PDA

View Full Version : MG Harrogate 2019

ricardo65
21st June 2019, 19:40
Northern Nationals

Sunday 4th August 10am onwards

We have been invited to represent the Rover75 Mgzt with a club stand again this year the event is held at Patleybridge showground in my opinion one of the nicest showground around with easy access into patleybridge itself there is alot more happening within the show as well there are over 20 traders booked to come along including several parts dealers also a craft corner - pyrography local brewery offering commemorative bottles of beer, charity stands over 20 clubs booked in already and several non Mg stands the list is still growing also there's a prize for the best club stand .

In addition to the usual Concours classes they have introduced a novice class so anyone who hasn't shown before can enter there car and not feel to overshadowed by the big guns

The good news is after talking to Maureen we can pay at the gate on entry to the showground the cost is 」5 per person also we can park any marque of car on our club stand not just 75 or Zt s so if you no longer own a 75 or want to show another another marque or just want to turn up in your daily driver everybody's welcome so lets have a good club get together at this one guys and gals if you would like to attend this meet please add your names to the list below

Thanks Richard

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance

due to not having public liability insurance we will not be allowed to erect any structures that may cause injury to others on the club stand such as flags ,banners gazebos etc

Harrogate 2019

https://www.harrogate-news.co.uk/events/harrogate-mg-and-classic-cars-2019/

Attendees

Ricardo65
Ssizefive
LotusLC and Lydia
Gordyb
Fusilier
Elroy
Littleulk
Suzublu
Dave Lincs
pye81
Robson
M.atty.G
Maxicrawf
Bigd
Bri and pink Duchess
Mgpete
Peteroveros
Damian-c15
Marshap123
Stocktake
Rover2003
Nickc
Chloeclo

ssizefive
21st June 2019, 20:54
I will be there, just not sure which car I will be in yet though.

Steve.

ricardo65
22nd June 2019, 08:16
I will be there, just not sure which car I will be in yet though.

Steve.

name added to the list Steve looking forward to this one a very good day out :}

LotusLC
22nd June 2019, 09:10
Will give the Atmosphere a run out for this show Rich.

Blower 4.6
22nd June 2019, 13:45
Will be there this year with 001 freshly painted and with quite a bit of mechanical work under its belt,to get a bit more reliability in to it,have been invited to park up with Chris Flannagan of MG Retro lifestyle who carried out the work,as a long termer of the 260's and have usually parked with them but looking forward to meeting some of the owners of who frequent this site.

ricardo65
23rd June 2019, 09:42
Will give the Atmosphere a run out for this show Rich.

nice one Gary you and Lydia added to the list :}

Will be there this year with 001 freshly painted and with quite a bit of mechanical work under its belt,to get a bit more reliability in to it,have been invited to park up with Chris Flannagan of MG Retro lifestyle who carried out the work,as a long termer of the 260's and have usually parked with them but looking forward to meeting some of the owners of who frequent this site.

yeah will be good to have a look under the bonnet again catch up with you on the day

GordyB
23rd June 2019, 11:32
I値l be there Rich, not sure what car though !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ricardo65
23rd June 2019, 18:23
I値l be there Rich, not sure what car though !

name added gordy :}

elroy
23rd June 2019, 22:42
add me to the list for this one Rich :}

ricardo65
24th June 2019, 17:53
add me to the list for this one Rich :}

Roy name added matey :} anymore joining us on this fantastic day out

suzublu
24th June 2019, 18:41
Might have a run down Rich;):cool:

ricardo65
24th June 2019, 19:25
Might have a run down Rich;):cool:

nice one Ron be good to have a catch up with you :}

pye81
26th June 2019, 20:41
Rich.

please put me down for this on cheers:}

ricardo65
27th June 2019, 06:30
Rich.

please put me down for this on cheers:}

Andrew glad you can join us at this great meet name added to the list :}

RobSun
27th June 2019, 11:24
I will try to get over too but it will be in the Dolomite. Really enjoyed this show in the ZT-T in the past so looking forward to it.

Ian G
27th June 2019, 15:03
Unfortunately I can't make it this year(clashes with British Superbikes at Thruxton) but if you have never been to MG Harrogate then I urge you to go along. It's easily one of the best shows around at a fabulous venue.
Hope the sun shines for you all.
Cheers Ian

ricardo65
27th June 2019, 19:08
I will try to get over too but it will be in the Dolomite. Really enjoyed this show in the ZT-T in the past so looking forward to it.

name added to the list bob hope you can make it in the Dolomite like you I always enjoy this show :}

Unfortunately I can't make it this year(clashes with British Superbikes at like you say Thruxton) but if you have never been to MG Harrogate then I urge you to go along. It's easily one of the best shows around at a fabulous venue.
Hope the sun shines for you all.
Cheers Ian

that's a shame Ian as I know you enjoyed this show the last time we represented the club here, like you say it is a very well organized show and in beautiful settings and well worth making the effort for a great day out :}

bigd
16th July 2019, 11:13
Hello Richard please put our names down for this event cheers Derek:bowdown::bowdown:

ricardo65
21st July 2019, 12:45
Hello Richard please put our names down for this event cheers Derek:bowdown::bowdown:

that's great Derek names added to the list :} only two weeks to go to this fantastic meet so if you want to join us on the club stand you are very welcome to remember its pay on the gate so you still have plenty of time to get your names down :}

BRI
22nd July 2019, 21:54
Bri and the Pink Dutchess will be there please

ricardo65
23rd July 2019, 06:28
Bri and the Pink Dutchess will be there please

Bri names added :} anymore joining us for this fantastic meet

ricardo65
24th July 2019, 16:04
Midweek bump on this meet not long to go now be nice to have a few more members joining us on the club stand :}

ricardo65
27th July 2019, 10:07
The mg northern Nationals are only a week away if you was thinking of joining us on the club stand could you please add your names to the list as I will be booking our attendance with Maureen very soon so she can allocate us an area to park together I will book a few extra spaces to allow for late attendees this is a cracking meet in a very picturesque place if you've never been its well worth the effort to attend if your name is not on the list you can turn up on the day but there may not be room on the club stand and could well end up parking in the general parking looking forward to this one

Regards Richard

peteroveros
28th July 2019, 06:54
Could you pop me down as a possible please Rich.

ricardo65
28th July 2019, 17:56
[QUOTE=peteroveros;2750854]Could you pop me down as a possible please Rich.[/QUOTE

Name added to the list pete hopefully you'll be able to make it :}

Not long to go now still plenty of time to add your names to the list

Damian-c15
30th July 2019, 07:42
I hope to get there if all goes to plan... looking forward to seeing a few faces from the past lol...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ricardo65
30th July 2019, 18:01
I hope to get there if all goes to plan... looking forward to seeing a few faces from the past lol...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Damian name added to the list be good to catch up with you :}

anymore for this meet there's still plenty of time to add your names to the list will also be booking a few extra places for latecomers :}

ssizefive
30th July 2019, 21:11
Could you add my brother to the list please Richard, just seen him tonight & he is going to join us - Marshap123.

Thanks
Steve.

ricardo65
31st July 2019, 06:38
Could you add my brother to the list please Richard, just seen him tonight & he is going to join us - Marshap123.

Thanks
Steve.

glad he can join us again Steve name added to the list :}

anymore joining us there's still plenty of time to add your names remember its pay on the gate so you can turn up on the day and still enjoy this fantastic day out :}

stocktake
31st July 2019, 08:44
I think I'm going to this in the Sunbeam :)

GordyB
31st July 2019, 09:51
Any convoys going down from the NE?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

stocktake
31st July 2019, 10:56
name added to the list bob hope you can make it
Don't think Bob Hope will be there :getmecoat:

ricardo65
31st July 2019, 11:11
Don't think Bob Hope will be there :getmecoat:😂😂 not unless we dig him up a bit of punctuation needed 😂😂

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

ricardo65
31st July 2019, 18:06
List updated and numbers for the club stand have been handed in to Maureen as always I've allowed for a few extra spaces for late entries :}

Steve( ssizefive) has kindly volunteered to help with the general setting up identifying the club stand and directing the club cars into the right area so on arrival please keep a eye out for Steve (thanks steve:bowdown:) if the area allows we will park herringbone as usual we are aiming to be set up by 10am

Can I just remind everyone that we have no public liability insurance on the club stand so please don't erect any structures flags or banners

Ill be setting off at 7am and picking up roverroy en route meeting up with Dave Lincs and mg pete at ferrybridge around 815 then convoying to patleybridge if anyone else want to join us you are very welcome to

There is still plenty of time to add your names to the list if you want to join in the club fun, so see you all on Sunday only one more thing to say enjoy yourselves and have a great day :}

Sdeh
1st August 2019, 15:04
I値l be there I知 going 3rd and 4th could you try put me on the list and I値l join you guys

ricardo65
1st August 2019, 15:43
I値l be there I知 going 3rd and 4th could you try put me on the list and I値l join you guys

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThomas your on the list see you on Sunday 😁

ricardo65
2nd August 2019, 06:24
Early morning bump :} still plenty of time to add your names :}

ricardo65
2nd August 2019, 19:41
A quick update from Maureen the showground is all ready and they expecting a very good attendance over the next couple of days we are looking to have a very good club turnout :} there is still time to add your names to list as I've requested extra parking spaces for the club :} not long to go now

stocktake
2nd August 2019, 20:28
So, what time slot do we need to arrive in?

ricardo65
2nd August 2019, 20:51
So, what time slot do we need to arrive in?

anytime from 9am onwards Dave hopefully have the club stand parked up for around 10am :}

stocktake
2nd August 2019, 21:03
anytime from 9am onwards Dave hopefully have the club stand parked up for around 10am :}
I best set off at 6am in case there are any hills :D

ricardo65
2nd August 2019, 21:08
I best set off at 6am in case there are any hills :D😁 there are only a few it's a lovely drive into patleybridge excited to see the sunbeam

Fusilier
2nd August 2019, 21:48
Looking forward to the show, and for the first time in over 15 years, will not be entering the concours event, just be on the club stand

Planning on leaving at around 0800 hrs ad should take around 1 1/2 hrs to get there

See you all Sunday

Stu

Ravinder
2nd August 2019, 21:49
Is there anyone travelling from around oxford area or from that area or further south to the Harrogate meet? I need a little favour. Thanks.

Sdeh
2nd August 2019, 22:30

I値l be there I知 sleeping in the car tomorrow night I知 bring some wheels what I知 selling for 5 quid for the 75 and zt

Sdeh
2nd August 2019, 22:40
Is there anyone travelling from around oxford area or from that area or further south to the Harrogate meet? I need a little favour. Thanks.

Depends which way your coming if you going tomorrow I知 setting off at otley so if you come around the area tomorrow I値l join you

Sdeh
3rd August 2019, 05:06
Got up early to clean the 75 just did the first stage on cleaning still have 3 more hopefully I get it done in the next hour

stocktake
3rd August 2019, 06:49
Got up early to clean the 75 just did the first stage on cleaning still have 3 more hopefully I get it done in the next hour

Sign of an enthusiast :) look forward to seeing you on Sunday

stocktake
3rd August 2019, 06:50
😁 excited to see the sunbeam

Don't get too excited Rich, photos can be very flattering :o (unless there of me :D )

ricardo65
3rd August 2019, 07:08
Don't get too excited Rich, photos can be very flattering :o (unless there of me :D )😁 im sure I won't be disappointed Dave see you in the morning

ricardo65
3rd August 2019, 07:11

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkGood on you Thomas will finally get to meet you tomorrow 😁

Fusilier
3rd August 2019, 14:47
Have made the decision, and will be using Gruple tomorrow, for the show, seeing as it is an MG Show, so see you all tomorrow.

have given it a very quick wipe over this afternoon, so as not to turn up in a grubby car and embarrass the other beautiful 75/ZT owners cars

Stu

ricardo65
3rd August 2019, 15:07
Have made the decision, and will be using Gruple tomorrow, for the show, seeing as it is an MG Show, so see you all tomorrow.

have given it a very quick wipe over this afternoon, so as not to turn up in a grubby car and embarrass the other beautiful 75/ZT owners cars

StuNot sure which one I'm coming in tomorrow Stu will make the decision in the morning only one thing for sure it will be a MG of some variant 😁 all clean so not much to do apart from enjoy the sun with a beer before tea looking forward to this meet see everyone tomorrow

LotusLC
3rd August 2019, 16:24

Stu

Will be cleaner than mine Stu, got stuck at the river bank , night fishing last night....

https://i.imgur.com/V1HUvgpl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/IPZ9wlbl.jpg

Sdeh
3rd August 2019, 16:47
Here it is just came home to get a few thing the heading back to the showhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190803/de22a44c17631f679226dadbbc6160ce.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190803/b399495c10f7bf8920816f26c3d2b2a8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190803/4c56bc75f14074382a9b2a29545becc2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190803/5e0a3ff70cc715063bde545d99eb289d.jpg
Here it is cleaned it this morning and when I got to show I carried on cleaning and finished about 1 hour ago

ricardo65
3rd August 2019, 17:21
Here it is just came home to get a few thing the heading back to the showhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190803/de22a44c17631f679226dadbbc6160ce.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190803/b399495c10f7bf8920816f26c3d2b2a8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190803/4c56bc75f14074382a9b2a29545becc2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190803/5e0a3ff70cc715063bde545d99eb289d.jpg
Here it is cleaned it this morning and when I got to show I carried on cleaning and finished about 1 hour ago

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLooks well Thomas see you in the morning 😁

ssizefive
3rd August 2019, 17:33
I went over to the showground earlier today ( forgot to look where we have been positioned though :duh: ), looked great - plenty of cars already there, loads of people camping - I got talking to a few people I know from the Tf groups, they have entertainment arranged for this evening and some have gone on road runs today - I didn't really want to come away.
Would it be worth thinking about making it a weekend event next year? Camping available, plenty of B&B's around for people that don't want to camp & it is a lovely area anyway so the family could come too. Just a thought.
Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Steve.

ricardo65
3rd August 2019, 17:36
Thanks for the update Steve would be good a weekend get together with entertainment maybe it's something we can arrange looking forward to tomorrow see you in the morning 😁

ricardo65
3rd August 2019, 17:40
Will be cleaner than mine Stu, got stuck at the river bank , night fishing last night....

https://i.imgur.com/V1HUvgpl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/IPZ9wlbl.jpgI've just had pictures from Dave Lincs Gary the launch car has had a wash and headlights polished I hope he isn't going to show you up 😂😂

stocktake
3rd August 2019, 17:47
Didn't realise it was a two day show :shrug:

LotusLC
3rd August 2019, 18:41
I've just had pictures from Dave Lincs Gary the launch car has had a wash and headlights polished I hope he isn't going to show you up 😂😂

Should we be worried about him Rich, cleaning cars is not his thing.

ricardo65
3rd August 2019, 19:22
Should we be worried about him Rich, cleaning cars is not his thing.

think the hot weather has got to him Gary :D:D

Sdeh
4th August 2019, 15:25
I went over to the showground earlier today ( forgot to look where we have been positioned though :duh: ), looked great - plenty of cars already there, loads of people camping - I got talking to a few people I know from the Tf groups, they have entertainment arranged for this evening and some have gone on road runs today - I didn't really want to come away.

Would it be worth thinking about making it a weekend event next year? Camping available, plenty of B&B's around for people that don't want to camp & it is a lovely area anyway so the family could come too. Just a thought.

Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Steve.

I went to the show they had on and it was really good singing 70s and 80s mainly which I liked as I love the 80s and 70s music

stocktake
4th August 2019, 15:27
I went to the show they had on and it was really good singing 70s and 80s mainly which I liked as I love the 80s and 70s music

Get that lucas headlight found you. :D

Sdeh
4th August 2019, 15:27
It was amazing will definitely go camping again next year in either the 75 or a zs as I知 looking at getting the 75 as my main car and going on a deal they do for new drivers to use a ZS as a fun car

Sdeh
4th August 2019, 15:32
Get that lucas headlight found you. :D

Yep

stocktake
4th August 2019, 15:35
Yep

Seriously Thomas it needs to have a sidelight fitting as well :)

suzublu
4th August 2019, 15:38
Another enjoyable day, got to meet Thomas briefly, it was me who said hello when you were talking with the blue/silver duotone owner;)
Anyway couple of pics, the duotone rare Chagall over Starlight silver
https://i.imgur.com/n2wLIcUl.jpg
A Mini ERA for Paul (Mininuts)
https://i.imgur.com/WAIzWqBl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ks9o65nl.jpg
A pickup
https://i.imgur.com/SxlZRTCl.jpg
And a strange ZS tourer:shrug:
https://i.imgur.com/EyNqdtCl.jpg

Sdeh
4th August 2019, 15:39
Seriously Thomas it needs to have a sidelight fitting as well :)

Haven稚 got enough side lights but I値l get the lucas light off one of the minis

Sdeh
4th August 2019, 15:40
Another enjoyable day, got to meet Thomas briefly, it was me who said hello when you were talking with the blue/silver duotone owner;)

Anyway couple of pics, the duotone rare Chagall over Starlight silver

https://i.imgur.com/n2wLIcUl.jpg

A Mini ERA for Paul (Mininuts)

https://i.imgur.com/WAIzWqBl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ks9o65nl.jpg

A pickup

https://i.imgur.com/SxlZRTCl.jpg

And a strange ZS tourer:shrug:

https://i.imgur.com/EyNqdtCl.jpg

Hope to meet again

stocktake
4th August 2019, 15:42
Haven’t got enough side lights but I’ll get the lucas light off one of the minis

Sorry Thomas, what I meant to say is the headlights on my car are also the sidelights, there is a hole in them where the sidelight fits :)

ssizefive
4th August 2019, 16:34
Had a great time today, so many fantastic cars on display. Good to see everyone and we really need to sort out making a weekend of this next year.
Thanks to Richard for arranging for us to attend.

Steve.

elroy
4th August 2019, 17:58
From today79304793057930679307793087930979310

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

elroy
4th August 2019, 18:01
A few more79311793127931379314793157931679317

elroy
4th August 2019, 18:03
And a few more79318793197932079321793227932379324

bigd
4th August 2019, 19:21
Thanks to Richard for organising had a great day and to top it off we had a ride back over the top and down to Aysgarth Falls before going home :bowdown::bowdown:

maxi_crawf
4th August 2019, 19:27
A really good day out in very picturesque surroundings a big thank you to Richard for promoting this on here.

ricardo65
4th August 2019, 19:35
A great day fantastic weather and a very well supported club stand really enjoyed this meet didn't have enough time to get fully round all the show its getting bigger every year:} like to thank Stu (Fusilier ) and Steve Ssizefive for helping getting the club stand into order in the morning also I would like to thank everyone who attended making this a great meet :bowdown:

and it was also very nice to meet Thomas for the first time a very enthusiastic and pleasant young man

ricardo65
4th August 2019, 19:44
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190804/b7df1f08eb727f0c52e4406bc47a09c7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190804/80ad01f3b38e99807b421a1f488c3656.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190804/0f974babae9004c2a2349bc5d5932b69.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190804/b267a460fff49efb94ea679e1b640f1f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190804/ef8cfa20548f8a1003ce00ca115ce17b.jpg

ricardo65
4th August 2019, 19:50
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190804/76eae1e509f3e309a5724c61fecd628d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190804/f60eee2a72ae29410937f81858a03fb6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190804/f5645470a5f5dd0ee7a0e316c37c8287.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190804/d7c068bc3c92003a2b5ff7ac87ea5635.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190804/b2df64ef53cbd78756d889a6de9424a7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190804/1a87b074393072d0a689e5326b1e5daa.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190804/dd178ea424d5779e615bd9e926070bf7.jpg

The Incredible 'ULK'
5th August 2019, 07:01
Great show again, lots of fantastic cars on show. Thanks for inviting us Rich, had a great day out. Good to catch up with people, even if only brief. The weekend idea sounds great, I could bring the caravan then! :D

RobSun
5th August 2019, 11:09
I agree with everyone's comments, it was another great day again and good to meet up with everyone. And thanks for letting me park my Dolomite amongst you all.

LotusLC
5th August 2019, 11:14
Great meet, Thanks for organising Rich. Sorry I had to rush off but had to pick up more car parts 😭

elroy
5th August 2019, 14:47
hope you had a good trip up Scotland :}

LotusLC
5th August 2019, 17:06
hope you had a good trip up Scotland :}

All good thanks Roy .