PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning speaker grille covers - method?

Dave***t
1st December 2008, 13:18
I seem to remember a post about someone having cleaned the fabric covers over their front door speakers. But I can't seem to find the post.

I noticed the familiar dark circle over the speakers at the weekend, but I'm unsure as to what would be an effective method of cleaning them without getting anything untoward dripping on to the speakers.

Any ideas?

JohnDotCom
1st December 2008, 13:21
Can't locate at the moment, but I'm sure it used 1001 Carpet Cleaner spray to clean material.

Reebs
1st December 2008, 13:36
Here it is......

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=179

Your right JDC, 1001 it is.

Dave***t
1st December 2008, 15:14
Aha, cheers gents!

JohnDotCom
1st December 2008, 18:46
Thanks for the link Reebs. :D

Phil
2nd December 2008, 18:07
Anyone had any luck doing this because mine look worse than when I started.

Mike
2nd December 2008, 19:44
Anyone had any luck doing this because mine look worse than when I started.

Phil,

The person who wrote the how to did ;)

It's important not to put too much 1001 on, and to use a brand new clean cloth. Worth a second go?

Phil
2nd December 2008, 20:41
Phil,

The person who wrote the how to did ;)

It's important not to put too much 1001 on, and to use a brand new clean cloth. Worth a second go?

Certainly is Mike. I will use less solution and give it another go at the weekend. Thanks.:)

pondweed
3rd December 2008, 07:03
perhaps don't use the mop next time:getmecoat:

Rob75
4th December 2008, 16:18
mine came up realy nicley alough i did do it the long hard way, i removed the covers from the door cards and used hot water and soap flakes, gave them a good old scrub and left them to dry over night.:)

Dave***t
4th December 2008, 17:17
Ah, do they just pop off by any chance? I haven't gone so far as to try, given that my luck with breaking things has never been too good!

Rob75
4th December 2008, 17:34
there acctually joined to the door card with plastic pins that have had the tops melted to form a head.

what i did was cut the tops of the pins off and then drilled a very small hole in the top of the pin and secured them on with very small self tappers and washers.

Richiemd
25th February 2009, 07:37
Hi took me three attempts to get them looking nice, used 1001 cleaner (the can of mouse with the built in brush) came up a treat in the end just persevere allowing them to dry between treatments, Its well worth it.