PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me, for I have sinned

Tatts
1st December 2008, 12:37
Went to the local hand car wash place today; the car was filthy and I couldn't be bothered to do it myself & it's cold.

I'd watched them before working on cars & was quite impressed, so for £5 I gave it a go.

Pressure washed the whole car & arches.
Sprayed TFR on the lower half of the car, front end & wheels.
Snow foamed the whole car.
Washed it with a mit! Regular rinsing in clean water too.
Used a seperate sponge for the wheels.
Pressure rinsed.
Sprayed with detailing spray.
Rinsed again.
Dried with drying cloths.
All door & boot shuts dried also.

Very impressed, especially for the price.

JohnDotCom
1st December 2008, 12:43
That would cost nearer £20 Upward around here!

majedm75
1st December 2008, 16:02
Tatts,

What exactly did you consider as a sin?
What is TFR :o?

Tatts
1st December 2008, 16:16
Tatts,

What exactly did you consider as a sin?
What is TFR :o?

TFR - Traffic Film Remover. Removes road film without removing protective wax & polish.

Sin - I've become a bit obsessed about keeping my car swirl free. I usually follow a strict regime when it comes to washing. I've also invested a fair few £££s in the proper kit for washing & polishing/waxing. Public car wash emporiums, either mechanical or hand are bad for causing swirls. Hence a sin! :)

Corwen
1st December 2008, 16:18
i enjoy washing and polishing my 75 when its a nice day, down the road for £5 the polish boys do a fantastic job, in any weather, bless em !:D

majedm75
1st December 2008, 16:26
TFR - Traffic Film Remover. Removes road film without removing protective wax & polish.

Sin - I've become a bit obsessed about keeping my car swirl free. I usually follow a strict regime when it comes to washing. I've also invested a fair few £££s in the proper kit for washing & polishing/waxing. Public car wash emporiums, either mechanical or hand are bad for causing swirls. Hence a sin! :)

Thanks about the info concerning the TFR.
Concerning the cleaning part, nothing new then ;). I thought at first that automatic carwash was used...
Near my place, there is a similar service available, as the car is pre-treated by few chaps before being washed, but then it goes in an automatic conveyor tunnel carwash afterwards :eek:

MrBitsy
23rd January 2009, 08:12
i enjoy washing and polishing my 75 when its a nice day, down the road for £5 the polish boys do a fantastic job, in any weather, bless em !:D

Watch them for a few minutes and you will see them really use bad practice. They go around the car working up and down - spreading the muck from the bottom of the car all over the place! If you have ever looked at your cars shine and wondered what all those 'holograms' and 'swirls' are, now you know!

Of course, it is not a requirement to be as anal as some of us when it comes to car cleaning :D

willshot
23rd January 2009, 10:13

AHEM !!!!! It doesn't make one a bad person using these establishments :D:D

Tatts
23rd January 2009, 10:54
AHEM !!!!! It doesn't make one a bad person using these establishments :D:D

It's a good job it doesn't! You must have a season ticket for that one in Rovrum??! :D:D:D

kevin
30th January 2009, 16:04
go to our Tesco, before they wash they give it a mad bath useing about 1pt of water they wipe the car over. when it look's like its never been cleaned, its time to wipe it off with a dry cloth.

last year after I had been all day cleaning my car, the right way, went to Tesco as I got out of car was asked would you like your car cleaned can't tell your my reply but I was not happy.