PDA

View Full Version : Battery warranty claim after 4 years my experience with Tayna batteries

BigAde
9th November 2018, 19:25
After spending several hundred on new clutch, master, slave and DMF I was more than a little annoyed when my battery started dying on me too ... at first it just seemed a bit sluggish in starting... not hugely, just enough to be noticeable. I charged it overnight and all seemed good for a few days. Then the problems came back ending in me having to use my jump pack to start the car when trying to leave work one day.

Checking voltages, it started off at 12.9V after a full charge and was down to below 12.5V 24 hours later (all with the battery off the car).

It is a Varta silver dynamic battery, bought specifically at the time because it had a 5 year warranty. I checked the paperwork and discovered that I'd bought the battery in the spring of 2014 from Tayna batteries. I'd been impressed with the service at the time (less than 24 hours from ordering to delivery and a price match to the best price I could find online).

So thinking that that the warranty wouldn't be worth the paper it was written on, I emailed them, copying in my original order number. They asked me to do some tests and get some meter readings which I duly provided. They then responded and to my surprise agreed that they would replace the battery under warranty. Less than 24 hours later, a brand new Varta Silver Dynamic battery turned up which I quickly fitted and have been fine these past two weeks. I was advised to safely dispose of the old one, so that's gone to the council recycling station.

To be honest if they'd have said 'you've had 4 years use out of it, so we'll give you 20% off the cost of a new battery', I'd have said that was probably fair enough, but hats off to them for putting their money where their mouth is with honouring the warranty with no quibbles.

Nice to know that good service and good price can go hand in hand.

MSS
9th November 2018, 19:30
Thank you for posting such a positive story.

75driver
9th November 2018, 19:42
Nice one. Always good to hear of a supplier living up to their warranty promises.
Excellent customer service I’d say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roverbarmy
9th November 2018, 19:55
We used to use Varta batteries on our fleet vehicles and they used to outlast the vehicles in many cases! We fitted them to anything from company cars to 40 tonne artics. We only had one faulty one (which had a dodgy cell) and it was replaced free of charge. +1 on Varta batteries. :bowdown:

BigAde
9th November 2018, 20:03
We used to use Varta batteries on our fleet vehicles and they used to outlast the vehicles in many cases! We fitted them to anything from company cars to 40 tonne artics. We only had one faulty one (which had a dodgy cell) and it was replaced free of charge. +1 on Varta batteries. :bowdown:

Yes, I had a similar recommendation from a friend a few years ago who is a fleet manager. Varta make all the Bosch batteries anyway, yet the Varta brand is cheaper.

DMGRS
9th November 2018, 20:20
Picked up a battery for the Phaeton from them last year - excellent service.

VVC-Geeza
9th November 2018, 22:27
Worth taking your old battery to a scrappy licensed to take them.I got £8 for mine from the 75 and £7 for the one from the 45.All helps if you are having to pay for a replacement :}

Arctic
10th November 2018, 00:06
I have Varta E44 on both my cars as you say good batteries ;) link below check out the prices from the other makes they sell too.

Excellent result after four years use so good on them to stick to the 5yr warranty.

https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/types/096/

spongeh
10th November 2018, 11:48
I have Bosch or Varta on everything we own and most have been bought from Tayna.

Excellent service for excellent batteries and a great price ... can't ask for more really :D

vacuman
10th November 2018, 17:01
Already the cost of having to supply a replacement battery (which they can probably reclaim anyway) has been well rewarded by all this positive publicity.

Doing the 'right thing' is so easy that you do wonder why some firms risk reputation by trying to wriggle out of their liabilities.

BigAde
12th November 2018, 20:39
Already the cost of having to supply a replacement battery (which they can probably reclaim anyway) has been well rewarded by all this positive publicity.

Doing the 'right thing' is so easy that you do wonder why some firms risk reputation by trying to wriggle out of their liabilities.

Agree, well put. And I think that's what was going through my head when I decided to post the story on here. We are all very quick to complain when things go wrong (well I am anyway :D), but we must also be sure to give praise where it's due.