PDA

View Full Version : Airbag error and the connector....

DaylightRovery
6th October 2019, 19:10
Evening all,

Got the usual airbag fault on the dash of my facelift cdti.
Had it a few month ago and marinabrian fixed it by cleaning the connector block up, but its back again.
So, under the driver sewt I go aaànd rag the wire about and it stopped for a week but its back.
This will sound daft but how the hell do you seperate the connector block?? Ive never seen one like it and it looks over complicated for the sake of joining 2 wires.

Can I snip it out and replace it with bullet connectors??

Cheers all.

trikey
6th October 2019, 19:14
Evening all,

Got the usual airbag fault on the dash of my facelift cdti.
Had it a few month ago and marinabrian fixed it by cleaning the connector block up, but its back again.
So, under the driver sewt I go aaànd rag the wire about and it stopped for a week but its back.
This will sound daft but how the hell do you seperate the connector block?? Ive never seen one like it and it looks over complicated for the sake of joining 2 wires.

Cheers all.

Better to snip it and solder the wires rather than use bullet connectors.

stevestrat
6th October 2019, 19:32
Better to snip it and solder the wires rather than use bullet connectors.Agree with Andy, solder and heatshrink but also add a few inches of wire, lessens the chances of seat movement putting the wiring under tension.

If you'd prefer to retain a connector this type (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Superseal-AMP-Tyco-1-2-3-4-5-Way-Waterproof-12V-Electrical-Connectors-Kit-Pins/112587917770?hash=item1a36c349ca:m:meB0XoAN5gc8YBq XBVBEOQw) has been used by quite a few members.

hogweed
6th October 2019, 22:56

You can, but Brian will shout at you ;)

Better to snip it and solder the wires rather than use bullet connectors.

And for that too :D

marinabrian
8th October 2019, 06:03
Nah, buy a tin of Vaseline and repeat what I did, the vaseline is the prevention and the cure ;)

Brian :D

DaylightRovery
8th October 2019, 17:29
Nah, buy a tin of Vaseline and repeat what I did, the vaseline is the prevention and the cure ;)

Brian :D

Can't remember what you did mate. The clips so complicated I dont know how to open it. Hence the thought of snipping it!.

Darcydog
9th October 2019, 13:51
I’m planning to fit Mk2 facelift seats to my Mk1 ZTT and so have bought a set of the new connectors mentioned above - they do three and two pin versions.

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.