PDA

View Full Version : Part number Question - diesel fuel pump

baxlin
11th February 2007, 15:36
I've done a search here, and come up with

WFX 100933

as the part number Lates quoted for the fuel pump for diesel models.

I understand there are 2 fuel pumps, I need the one next to the battery in the engine bay, the tank one having been replaced last year.

Is this the correct number for this pump, if not, does anyone have the correct number please?

(As payment for this info, I gave out two flyers this morning - in person, not just left on the windscreen!)

Thanks in advance

Malcolm

WeeMan
11th February 2007, 16:21
EPC I have is too old to be of any use to you.

simpsora
11th February 2007, 16:22
In tank pump - WFX 100933.
under bonnet pump - WQB 100482.
I think, but someone else may be able to confirm (or otherwise).

baxlin
12th February 2007, 08:35
Thanks, WQB 100482 is indeed the part I want.

Pump ordered from Rimmer Bros. Only £12 cheaper than local dealer, P&P almost brought them even. Then I remembered I'd have a 25 mile round trip to collect from the dealer.........

Hope to fit it on Saturday (unless the car needs it earlier!), so if there are any tips, or probs to look out for???

Thanks

Malcolm

Isis
14th February 2007, 22:43
I made an enquiry with British Car Parts in January http://www.britishcarparts.uk.com/

Both pumps have been superceeded. The remote (ie under bonnet) was WQB100481 now WQB100482 priced £130 and the tank pump was WFX100932 now WFX100933 priced £170. With carriage and VAT that makes £361.30 - both pumps are in good supply and delivery was by courier, next day.

There is also a site which locates parts held by participating dealers called Partspool.com http://www.partspool.com.

To replace the front pump, you will get better access if you remove the battery tray (so make sure you have the security code for your radio). This is held in with 4 torx bolts and if you are unlucky, corrosion will have got to them. I had to wedge the side of tray over to get to the bolt that holds the pump strap. Once this is done, removing the old pump is not too hard, however, fitting the new one requires the use of some nimble fingers and some long nose pliers to get to the bottom clip. It might be that some jubilee clips will be easier than the original spring clips. Be prepared for some frustration, the bottom hose is short and there is not much leeway.

JohnDotCom
15th February 2007, 00:21
Ah the joy of MK 2 Facelift models, only one pump none under Bonnet.

Mike
15th February 2007, 04:37
Ah the joy of MK 2 Facelift models, only one pump none under Bonnet.

:smug mode: definitely on here eh ;) lol

JohnFol
15th February 2007, 07:14
Is the mk 1 in-tank pump the same as the mk-2 in tank pump?

Just wondering if my under bonnet pump fails, if it really needs replacing or just bypassing?

JohnDotCom
15th February 2007, 08:36
:smug mode: definitely on here eh ;) lol

Not so much Smug Mode just contented Mike had all sorts of Problems on my MK1 R75 Fuel Delivery problems, so it was a welcome alteration on replacement FaceLift car. :pillow: :getmecoat:

baxlin
15th February 2007, 09:19

Just wondering if my under bonnet pump fails, if it really needs replacing or just bypassing?

Good question - I wonder if Rimmer Bros do refunds.....................:D

pondweed
15th February 2007, 14:26

no, the facelift, single pump in tank system is about 275 plus vat.....

Roverron
15th February 2007, 17:03

That's worth a try.
As far as I know, the pumps are interchangeable.
The later number is because vdo no longer make the earlier one. No doubt because they realised they were NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-!

Ron

JohnDotCom
15th February 2007, 17:37
That's worth a try.
As far as I know, the pumps are interchangeable.
The later number is because vdo no longer make the earlier one. No doubt because they realised they were NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-!

Ron
Well Put Ron!

baxlin
17th February 2007, 16:09
designed the location of the underbonnet fuel pump?

Changed mine today, thought initially I could get away with not removing the battery box, I carefully drilled a largish hole through from the inside, so I could get at the clamp screw.

This worked fine, clamp removed no problem, but as I think Keith said, there's very little slack in the fuel pipe, so you can't get at the bottom fitting, without removing the lot. I lost count of the pipe/cable clamps I had to undo, the worst being the 3 underneath the box batt box mounting.

The last straw was when I dropped my 8mm socket and small extension bar behind the engine, and it rested on the undertray. Mercifully I could see it, and the magnet-taped-to-a-stick "special tool" recovered it.

Good news is everything works again, so I treated the car to a wash and polish. Along with cutting the lawn, it's been a good day, to be topped off with going to see my favourite singer, Barbara Dickson, in MK tonight!!

Malcolm

Edit: And she was brilliant!!!

JohnFol
8th June 2007, 14:06
Just need to re-incarnate this.

I have a 2001 CDT with the in-tank pump replaced a few months back. Car currently not starting and the suspision is the under bonet pump.

From reading this thread facelift models only have 1 pump. So, with the new rear pump, do I really need to replace the under bonet one ?

Roverron
8th June 2007, 14:22
Just need to re-incarnate this.

I have a 2001 CDT with the in-tank pump replaced a few months back. Car currently not starting and the suspision is the under bonet pump.

From reading this thread facelift models only have 1 pump. So, with the new rear pump, do I really need to replace the under bonet one ?

If you have an under bonnet one it will need to be replaced.

If you mean, can you do away with it, in theory, yes. But I don't know anyone who has so can't say whether it is a guaranteed bodge!

There's only one way to find out....

Ron

JohnFol
8th June 2007, 14:47
agreed!

Logically if I have the same in-tank pump as those that only use 1 pump I should be ok .. .. .

however I need the car running and don;t have time to experiment. . .

baxlin
8th June 2007, 15:01
John, I presume you have tried tapping the under bonnet pump while an "assistant" is trying to start the car?

(RAC man's expertise, 2nd hand of course)

Malcolm

pondweed
8th June 2007, 15:17

no its not.. cant remember the part no. but its about £250 I seem to remember, and I recollect someone else saying they had been advised to ditch the underbonnet one and fit the later one...

JohnFol
8th June 2007, 17:00
Just so I get that straight. . . With a new in tank pump I can ditch the under bonet one?

JohnDotCom
8th June 2007, 22:45
Again awaiting result of someone actually doing this.
In theory if you fit the MK2 in tank shouldn't need under Bonnet one,
but as far as I know, no one has tried it.
Having the MK2 not in postion to test this theory.
If you try it please report back.

pondweed
9th June 2007, 06:49
echo that - my information was gleaned not first hand so you would need to be sure yourself from the evidence before going forward! (i'm now in the bittersweet position of having an original oem intank pump WFX100933 sitting in a box to use, so wont be able to try out what I was thinking too, unless I sell it to buy the mk2 version!) If someone is desparate for one...

pondweed
9th June 2007, 07:06
and the tank pump was WFX100932 now WFX100933 priced £170.
just to clarify - these are the early and later part nos for the in tank which required an underbonnet pump. there is a separate part no for the mk 2 in-tank pump!
an old rimmers catalog gives inc of VAT
WFX100933 217.16 (the revised mk 1 pump)
WFX000350 £223.88 (Mk2 from 5D332301)

JohnFol
9th June 2007, 12:09
ok, so I would be unable to try as I have the revised mk1

I wonder if a Mk 2 would fit in a Mk 1 . ./??

JohnDotCom
9th June 2007, 13:15
Perhaps Mike with his Contact at XPart (or anybody else of course) might be able to find the definitive answer for us all.

lathbury
31st August 2016, 19:32
Thanks for all the replies, the part no is WFX100933, The number 0 has a line through it, continental fashion, making it look like a number 8. At least I know I have the right pump. Now I need someone to fit it after my hols. Thanks again, John.

Heddy
31st August 2016, 19:43
Thanks for all the replies, the part no is WFX100933, The number 0 has a line through it, continental fashion, making it look like a number 8. At least I know I have the right pump. Now I need someone to fit it after my hols. Thanks again, John.
Ain't been off the road for 9 years have ya John? :D
If you do it yourself, this is a fabulous how to from Steve. (Arctic.)
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=2257555&postcount=1