PDA

View Full Version : ABS Sensor with Black Plug

Fred Byrne
5th October 2019, 11:16
Rover 75 Connoiseur 2.5L Saloon chassis No. SARRJXLLM2D231951

I am a new member and received the above car last year. I purchased new ABS sensors but when fitting them discovered the car has black plugs and the new sensor cables have blue plugs. The key-ways on the black plug don't accommodate the blue plug keys. I am going to solder the black plugs on to the new sensors. Will this work? i would appreciate comments. Please
Fred

chris75
5th October 2019, 11:34
Hold on there a minute !
They don't fit because they are not meant to :}
If I recall correctly the black plugs are for the brake pad wear indicators and the blue ones for the ABS sensors , so you are trying to connect chalk and cheese :eek:
Have another look round for the blue plugs ; they may have been moved by someone previously :shrug:

raykay
5th October 2019, 13:44
As above, if the cables in the black connector are Black and Black/White (rear o/s), both Black/White (front o/s), it is for the brake pad warning circuit. The ABS connector should be blue, with different coloured cables (different colours for each of the four connectors).

Fred Byrne
5th October 2019, 14:56
:bowdown:
You are all absolutely correct. I have two excuses
(1) My only experience of Rovers is 60 years experience with Rover 105R and a Rover 100 they don't have such marvrllous things like ABs
an(2) I am just an Irish thicko.
Please choose which one you think most apt.
My apologies and thanks to you all
Fred