PDA

View Full Version : Drivers seat adjuster

Dawn
9th February 2019, 14:53
So I had my seat repaired today and he's done a stunning job but I am a little worried. While removing the seat the adjuster that moves it forward and back has snapped. The handle looks fine but when you pull it its not attached to anything behind any more. He says he will order one Monday but looking on Rimmers it looks obsolete. So now I wont get an mot. I am worried now! Its a manual drivers seat. Not sure if black or ash. :(

KLM
9th February 2019, 16:33
Ask one of the parts dealers on here to send you the part you have snapped off.
so your repair man can weld it to your seat.
A photo of the damage will help the dealer to see what is required.
Kev.

stevestrat
9th February 2019, 16:47
The handle pulls a cable that releases the slide mechanism, if the seat has been out possible the cable or the return spring has come adrift :shrug:

Dawn
9th February 2019, 16:49
He told me the plastic snaped the other side the handle? Its back in the car and you cantsee the damage so I dont know ��

Arctic
9th February 2019, 22:03
He told me the plastic snaped the other side the handle? Its back in the car and you cantsee the damage so I dont know �� Dawn it will the front handle then is it still attached ? and will the seat move forward & backwards ? if not then as above sound like cable as come detached.

Dawn
10th February 2019, 03:29
Hi Steve, yes the front handle is the problem. Its there but when you pull its just loose. He said when he took that side panel off it was stuck. He jarred it and the plastic at the back somwhere where it connects has snapped off. Its not the cable. You can put your hand under the seat and pull it to move the seat. Looking at Rimmers I can only assume its no 12 thats needed as that all the plastic bits???? But its obsolete. I think he will discover this Monday when trying to order :(

Dawn
10th February 2019, 12:28
Here are some pictures of the repair which I think you will agree is very good. In the bottom cushion picture, you can see that the front handle is sitting quite a distance from the seat like it is just hanging there not attached....

slovcan
10th February 2019, 13:37
Would it be simpler to get a seat from a wrecker and have your guy put your covers (and cushions, if necessary) on that replacement seat? Those seats must be a dime a dozen.

Cheers,
Glenn

Dawn
10th February 2019, 16:01
If I can find a seat then swapping the broken part would be easier. He said its a very quick switch.

wullie480
10th February 2019, 16:36
If I can find a seat then swapping the broken part would be easier. He said its a very quick switch.

I’ve my old zt sitting here so will have what you’d need.
I’ll drop you a pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawn
10th February 2019, 20:01
I think its the side panel that houses the handles, but he didn't go into detail as he thought he could get one. Let me speak to him tomorrow and try and get clarification. Thank you so much!

Dawn