PDA

View Full Version : Another reverse sensor fault.

jackatesme
29th July 2019, 15:07
Bought a new set of reversing sensors,before i replace the old set,need some confirmation. No beep when selecting reverse, reverse lights on,so gearbox switch O.K. Getting beep when lights left on,so sounder O.K. Checked ECU in boot looks clean and dry. Not getting any beeping from any sensor. Is there anything else i need to check before changing to the new set. Thanks.

macafee2
29th July 2019, 15:10
Is the "new" ECU the same colour as the old as I have been told they are not interchangeable.
Have you checked the plug under the bumper between sensors and harness, I think that's were there is one.

macafee2

Yorkshire GOC
29th July 2019, 15:54
As you are getting total silence i would look at the connection between the parking ECU and Sensor loom - if it were just a faulty sensor you would get the long fault bleep. On mine it was a corroded connection caused by moisture ingress. :shrug:

jackatesme
29th July 2019, 17:26
Is the "new" ECU the same colour as the old as I have been told they are not interchangeable.
Have you checked the plug under the bumper between sensors and harness, I think that's were there is one.

macafee2
The new set is non rover,totally different ECU,bought off e-bay.
If it would mean taking bumper off to check plug,the bumper will be off next week for painting. I was hoping to confirm what the problem is before then,as i will be asking painter to put in new set of sensors when he takes bumper off. With a bit of luck the painter knows a bit about electrics.:D

Tourist
29th July 2019, 18:33
You can get to the sensor multiplug without removing the rear bumper.

If you get under the car and check the area around where the bumper is mounted to the underside of the car with two mounting points in the centre, you'll see the wiring and a largeish multiplug.