PDA

View Full Version : I absolutely hate the V bulletin editor

Keith
10th February 2007, 19:05
Stupid Stupid tiny little box in the middle of my screen :mad: :mad: :mad:

Every time I create or reply to a thread I curse this horrid excuse for an interface.

Especially if I am trying to create a How to with pics in it I then find my formatting goes to pieces and as for my spelling I always seem to miss loads of my own mistakes until I click submit :)

How many of you seasoned forum followers have ever come across a proper full screen editor that can seemlessly be called when creating a post?

Are there any macros etc that would open up a page in MS Word or something?

Rich
10th February 2007, 19:48
When doing my guides or whatever, I ALWAYS use notepad.

Type away, copy, paste to forum, click preview, go back to notepad, edit, copy, paste, preview, etc.

Tim
10th February 2007, 20:08
I run Word in the backgroud as my speeling is disusting. Seems to work okay.:lol:

Keith
10th February 2007, 21:29
Yes I use Word as well just messy!
I know! obvious answer, type less ;)

JohnDotCom
11th February 2007, 08:19
Come on Keith After 1490 Posts NOW you are moaning, I hated it on 1st post! As long as its fairly readable do people worry so much about Spelling & odd Typo? But everything else can be a real pain as you say.

Keith
11th February 2007, 10:48
More like about 50,000 posts on the various forums I play with
It was really just a question out of curiosity.

V bulletin is such a popular product you might expect there are all sorts of tools that can be integrated with it by the user but having searched around I have not found any which just seems very odd in the PC world of constant change and customisation

Ken
11th February 2007, 10:56
Mine has a spell checker on but I may have put that on myself. Alongside the switch editor mode button.