PDA

View Full Version : Simply stunning

victorgte
24th December 2018, 21:42
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F 283309562446

I’m playing the lottery this week.

trikey
24th December 2018, 22:46
Nice, apart from drilling the rear quarter for the lpg filler!

tantallon
25th December 2018, 03:52

Why would anyone do that? Had it not been for that I would have genuinely been making them a reasonable offer on that one .

Les4048
25th December 2018, 05:24
Why would anyone do that? Had it not been for that I would have genuinely been making them a reasonable offer on that one .

Any panel beater/sprayer could weld that up no problem so make him an offer

tantallon
25th December 2018, 06:42
Any panel beater/sprayer could weld that up no problem so make him an offer
Would always know it had been messed with and so would everybody else .
So its a no from me for the time being .

Les4048
25th December 2018, 08:13
Would always know it had been messed with and so would everybody else .
So its a no from me for the time being .

If done properly you’d never see it. A friend of mine got an aerial hole welded in on his TF and there’s no way you can see it. If a true professional does it it’s undetectable

Dawn
25th December 2018, 09:35
Tom Hobbs near me could do the actual fabrication and weld cheaply and you would not know after paint .

tantallon
25th December 2018, 09:35
If done properly you’d never see it. A friend of mine got an aerial hole welded in on his TF and there’s no way you can see it. If a true professional does it it’s undetectable

I appreciate that but paint wouldn't be original plus extra cost etc etc
Moneys not really an issue Originality is

keithst24
25th December 2018, 09:42
Where are the Vortex wheels :xmas-smiley-008:

victorgte
25th December 2018, 10:14
I don’t see it as a problem. LPG filler is a badge of honour for me. My car is a V8 and I can afford to run it every day. All very subjective and each to their own. If only I could buy it.

Les4048
25th December 2018, 10:18
Tom Hobbs near me could do the actual fabrication and weld cheaply and you would not know after paint .

Exactly my point Dawn. I’ve looked at his pictures on his website, a true craftsman

Les4048
25th December 2018, 10:21
I appreciate that but paint wouldn't be original plus extra cost etc etc
Moneys not really an issue Originality is

You’re confusing me, money is not an issue but extra cost is! Plus any part of the car could’ve been painted in the past and as I said previously if done properly it’s undectable. As to originality just how far do you carry it as lots of parts can be replaced in a car’s lifetime

tantallon
25th December 2018, 12:33
Yes then having the filler cap repositioned .At the end of the day .My money my choice .Why create a discussion about my thoughts about what I spend it on .When I buy one it wont have been welded and probably wont have been painted.

myrover2013
25th December 2018, 18:31
would not touch it with a barge poll , as if you get a bump the insurance companies out there just write it off

championdaddy
25th December 2018, 19:45
That is a LOT of pipes under the hood !

Looks like a snakes birthday party !

victorgte
25th December 2018, 20:04
would not touch it with a barge poll , as if you get a bump the insurance companies out there just write it off

Collect the insurance payout, keep the car and have it repaired. Win win every time and you get to keep the V8. Cat C or D would not be a problem for me personally. It’s a V8.

m2n
25th December 2018, 20:20
How much, could almost buy a new one....:xmas-smiley-008:

marinabrian
25th December 2018, 20:38

Yeah, I remember a certain V8 with an LPG conversion where the filler had been located with similar disregard for longevity, and also remember the relocation to behind the numberplate.......Nice.

As to this car, the only stunning thing about it is the price :icon_rolleyes:

bl52krz
25th December 2018, 22:50
Yes then having the filler cap repositioned .At the end of the day .My money my choice .Why create a discussion about my thoughts about what I spend it on .When I buy one it wont have been welded and probably wont have been painted.
But your NOT buying it so there is no problem anyway? If I had the money( donations accepted) I would haggle with him and then buy it as is. Nothing wrong with it. Gas conversion done at first registration so again, no problem. Would love to give it a home.

MSS
26th December 2018, 11:16

Surely, that applies to all MGR V8's not just this one?

The solution is to insure appropriately.

How much, could almost buy a new one....:xmas-smiley-008:
Would that be the new Dacia Sandero Zero-degree V(8 minus 5)? :xmas-smiley-008:

tantallon
26th December 2018, 11:30
But your NOT buying it so there is no problem anyway? If I had the money( donations accepted) I would haggle with him and then buy it as is. Nothing wrong with it. Gas conversion done at first registration so again, no problem. Would love to give it a home.

After 40 years in the engineering trade .I think I have sufficient knowledge to decide whether I think there is anything wrong with it .My opinion is that it is not right .Send me your details and I will send you a donation as requested.

ceedy
26th December 2018, 11:49
You all seem to be slightly missing the Eye watering VED on this lil fella :D:D :icon_lol: