PDA

View Full Version : 75/ZT Engine coversion advice needed.

Mettymatty
11th October 2019, 13:20
Hi,

I'm looking at swapping from 1.8 VVC (MEMS 2J) to 1.8T.
After a fair bit of research it seems there are several ways of going about this, some of which are more 'plug & play' than others. I realise that possibly the easiest way is to buy a ready mapped Kmaps ECU but I already have a NNN00500 ECU with loom and matching key, EWS etc..
I was thinking of making some small mods to the 75 loom to adapt to use a PG1 box but I saw an old thread from this forum...

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=154351

Post #10 mentions swapping eeproms so that the 1.8T ecu will work with 5AS. Will this definately work? - This would mean converting to MEMS3 wiring I think?
My other option is to use the 75 loom as above, bypass the EWS and adapt the crank sensor signal to allow the older style sensor used by the PG1 to be accepted by the NNN000500 ECU. - There are also CANBUS issues but I will be using a non 75/ZT dash.

Any constructive advice or comments please?

Thanks for reading.

rrobson
11th October 2019, 17:18
Just use kmaps, by far the quickest, easiest and has proven reliably. Get bigger injectors and a bigger turbo and it'll be good for 250bhp +

Mettymatty
11th October 2019, 19:41
Thanks for that.

If I had a pound for every time that's been said to me across numerous forums...:duh:

Yes, Kmaps is by far the easiest solution as I suggested in my previous post but it's not what I want to do. I'd much sooner have a go myself and maybe learn a thing or two in the process.
I already have a bigger turbo and some blue band injectors from a T series that I planned on using with a piggy back ecu I have laying around. That's one of the reasons I wanted to run the 1.8T ecu as a starting point.