PDA

View Full Version : First job done and a discovery...

slovcan
30th June 2019, 20:28
...no, not a Land Rover Discovery.

Today I did the hood release cable splitter box mod. The cable block was indeed upside down as discussed in this thread https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4692&highlight=bonnet+release+cable+divider . I duly turned it over, put a tie wrap around the single cable so that bit couldn't move down in its slot. Next put a tie wrap around the two catch cables and the bracket underneath them about an inch or two in front of the splitter box (didn't want to drill a hole to put the tie wrap around the box - no room to spare on the LHD). Then I loosened the half-moon mounting bolts about 1/4 turn - still snug, but not bar tight, either. The result was an easier pulling release lever. Maybe I woun't need the new release cable that came with the car.

I had a look in the plenum, too, bone dry.

Then I made the discovery. Tucked into the space in front of the battery was a tuning box. It is a Powerhouse Tuning made in Germany box. It only has one wire loom coming out of it and looks like it may be hard wired into a loom that runs above the FBH in front of the battery toward the engine. The Synergy 2 Ron Box I just received from our fellow member, Delmor, has two looms out of it. I opened it up and saw 7 sets of jumper pins with the jumper put on the middle set. Does anyone know anything about this box like what the jumper settings ought to be?

If this works, I'll put the Ron Box back on here with first dibs to the other member who contacted Delmor about it after me.

Cheers,
Glenn