many thanks.

Best Regards.

John.

GreyGhost
12th November 2008, 22:08
Hi Mick,

Hope you dont mind I have uploaded another pic,I am also not very clued up with the workings of digi cams,can you please let me know if this one is any better.

I have also inadvertently uploaded the same pic as Bluejon 11 can you please delete this one,many thanks.

Best Regards.

John.

The file has been corrupted in transit. Please reopen the file in Seriph PhotoPlus. Then from the file menu choose Export, Save as type jpeg, name the file then save. Send the resulting file. Thanks.

Villa Villan
12th November 2008, 23:27
Does the picture have to be of a whole 75 /ZT shot ???...Is any outer body bit close up? OK??.

Cheers
Tony

GreyGhost
12th November 2008, 23:42
Does the picture have to be of a whole 75 /ZT shot ???...Is any outer body bit close up? OK??.

Cheers
Tony

All pics will be given careful consideration, arty shots of parts of the cars just as much as whole car and backgrounds.

Bluejon
13th November 2008, 20:46
The file has been corrupted in transit. Please reopen the file in Seriph PhotoPlus. Then from the file menu choose Export, Save as type jpeg, name the file then save. Send the resulting file. Thanks.

Apologies for the mix up in uploading,I notice there are two pics showing at 8mb Bluejon 23 & Bluejon J20,they are both the same pic can you please delete Bluejon 23 and let me know if Bluejon J20 is ok,many thanks.

Best Regards.

John.

GreyGhost
13th November 2008, 20:56
Apologies for the mix up in uploading,I notice there are two pics showing at 8mb Bluejon 23 & Bluejon J20,they are both the same pic can you please delete Bluejon 23 and let me know if Bluejon J20 is ok,many thanks.

Best Regards.

John.

The `Seriph Photoplus files .Spp that you are uploading are not compatible with Seriph Photoplus Version 5.5 which I am currently running on XP Pro in VPC
I have also asked one of our expert PC users to check and they have the same issue that I have. The file is not compatible with the current software.
Once again please follow the simple and precise instructions in my last post and send the file as a .jpg.

Thanks

Keith
14th November 2008, 22:20
I wonder what resolution Carlos took of his car doing dohnuts on the beach as this is one of my favourites :

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/image.php?u=80&type=sigpic&dateline=1202834618

JohnDotCom
14th November 2008, 22:47
Must admit i use to like seeing that.

calibrax
15th November 2008, 19:42
I've uploaded 2 pics (calibrax01.jpg and calibrax02.jpg) and for some reason the 2nd pic has gone into the main directory not the calendar one... dunno why. Also uploading both pics in a single zip file (calibrax.zip).

The pics are larger versions of the first 2 pics I posted here :

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=16054&page=43

If any of the others would be suitable, let me know, and I can upload the bigger versions of those as well. :)

Simon
15th November 2008, 19:44
Thanks for submission. Grey Ghost will sort out the erroneous file misplacement when he's next online. :)

GreyGhost
15th November 2008, 19:52
Please keep your entries to one picture per member. Uploading more than one means that I have to make a choice as to which one to enter, which may not be your first choice.
Thanks

Jürgen
15th November 2008, 21:03
Thanks for submission. Grey Ghost will sort out the erroneous file misplacement when he's next online. :)

GG offline? He's a ghost, therefore always online. :D

Uploading more than one means that I have to make a choice as to which one to enter

How many pics per hour is the limit? I have a "few" more I'm pondering about. :D

Ahem, no, I didn't say nothing ... :nastypc: ... better I'm off now.

:getmecoat:

Jürgen
16th November 2008, 20:56
Ahem ... *bump* :pic:

Come on, what's going on? :shrug:

There must be lots and lots of pics out there, suitable for this special occasion. Remember, there's a closing date. ;)

GreyGhost
16th November 2008, 21:01
Thanks for the panoramas Juergen, and the fine pic of your car. :)

Closing date is Wednesday 19th November at midnight or a second before. So keep your pics coming.

trebor
17th November 2008, 09:35
Just uploaded let me know if received as although scrollng blocks have gone completely from left to right, it still shows as loading.

I was hoping to get a better pic but had to give up because of weather and not being able to keep car clean.

Simon W
17th November 2008, 09:57
Just uploaded let me know if received as although scrollng blocks have gone completely from left to right, it still shows as loading.

Rob - I think the 'loading' clock is not showing actual progress. It just kept going when I tried it - so after 20 mins I closed the web page and reopened it. The pic file was already in the calendar directory even though the clock had indicated it was still being uploaded.

Perhaps GG can confirm uploads are there or not.

GERFIX
17th November 2008, 10:00

I was hoping to get a better pic but had to give up because of weather and not being able to keep car clean.

Rob - I think the 'loading' clock is not showing actual progress. It just kept going when I tried it - so after 20 mins I closed the web page and reopened it. The pic file was already in the calendar directory even though the clock had indicated it was still being uploaded.

Perhaps GG can confirm uploads are there or not.
That's what happened to me. Everything was fine though as GG confirmed.

Simon W
17th November 2008, 10:10
Ah, thought so.

Hope zip file was ok.

trebor
17th November 2008, 10:12
thanks guys, have closed down an reopened and the file is there so all appears well

GreyGhost
17th November 2008, 10:16
Files arrived safely. Thanks chaps. :)

rayzor
17th November 2008, 10:27
just sent my photo but alas did not name it so sorry it shows as 234 do want me to resend it rayzor

GreyGhost
17th November 2008, 10:30
No problem I'll rename it. Thanks

BT@Home
17th November 2008, 11:39
Have added a pic (ztt 013.zip). I am traveling so don't have access to any of my normal pic editing/resizing tools. I can update it later if required.

Reebs
17th November 2008, 15:40
GG, I'm having problems......

Tried to upload what I thought was a zipped jpeg I had created, but screen just kept saying "loading" even after a good half hour.

So followed other members advice and quit program, but when I reopened it I couldn't see it had uploaded.

So am now trying to upload the original jpeg un-compressed (as per your advice earlier in thread)

This too has so far taken 2 hours with it still saying "loading"???

If all else fails, can I email you the picture as a jpeg?

Thanks Mick,

Paul.

GreyGhost
17th November 2008, 15:55
I picked up your .zip file at 12.51 and I have just picked up your .jpg.
As they come in I am downloading them and also moving the original into a folder called "processed" to keep track of new ones. Perhaps I moved yours while you thought it was still uploading. A 1 megabyte file should take no more than 4-5 minutes to upload under normal circumstances.

The only one that has been a problem was named Green Dream which was incomplete. I think we know who that is. :D

GreyGhost
17th November 2008, 15:58
Have added a pic (ztt 013.zip). I am traveling so don't have access to any of my normal pic editing/resizing tools. I can update it later if required.

Thanks that'll do as is. I have renamed it.

Reebs
17th November 2008, 16:06
O.K excellent, please keep the jpeg and discard the Zipped one (it has a fag but on the ground, which I've removed in the jpeg version).

Is the size o.k, it's just short of your stated spec at 2048X 1496 pixels

I do have another which is larger than neccesary, but was taken today, and doesn't show the car's colour properly- overcast days make the Lagoon look blue :(

I'd rather not submit it, but will if I have too.

GreyGhost
17th November 2008, 16:27
That'll do, must have been hard work scraping that yellow line off the tarmac. :D

Jules
17th November 2008, 21:32
I thought of sending a picture of Jules's new machine with my number plate...do you think I would be tumbled!P.

Heh
Just taken some with an autumn leafy backdrop.
Aorora is invisible:D
Oh well I'll have to find some snow somewhere close to here as a contrasting backdrop!

The Yellow Peril
18th November 2008, 13:32
Hi

Sent a zipped and an unzipped version of the same phot just in case.

Hope they arrived ok

Yellow Peril

rayzor
18th November 2008, 15:12
gg. is it still one photo per member as i have a idea that might work. and is is this wed the closing date. rayzor

GreyGhost
18th November 2008, 15:17
If you have a picture that you would prefer to use then please upload it.
The cut off date is tomorrow Wednesday at midnight. We are cutting it pretty fine to get the pics selected and sent to printers, they send us a sample to approve before we agree the order. Need to get all completed and in our shop before Christmas. That's the plan. :)

The Yellow Peril
18th November 2008, 23:19
Hi

Sent a zipped and an unzipped version of the same phot just in case.

Hope they arrived ok

Yellow Peril

Hi GG did my picture arrive ok?

Andrew

GreyGhost
18th November 2008, 23:21
Both times. :) Thanks

Jules
19th November 2008, 00:07
after all the judging has been done do we get to see all the entrys?

You can see all the entries if you know where to look;)

GreyGhost
19th November 2008, 00:17
You can see all the entries if you know where to look;)

That will be locked at midnight tomorrow. I will as I said in an earlier post put up a gallery of the entries in good time.
Now then where's this Aurora in a snowdrift picture? :)

JohnDotCom
19th November 2008, 08:07
Now then where's this Aurora in a snowdrift picture? :)

"Borrowing" the "Aurora" later and putting on runway for Action Scene with Snow Machine, (well thought a Airport Fire truck using the Foam outlet would be close) Sssh don't tell Jules. ;)

Heavy Snow forecast Saturday here, Friday Scotland, what a shame.

majedm75
19th November 2008, 20:14
GG, is it still possible to upload a picture? I tried earlier and I got the message "We're sorry but you cannot upload any document" :o

GreyGhost
19th November 2008, 20:45
GG, is it still possible to upload a picture? I tried earlier and I got the message "We're sorry but you cannot upload any document" :o

arrived. :)

Reebs
20th November 2008, 08:27
Well the deadline has come & gone, so I guess we'll not hear anything from Grey Ghost & the other judges until they come out from their little locked room, as they play their own version of "Strictly Come Parking"

Lets hope it's not too agonising an experience to choose 12 pictures, I certainly wouldn't want to do it !

Maybe each still could be set a daily challenge, and the one that fails is voted off, you could call it "I'm a ZT get me out of here"

Whatever happens, I'm sure the winning images will have "The MGR Factor" - where's Simon Cowell when you need him.

Good luck Mick :oops:

Ken
20th November 2008, 09:07
Mine is going to be 'December' as Mick has told me its going to be a cold day when I get mine on the calendar :D

ok its an old one but I couldn't resist ;)

GreyGhost
20th November 2008, 09:20
And there was me thinking your pic was one of the best Ken.;)

I will do my best to get the other mods and the admins to choose their favourites. Once a decision has been made I will set up a gallery of those submitted and those chosen for the final print.

Thanks to the those that submitted pictures of your cars.

Ken
20th November 2008, 11:24
And there was me thinking your pic was one of the best Ken.;)

I will enter for next years calendar as my camera is not up to the job. The emulsion of salts on the photographic plates was sadly lacking this year ;)

and my Nokia is far too old to take a decent high quality piccy :o

JohnDotCom
20th November 2008, 18:36
is far too old to take a decent high quality piccy

A bit like yourself then? :eek: ;) :smilie_re: I'll get my own :getmecoat:

Ken
20th November 2008, 18:40
A bit like yourself then? :eek: ;) :smilie_re: I'll get my own :getmecoat:

Just about yea :o

sworks
21st November 2008, 20:45
I was asked to sort pics for a work calendar, had last weekend and this to sort pics. Didn't get time to take any of my car :cry: Good luck everbody

Jürgen
22nd November 2008, 07:44
Didn't get time to take any of my car :cry:
Will there be a 2010 edition, too? .... I think so, if the number of orders will be sufficient. :)

Christopher
22nd November 2008, 08:30
Will there be a 2010 edition, too? .... I think so, if the number of orders will be sufficient. :)

It does depend on sales, a lot of effort goes on behind the scenes on these things, and of course there is the initial cost too. If it is not worthwhile financially (ie we don't recover our initial outlays) then we can hardly repeat it next year.

But let's see how we go with sales this year :)

The Yellow Peril
22nd November 2008, 12:38
when can we expect to find out which cars are in?

Andrew

ampwhu
22nd November 2008, 13:28
let me know when there on sale. i'll have 2 please

Kandyman
22nd November 2008, 13:44
when can we expect to find out which cars are in?

Andrew

Hi,

A announcement will be made with the winner entries soon, just bear with us while we finalize the wining pictures as it takes a while for us all to be online and look and make a vote that we all agree on :)

Kandyman
22nd November 2008, 13:46
let me know when there on sale. i'll have 2 please

Watch out for a forum announcement :)

And i am goinf to be buying 3 :)

1 for me
1 for my folks
1 for work

Bluejon
22nd November 2008, 18:30
I would like to buy 3 Calendars when ready.

1.Jan.
1.Myself.
1.Jans Dad.

Best Regards.

John.

Jules
22nd November 2008, 18:37
No nudes in this year's I believe!
(did you still want 3?):D

Paranoid Carlos
22nd November 2008, 21:46
I will defianately have one. just picked up on thread.:getmecoat:

trebor
23rd November 2008, 08:09
No nudes in this year's I believe!
(did you still want 3?):D

You know what they say Jules - " No nudes is good nudes "

Kandyman
23rd November 2008, 11:15
I will defianately have one. just picked up on thread.:getmecoat:

Shame as your sig picture would of made a good entry :)

Teflon
23rd November 2008, 15:37
Shame as your sig picture would of made a good entry :)

Funnily enough, that photo just came up on the main club page as I logged onto the site. It immediatly put me in mind of the calendar photos, so I came straight here for the latest news and read your comment. Great minds eh?

It is one ofthe nicest 75 pics I've seen.

Cliff

Reebs
2nd December 2008, 23:03
Are you Mods any closer, or is the jury still out?

Christmas is coming you know, and I've got to get my list off to Santa :D

GreyGhost
3rd December 2008, 08:47
We are just about to the send pics off then we will be awaiting the proof from the printers. We are reluctant to post the content until we have seen the proof just in case we have to substitute any of the pics. That would be very disappointing to whoever suffered the change.

Reebs
3rd December 2008, 09:39
O.K,

Thanks for the update G.G

GERFIX
11th December 2008, 16:10
Any further news chaps? Just nudging the thread really.......:Snow:

GreyGhost
11th December 2008, 16:19
Proof received, some minor adjustments required. Once we have seen the second proof we intend to go live. We are in the hands of the COD of printing but very soon now.

trebor
11th December 2008, 22:05
sounds fishy to me !

Reebs
11th December 2008, 22:15
While we await news of the Calendar, how about having an ADVENT CALENDAR for next Xmas, with a different member's car behind each door?

25 pictures to reveal over the 2009 festive period, what fun eh!

I'd 'bags' the 18th Dec cos it's my birthday that day :xmas:

Kandyman
23rd December 2008, 18:28
Just so you know the calenders can now be ordered, see this thread :)

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=266008#post266008

Allegroboi
27th December 2008, 19:23
Recieved mine just before xmas, I must say, it is fantastic and worth evey penny. Anybody who has not already ordered one should do so now.

Ian