PDA

View Full Version : It's just that time of year... isn't it?

m2n
26th March 2019, 11:28
Two inch screw in the rear tyre, not able to repair.... so new tyre :duh::getmecoat:It was brand new last year :shrug::shrug::shrug:....... The good thing is, one nice CLEAN new tyre.....:p:

willshot
26th March 2019, 13:53
On my daily walk today I picked up about 20 two inch brass screws that had been dumped in a layby. Some people :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Arctic
26th March 2019, 15:50
It's all those DIY people they are getting ready for the good weather to repair their fences and do some wood work in the gardens sheds etc :D

cbr1100xx
26th March 2019, 16:52
I know that feeling.....few weeks ago had 2 new tyres fitted to the rear , it was during some pretty windy weather.
About a mile from home , hit a small object in the road , front then back wheel , got home and checked both tyres and still up.
That was lucky.
Went out 1 hour later and the rear was flat , jacked it up , removed wheel , had a good look .......nothing.
Connected it to airline and hiss , small nick in the side wall about 5mm long.
1 scrap tyre.
Nuts

Stan

Teflon
26th March 2019, 17:03
A few years back, I noticed a screw head in the tyre on my wifes mini :mad:. The tyre was still holding air, but rather than temp fate, I took it along to a local tyre place to see if it could be repaired.

The tyre fitter grabbed a pair of pliers, and pulled out the worlds tiniest screw! It seems the screw was broken before it was driven over and it was just the head, and a tiny amount of thread, that had stuck to the tyre. Phew!!:}

Cliff